Tell Me Why You're So Far Away.

Love Is Not Over

 

Tell Me Why You're So Far Away.

 

Yoongi woke up with a smile on his face despite the annoying but familiar alarm blaring on his phone. He stretched his arms and turned his body to the other side of the bed which was still cold, crisp and empty. His head hurt like crazy from last night's event but he wasn't complaining as memories of Jimin's shy face, pretty hands and bare collarbones kept him sane.

Suddenly a different alarm infiltrated his ears. Yoongi grabbed his phone without looking and proceeded to pick up the call. Too tired to look at who was calling at an ungodly hour- 9am was too much for Yoongi, of course.

"Hello good morning," voice still coarse Yoongi croaked out his greetings, polite as ever.

"Hello sir, your credit card has been hacked. The bank will need you security number to access the hacker's account."

Yoongi sat up and pulled a dumbfounded face, "I know it's you hyung."

"How'd you know?"

"You're my brother, I know your voice."

Yoongi's older brother was calling him all the way from Jeju Island. He had gotten married three months ago and due to the newly weds being complete work-a-holics, it was just yesterday that they went on their long-awaited honeymoon.

"How is Jeju?" Yoongi pulled the blanket from his body and tiredly made his way into the bathroom to freshen himself up. He held the phone between his ear and listened to what his brother had been up to. Yoongi's brother was the opposite of him personality wise but they looked identical.

What separated them was the way Yoongi presented himself. He was more stereotypically manly with hints of a gentleman hidden. Yoongi's brother, on the other hand, was easy going and a social butterfly. He even met his wife in a club.

"So, that happened. Anyway, I want to know how you're doing little bro."

"Everything's fine."

"Oh really? Who's Jimin?"

Yoongi looked up from the sink, he had pressed the loudspeaker button a second ago but as soon as he heard the magic word, Yoongi dried his face and closed the door with his stretched leg.

Yoongi didn't live alone.

He had a roommate. His roomate just so happens to be Jungkook's older brother. That's why he was so kind to Jungkook during the man's first month on campus. Of course, it was also because he was a kind-hearted person but more so because Yoongi and Jeon Jung Hyun got along well.

If he was to hear that Yoongi was gushing over Jimin, who also just so happens to be Junghyun's little brother Jungkook's best friend, there was a chance that Junghyun or "Hyun" as Yoongi called him, could snitch on him.

"What?"

A chuckle from the other end of the line, "You left your tablet with me when your dropped us off. I was looking for your music file but I found this PDF titled 'Jimin', what's that all about hm?"

"So you just called to gossip. Wow."

Yoongi wasn't freaking out, sure it was completely embarrassing, but nothing was on the PDF. He just create a document because he wanted Jimin to "belong" to him. It was some metaphorical idea Yoongi had at 3am after watching some emotional documentary.

"He's a friend."

"So, where's my PDF? Or your roommate's if it isn't exclusive?"

"You have a wife."

"Ha. Ha. Ha, so funny. Jimin is your lover?"

"What?! What do you-"

"I'm kidding bro."

"You're still annoying hyung," An annoyed Yoongi was about to hang up when his brother managed to squeeze in another stupid comment.

"I can already tell you love him."

 

"You love him."

Jungkook patted Jimin's head lovingly, watching the way his best friend hid his face with his laptop. Jimin was busy typing away, hoping that it wasn't noticable but of course, Jungkook's mind was as sharp as his stare.

"Love who?" Jimin tiredly closed his laptop and placed it back into his backpack, intrigued by Jungkook's statement, Jimin became more curious as he sipped onto his nearly finished cup of hot chocolate.

The cafe wasn't too busy but a few customers came every minute or so. Sometimes in large groups but no one took the time to sit down or even notice the fact that Jungkook and Jimin had occupied the corner seats even though it seats more than five.

"What do you mean who? That dude from that one anime you keep on watching!"

Jimin let out a small sigh of relief. He thought for a minute while watching jungkook being completely clueless as to why was he even so nervous? He had nothing to hide, but there were still cold beads of sweat rolling down beneath his coal, black fringe. The word "love" both haunted him and warmed his heart. There was hope that he'd find it again; that feeling of being loved -even after a bad break-up. Jimin knew that love wasn't over, he denied it because a certain someone proved to him that there was so much more to loving someone.

