Many Charms of Day6

All About Us

Yebin grumbled to herself as she sprinted back down to the basement, her head turning in each direction in search for Jae's familiar face. She found it weird how he had been less annoying and more quiet around her lately. Part of her thought he wanted to treat her better after knowing her situation while the other half wondered if something had happened to him as well. Her hands gripped the frame of the door, stopping herself as she arrived to the room. There he was, sitting in there tuning his guitar.

"Well you're looking fresh," he chuckled.

"Why didn't you tell me he was trying to disband Day6?" Yebin's voice was stern.

Jae's expression changed. His usual grin immediately fell to mimic Yebin's serious expression. "So what if I did? Would it change anything if I had?"

"I mean I wouldn't have been such an to you that day."

"Yebin, you're an to me everyday."

"I- that's not wrong but you know what I mean," she frowned.

"Look, I don't need your sympathy or pity. We're going through the same thing so I just tried understanding you a little more. I didn't want you to feel even worse by giving you more bad news."

Yebin found it slightly odd that Jae would worry over something like that. After the way she's treated him all this time, she would expect him to think she hates him. She wondered how he knew part of her cared.

Brushing her thoughts aside, she continued. "Still you should've told me."

"Why? You and I aren't friends. Or at least in your book we aren't. Did you already forget about these past three years of 'please shut the f up over there you're going to wake up some satanic demon hiding under the school's?" Jae asked with a raised brow.

What he said wasn't wrong. There hasn't been a single time the two of them got along. With Yebin's fiery personality and oversensitivity and Jae's amusement at her overexaggerations, every encounter ended with Yebin storming out of the room.

Holding back an eye roll, Yebin took a seat next to Jae. "Maybe it's time for us to you know, have a truce?"

"You want to make up right when everything is over. Don't you think that's a little late?"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's better late then never, right?"

"Now that you mention it," Jae suddenly sat up straight with an expression that read 'I have an idea', "You guys are the journalism club right?"

"Yes, Jae, we've been the journalism club this entire time."

"Oh hush you know what I mean. Let me finish. You guys help with publicity. If you guys write in the papers about us, maybe more people will read it. And in return, we mention you guys at gigs and performances."

Yebin thought for a moment before speaking. "It would be a good idea if one of us were more popular. Like what if no one reads the paper so no one sees you guys. Then no one goes to your performances and no one picks up a paper? Then there would be no point of it."

"Don't be such a Debby Downer. Just have faith in it. We can make flyers, make our friends go, make our friends bring friends, it'll get super hype as long as we can get the word out there. We could also have some fancy events or whatever. You're close to Principal Baek so you can ask him to put it up on announcements! How does that sound?"

"I guess I won't hurt to try," Yebin nodded with a smile slowly spreading across her face.

For some reason she had a good feeling about it. She felt as if everything would just start to fall into place. Yebin turned to face Jae and smiled.

"That's the spirit."

They raised their hands, clapping them together in a high five. It was finally a nice moment shared between Yebin and Jae. After realizing what had just happened, Yebin brought her hands back to her lap, looking down at them. Hesitantly, she looked back up. Eye contact was made and held comfortably. The two smiled at each other and just laughed.

Then Yebin suddenly had a realization. "Wait, how come you're always alone?" 

"What do you mean?"

"Last time you were by yourself and this time you still are. Did your members really just ditch you?"

"Well, last time I was the only one who didn't have a physics test to take the next day and today we finished early," Jae explained.

"If you guys ended early why are you still here?" Yebin asked.

Jae pointed towards the laptops left on the desks, "You guys thought it would be the perfect idea to leave $1000 laptops just sitting around. You guys didn't even bother to log off. Am I supposed to leave your expensive technology here for someone to take?"

Yebin was taken aback by his response and consideration. "You stayed late to watch over us?"

"Don't act like I did some noble deed. We've been stuck in this basement room together for the past three years. I think we have enough care for each other to do at least this much. If you saw my guitar laying around wouldn't you bring it back to me?"

"Not really."

Jae emitted a light chuckle, "I totally forgot who I'm talking to here for a second."

--

In order for the two groups to work together, both sides needed to know the situation. Yebin, with a heavy heart, informed the other members the best way she knew. Over three large pizzas.

"Every time you offer to buy us all food there's something wrong. What happened this time?" Sam raised an eyebrow as he stared at the pizzas in front of him.

"Wrong? There's nothing wrong!" Yebin lied.

Jungkook and Jinah didn't really realize anything was going on for they were just munching away with silly smiles plastered across their faces.

Kyulkyung smacked Yebin's arm lightly. "We've known you for many, many years, Yebin. Tell us. We can handle anything at this point!"

And so Yebin spat out the words in a string of incoherent screams. Fortunately after spending so much time with the girl, everyone was able to understand her without having to repeat anything. They took it surprisingly well. Neither Sam or Kyulkyung were surprised by the news. They had already expected it and discussed it with one another prior to their little outing. Even baby Jungkook and Jinah just took the news as motivation to push on harder.

"Don't worry guys!" Yebin pumped her fist in the air. "I have a plan that will get us back on track. I'm going to save us." Everyone looked at her with confused expressions before leaning in to listen. "Technically Jae came up with the plan but-"

"You spoke to Jae willingly?" Sam repeated her word in shock.

"Go die. Ok anyways the plan is we will help promote Day6 and they will help promote us. We go along with our friends and friends of friends to one of their gigs and they'll promote us there. More people will fall in love with the many charms of Day6 and eventually be lead to us!"

Kyulkyung scrunched her face. "Did you just say 'the many charms of Day6'?"

"Why can no one accept the fact I forgave them and their past years of constant annoyance for the better of our club? Get over it guys. The feud between me and Day6 was so two weeks ago."

"How about we throw a party and Day6 can perform there? That way a lot of people will want to go. My friends have a really nice house we can borrow to hold it at!" Jungkook suggested casually.

Everyone turned to look at Jungkook.

"When did the words that came out of your mouth suddenly become useful?" Yebin asked the question everyone seemed to have in their minds.

"Maybe it's the magic of puberty."

In the end it was agreed on to throw a party. That evening Day6 and the journalism club met up to discuss the details. The party was to be held at Jungkook's friend, Suga's house. Apparently his parents were filthy rich and leave him to himself all the time. Day6 would perform at the party and the journalism club would be listed as a 'sponsor' for the school wide party.

"Then that's that." Yebin finalized the meeting, looking around to check everyone's reaction.

Everyone huddled in a circle, reaching their arms to the center.

"One, two, three," they threw their arms up in the air as they cheered, "go team!"