So Far That I can't Reach You

Love Is Not Over

 

So Far That I Can't Reach You.

 

Yoongi scanned the panting boy's eyes. They were really twinkling under the lights despite it being a little dim. The other man straightened himself up and bowed generously.

"Thank you! I thought I was going to die."

"Oh how come?"

Jimin looked behind him and found some plastic chairs, he balanced his body on one of the armrests while looking at Yoongi's face. Yoongi's raw appearance made him flip out on the inside, his senses and every hormone was tingling.

"I just, I was invited to this party but everyone just wants to-"

"Have ?"

Jimin laughed while Yoongi thought it was the most adorable thing he'd ever seen. When Jimin smiled he made the garden a little more brighter, he made the atmosphere a lot more light-hearted. Yoongi wasn't sure if he adored Jimin as a little brother, or more than that.

"You're silly, hyung."

In that moment, Jimin briefly touch Yoongi's crossed arms to signify that he was okay. He resumed to giggling some more as he never expected Yoongi to be so forward and crude. He was still cool nonetheless.

Maybe, even attractive.

"What? Wrong answer?"

"Yeah! I meant that everyone is always asking me about my stupid ex."

Yoongi's brain exploded, he froze until Jimin touched his arm again this time to ask if he was okay. Yoongi tilted his head as he could no longer hide his smirk, he looked at Jimin through his long eyelashes. Jimin felt the stare of Yoongi, this stare was a little different from the ones he would give from across the halls.

"Ex?"

"Mhm."

Jimin looked away and instead focused on the fact that he was alone, with Yoongi, in a dark area. He was a little scared but knew that Yoongi was just curious. He was sure that everyone knew about his break-up, but of all people, Yoongi just had to be the last one to know.

"So, you're single?"

"Yep."

A minute of silence followed as Yoongi drowned in his own thoughts: that Jimin wasn't in a relationship. Everything he knew was wrong and this was the first time he was happy to be corrected. He could jump for joy, but once he laid eyes on Jimin again, he melted.

"Hyung, you're so weird today. I never thought I'd see you here since you never come to parties. I would know because my ex was friends with your friend and he would always, always throw parties. I would never see you, ever."

Jimin shook his head to exaggerate his opinion.

"You noticed?"

 Jimin blushed while Yoongi grinned and began speaking softly, "You look for me?"

This was 100% flirting and Jimin knew it, he knew the trick of the trades. He knew many pick-up lines but the way Yoongi approached him so daringly, the way he asked provocative questions made him shiver. He was different from his ex, Yoongi doesn't beat around the bush, he sets the bush on fire.

Jimin stood up and dusted his behind, he began walking sideways before full on sprinting back into the house. Yoongi chased after him, he was worried because he knew that Jimin was probably still recovering from his old relationship. He wondered if he crossed the line and he had this mission to apologise.

He felt like he was too much for Jimin at the moment.

Jimin hid in the bathroom after dragging out a sleeping drunkard from the sink. He stood against the door and took a deep breath. He held his forehead and it was warm, he felt his heart and it was on the brink of exploding. Images of Yoongi looking at him so lovingly patched up his broken feelings.

 ". ."

Not again Jimin thought.

Yoongi, on the other hand, was looking everywhere for his crush. He scanned the living room but everyone looked too happy to be Jimin. He began to get worried but before he could full-on panic, Taehyung and Jungkook approached him all giddy and slightly drunk.

"Yoongi hyung!"

"You're here!"

Yoongi replied with: "You're not with Jimin?!"

Jungkook held onto Taehyung's shoulders with furrowed eyebrows, "You lost him! You lost my hyung!"

Taehyung copied Jungkook and held his shoulders with such a loose a grip that he was about to fall, "No you did!"

The two laughed like idiots while Yoongi scratched the back of his head. He was about to call for a search party, fearing that Jimin had been kidnapped or run over or trapped somewhere but then a voice called out once again. The same voice that called for him before.

"Yoongi hyung?"

"Oh thank goodness you were here." Yoongi took a reassuring breath as he watched Jimin approach them, hands all fiddly.

He looked at Yoongi shyly before asking; "Could you help me get my friends to my car?"

Yoongi was confused but then felt guilty when he thought that Jimin was leaving all because of him. Yoongi was then determined to help Jimin as much as he could.

Jimin grabbed both Jungkook's and Taehyung's arms and proceeded to move towards the door, Yoongi followed behind supporting Jungkook who was about to collapse. They made their way towards Jimin's car.

"Thank you," Jimin spoke up while strapping Jungkook into the back seat next to a tilted Taehyung.  

As Yoongi buckled Taehyung, the drunk latter reached out and grabbed Yoongi's hand, "You look good with Jimin.

Jimin coughed while Yoongi patted Taehyung's chest, "Mhm, go to sleep Taehyung."

Yoongi briefly looked at Jimin who, contrary to what he thought, Jimin was actually smiling at him. Even after Taehyung's awkward drunk comment, Jimin didn't run away.

"I'm sorry I ran away. I just felt a little sick from the reek of alcohol." Lies. He ran away because he was love sick.

"Not much of a drinker?"

Jimin nodded as he got into the driver's seat. "I'm the designated driver so I must be responsible. But even if I wasn't I still wouldn't drink. I get, well apparently, I get 'too' much."

Yoongi rested his arms by Jimin's car window. He ducked down so he could see his favourite person's face more clearer.

"It's alright, I just thought I made you uncomfortable." Yoongi happily chuckled but then Jimin was taken back.

"You thought that I was uncomfortable? No! I was just a little flushed, I mean shy, I mean- um."

Jimin leaned forward and covered his face with the steering wheel.

Yoongi sighed as he watched Jimin struggle for words, he was so dead. This man, in front of him, was guilty of stealing his heart. He had never felt this much love before, not from someone who wasn't even his own lover. 

As Jimin continued to internally face palm himself, he felt Yoongi's long, cold hands grab his. Jimin turned his head slightly, not sitting up from the steering wheel.

He watched as Yoongi brought their hands together and whispered sweet words. 

"I was even more shy you know."

Yoongi took Jimin's hand towards his lips and kissed the back of his hand gently.

Jimin exploded while Yoongi took a step back and waved good bye. Jimin was entirely stiff, his hands were glued onto the wheel. His body was controlling the car but he really couldn't look away from Yoongi. He shakily waved to the man he had learnt to like.

Maybe, even love. But as he drove away, the street lights shone on Yoongi even brighter as if there was a spotlight on him. A call to Jimin that this was the person for him. The right one. But he was truthfully afraid because Yoongi was just as mysterious as he was put out to be.

From this night, he was sweet but there was more to Yoongi that Jimin wanted to know. His hobbies, his likes and dislikes, his favourite movie. He was curious. Jimin looked at his mirror and saw Jungkook sleeping peacefully. Taehyung, sadly, was still awake and still out of his mind.

"Are you okay, Tae?"

Taehyung slurled his words but it was still clear enough to hear; "Yoongi hyung looks at you like he sees the world in your eyes."

Jimin remained silent, a small chuckle came out when he heard his friends sweet words, but then his eyes glanced at his own hand. Yoongi made his mark; it was time for Jimin to move on.