On the night of the party, after Jimin had dragged his two best friends onto the spare bedroom and covered them with blankets he heard a loud "ping!" go off in Jungkook's pockets. He pulled out a phone and highlighted in big words: "Min Yoongi-sunbaenim" Jimin felt his hands quiver as chills rolled up his spine.

He was everywhere.

Jimin looked at the past messages that were sent at around the same time and as he passed each text, Jimin was left stunned.

 

Min Yoongi-sunbaenim [5 unread messages]

Jungkook, are you at xxx's party? (11:50pm)

Are you with Jimin? (11:53pm)

I'm worried, I was tlaking to him and then I lost him (11:53pm)

There's a lot of people in here, I hope he hasn't been taken or something (11:55pm)

Jungkook??? Is Jimin with you? Why aren't you answering??? (11:59pm)  

 

Jimin knew that Jungkook and Taehyung were completely wasted by  11 pm, that bit wasn't surprising. But the fact that Yoongi typed like he just lost someone important to him, he sounded like he was Jimin's lover, made the male daydream so hard. He thought about holding Yoongi's hands, "Jimin?"

"Jimin? Hey!"

Touching his attractive face and listening to his voice.

"Earth to Jimin!"

A voice with a y accent.  

"Park Jimin!"

But then a harsh Busan accent infiltrated his day dream and Jimin was suddenly met with a confused Jungkook holding an empty cup of bubble tea. He had day dreamed for too long over someone who wasn't even his. This was beyond love, maybe even a slight obsession.

Jimin grabbed Jungkook's hands and pulled it over the table, "Jungkook, if you like someone would you just say it?"

"Well, I can't just say it. First, my knees would wobble, my eyes would become dazed and I don't think I could even speak. Why you like someone?"

"What? No, I'm just asking," Jimin took another sip of his hot chocolate but it was clearly empty.

Jungkook snatched the cup and placed it down, "Who? Who? Tell me hyung!"

"Just someone okay? Leave me alone, I'm just a harmless man! Can't a man love!"

Jungkook side-eyed Jimin as he began packing up his stuff, "That's fine hyung."

A brief pause, Jungkook continued using his more serious voice knowing fair well, Jimin would 100% listen.

"The right man will love all the things about you that the wrong man was intimidated by."

 

"Why are you so intimidated?"

Yoongi stood behind the shelves of books separating him and Jimin who was reading a book on the other side. With every flick of the page, Yoongi's hand shook like crazy, scared that Jimin would finish the book early. His friend was there as a wing-man because today was the day.

"Today is the day."

Exactly, two days ago Yoongi kissed Jimin's hand. One day ago, Jimin and him met each other's eyes and there was a spark.

"You felt a spark right?"

"I can't."

"What are you afraid of? Jimin throwing his book at you?"

"Frankly, yeah."

"If you don't move by the time I reach 5, I'm going to ask him out."

"Shut the up," Yoongi suddenly became rougher, he glared at his friend who was holding in a laugh. Yoongi took small steps but with every step his heart grew heavier.

He appeared from the corner; grabbing Jimin's attention. Yoongi was too distracted by the man's smile that he did not see the way Jimin dropped his book on the floor just to greet him. He did not see the way Jimin's cheeks became roses and how his eyes turned into moons full of light.

"Hyung!"

"Jimin."

Yoongi  grabbed Jimin's arm and pulled him gently towards a hidden corner behind some books that were untouched for years. His friend took this as a signal to leave.

Jimin slightly stumbled over his own feet but he was more worried as Yoongi's face became stern. Yoongi moved his hand from Jimin's wrist to his waist, his arm tightly held onto Jimin as he guided him against the wall.

Yoongi paused then took his other hand and lifted Jimin's chin. 

"You have no idea how long I have loved you."

At that moment, Jimin felt his knees wobble and his eyes were dazed by the sight of a serious Yoongi.

Jimin seemed voiceless.

Yoongi seemed perfect.