The Long Night is Following You as it Flows

Love Is Not Over

 

 The Long Night is Following You as it Flows.

 

"One voice message from Kim Taehyung. Park Jimin, come on. Open your door and let me in!"

A booming voice echoed from the phone and was heard from every corner of the apartment. It gave a small sense of life into the place as everything in the apartment felt like they had all lost hope. Scrunched up paper was just left on the floor hoping they would somehow disappear, clothes were piled high like mountains waiting to be hiked on, dirty plates and cups were made to drown in the sink as they were always unattended. Curtains that were always closed made it a whole less of home but more of a landfill site.

"One message from Kim Taehyung. Jimin, you can't keep doing this to yourself."

The phone kept on relaying messages from people he cared about so much but he could not care less about himself. All Jimin wanted to do was shut himself in a box and mail himself somewhere far away where no one could ask him how he was feeling. Because that was the problem; he did not know what he was feeling. Was he okay? Was he fine? He could not give one definitive answer.

"One message from Kim Taehyung. Dude, are you eating well? I am really worried, you haven't shown up to any of your classes."

He did not want to remind himself of what made him like this. But he was sure about one thing and one thing only. Love, for him, was over. He could not do it anymore, no more wanting to be loved or having someone to love no more of that bullcrap. Jimin wanted nothing more than a best friend. He had always told people to be strong when entering a new relationship, how come he wasn't? 

"One message from Jeon Jungkook. It's love, hyung, happens."

Jimin stared at himself in the mirror and chuckled at his appearance, he could hardly identify himself. His dark brown hair could be mistaken for a birds nest and his eyes were so dark not even binge-watching Netflix could make the same result. Overall, the result of his tragic experiences were shocking. He wanted to not only hide for the rest of his life but find a way to erase his memories of the past. 

He wanted to cut himself out his own story and paste it onto another. He didn't want to be Park Jimin; the man who was considered a perfect human being by others. He didn't want to continue being this person who was truly all alone in this world, not after he left. He wanted someone to lean on, someone to go to when school was tough and he needed motivation. Park Jimin needed,

"Chicken!"

Jimin flinched from his bed and moved his head to face his bedroom door, having no strength to get up and look at who just came in, the male grabbed a remote control and threw at his doorway. 

"Who goes there?"

He grumbled, barely allowing any time to actually look at who just busted in. A figure appeared carrying two plastic bags full of food, they made a face so ominous it made Jimin pull the blanket over his head. He knew exactly who was mad enough to break and enter someones home with no permission.

" 'Who goes there?!' What are you saying you poop, we're not in the Shakespeare era Jiminie."

Only one person who had full copyright of the nickname 'Jiminie'. A nickname that he did not actually approve of but is still used despite countless arguements.

"But to be honest, I think we are since you're acting like you're Romeo when he found out, yeah you get what I am saying."

As Jimin hid under his duvet he smelt the meal being placed by his bedside table, the person sat on the other side of the bed, inches away from his leg when all of a sudden loud music filled his entire room. The weirdo started bouncing up and down, which meant Jimin also bounced up and down. He bopped to the music, violently. This made the petrified Jimin even more confused because it was definitely a ballad. 

"Aw yeah! This is my jam, Ne-Yo can get it, woo! Oh yeah!"

Jimin felt himself wriggling, twisting, turning and he still did not now what this person's purpose was. Even the chicken was completely unexpected, it could help, but not here and not now.

Taehyung, with his deep  voice, belted out Ne-Yo's best hit, "'Cause she walk like a boss, talk like a boss. Manicure nails sent the pedicure off- She's fly effortlessly~""

At this point, the tired Jimin had enough. It was early in the morning on a Saturday, no one needed this. He threw the duvet off his body so powerfully it unfortunately, came with the weirdo. Taehyung practically flew.

Jimin hurriedly sat up and peered from his bed, he stifled a laugh when he saw the mess he created. The music suddenly stopped.

"Taehyung! I'm so sorry!" The apologetic male stood up and held out his hand to aid Taehyung who was by now, sulking. "Come on, don't be like that."

Amongst the pillows and the soft but crumpled duvet, Taehyung looked up at Jimin and glared intently. He lifted his eyebrow and made an apalled look. Pushing himself up, he began to tut as he rejected Jimin's hand. 

"Are you kidding me? Jimin, have you seen yourself at all? You are the one who is sulking like crazy!"

Jimin sighed and sat back on the edge of his bed, he looked away from Taehyung's direction because he knew what was coming. Not only did he trap himself in his apartment but also prevented anyone from contacting him for a whole week. His friends knew what had happened but no matter how close they were, Jimin kept to himself. This was the first time he had seen anyone for a long time. 

"Jungkook and I have been trying to visit you to see how you were doing! All you do is hide! I am serious Park Jimin. Get out of this misery you call 'home', come play games or at least go out once in a while."

Jimin sighed again, deeply this time. He knew he was being pathetic. He was a grown man on the starting line of establishing his career and future. He didn't need to do this. But he did, because he's, what you call, hearbroken. And when you're heartbroken, you're in the process of healing.

"Do you know how worried we are about you? A lot! So much! Jungkook's at his parent's house right now, but if he was here he would definitely give you can ear-full. He told me to go to your house and somehow break-in while carrying a bucket of freaking chicken! The things I do for you. Now, come on, get dressed! And you also need to change your password, 1234 is not good enough."

Jimin scratched his head and rubbed his eyes, "I know, I know." Taehyung scoffed and grabbed his friend's arm, he pulled him towards the bathroom until they got to the door way. Taehyung pushed Jimin and closed the door behind him. Jimin stood idly in front of the mirror wondering where to start.

"Get yourself together because we are going to go out tonight, right after we eat chicken!"

He picked up his shaver and shaved his facial hair that did not really grow at all, much to his disappointment. He then splashed cold water onto his face and hissed at the temperature, he did everything he can to make sure any marks that said "I AM CLEARLY HEALING!" was removed from his face. The only thing he could not fix was his croaky voice and half-hearted smile. 

Taehyung opened the door slightly and reached out to hand Taehyung some new clothes, "It's your size, just wear it. It will look good on you." Jimin took the clothes and inspected them. He tilted his head as he placed them over his torso, wondering if they did match his current, unfortunate, appearance.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure is my middle name." Taehyung answered from the bedroom. His voice was more muffled due to the fact that he was gobbling on a chicken drumstick. 

"Are you eating the chicken?" Silence followed. Jimin chuckled as he pulled his shirt over his head. He dressed himself swiftly but when he looked at hismelf in the mirror, broken thoughts invaded his mind. He leaned on the sink and moved closer to inspect himself. As if he was trying to grab the person inside of the mirror.

Taehyung noticed the minutes that were passing and became aware of how long Jimin was taking. 

"Jimin?" He approached the door and knocked gently.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Do you not like it?"

Jimin eyed himself. He looked at how well his clothes fitted him. He forgot how good it felt to appreciate yourself once in a while but he still couldn't tell himself that he was the same person as he was before. How could he? He was obviously damaged. No matter what he did, he was always reminded of his past ex. How loved he felt. God, that felt good he thought to himself. How do you remove yourself from someone who you thought was meant to be part of your life.

How do you forget someone who told you that you were worth all the treasures of the world? 

How do you destroy the thought of you being never enough in the first place?

How do you give all that up?