Japanese Bathroom Game

Can You See In The Dark?

For rukia_uchiha

 

Japanese Bathroom Game

Players:

  • 1 principal.

Requirements:

  • 1 bathroom with a bathtub.

NOTE: A shower may NOT be substituted. You MUST use a bathtub.

Instructions:

The Prelude:

  1. Begin at night, just before you got to bed.
  2. Shed your clothing and enter the bathroom. Fill the bathtub with water and turn out the lights.
  3. Climb into the tub and sit down facing the faucet and taps. Close your eyes and begin washing your hair.
  4. As you wash your hair, repeat the words “Daruma-san fell down. Daruma-san fell down.” Do not stop repeating them until you have finished washing your hair. Do not open your eyes.
  5. If you have performed this action correctly, you will gain a mental image of a Japanese woman standing in a bathtub. She will slip and fall, landing face first on a rusty tap and gouging her right eye out.
  6. Should you hear any noise behind you or feel movement in the tub, do NOT turn around and do NOT open your eyes. Ask aloud, ‘Why did you fall in the bathtub?”
  7. Allow the question to hang in the air. Then, keeping your eyes shut, carefully stand up and get out of the tub. Do not trip and fall yourself, and do not drain the tub. Exit the bathroom, shutting the door behind you.
  8. You may now open your eyes. Leave the bathroom as you left it — water in the tub, door shut — until morning. Do not turn on any lights.
  9. Go to sleep.

The Main Event:

  1. Awaken at your usual time. The game begins the moment you open your eyes.
  2. Go about your day as normal. You will feel a constant presence behind you; it is likely that, should you turn to look, you will see nothing. However, glancing over your right shoulder may occasionally reveal a glimpse of her. Her hair will be black and tangled, and she will have only one eye.
  3. She will attempt to get closer and closer to you as the day goes on. Should you spot her and find that she is too close for comfort, shout “Tomare!” — that is, “Stop!” — and run away. The idea is to put some distance between you and her; do NOT allow her to catch you.

The Ending:

  1. Capture her in your gaze by looking over your right shoulder.
  2. Shout “Kitta!” — that is, “I cut you loose!” — while swinging your arm down in a chopping motion. If you have performed this action correctly, a winning condition will have been achieved and the game will be over.
  3. If you have NOT performed this action correctly… run.

Additional Notes:

She is fond of water and dark spaces; as such, it is recommended that you avoid immersing yourself in or crossing running water, as well as traversing dark spaces, until the conclusion of the game.

Use the “Tomare!” command sparingly. Each time you use it, the amount of time for which it will stall her will diminish. Use it only when absolutely necessary.

The ending MUST be performed before midnight. Failing to do so will grant her permission to enter your dreams. Do NOT allow her to do this. Additionally, performing the ending is not as easy as it seems. If she suspects you are about to try to end the game, she may hide. You MUST have her in your sights when you perform the “Kitta!” command.

Concerning Second Attempts:

It is NOT recommended that you play this game more than once. Should you play it a second time, she will begin in the same position she was in at the conclusion of the previous game. This will not provide adequate distance to escape her.

Do NOT let her catch you.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo's eyes snapped open, darkness greeting him as he took in his surroundings. Dread hung in the air, weighing the atmosphere down around him. The small boy rubbed his eyes but the same sight appeared when he opened them again.

  “Where am I?” the thought ran through his head as He slowly sat up and scanned the area around him.

People were wandering the dark place the only thing running through his mind was, who are these people? He was in what seemed like a empty street of lost souls. There was no light besides a few dim lampposts. Kyungsoo stood up, stumbling slightly and let his eyes drift. The only conclusion he could come up with was he is in the realm of lost souls.

“But why would I…..”

“Can you see in the dark?“ a voice asked, interrupting his question. His head snapped behind him where the voice seemed to have come from.

A woman with dark long ratty hair stood before him. One of her eyes messily gauged out as the other stayed wide open looking at the small doe boy. Kyungsoo stepped back his eyes wide from shock.

“Because I surely can see you. Little boy”

 

Everything came crashing down before his eyes snapped open this time a burning light hitting the sensitive muscle. He groaned and closed them tightly, his hands going to rub them slowly.

 

When he tried to move the first thing that hit him was pain. Shooting pains all over his sore body, especially his neck.

 

“Oh god Kyungsoo you’re awake!” Jongin said rushing to the small boys side. Frantically examining him.

“W-what happened” his voice was raspy and low, like he was yelling the day before.

 

“You passed out after the demon left your body”

Jongin’s fingers ran through his hair in a comforting manner. When kyungsoo's eyes finally got use to the bright light he noticed Jongin and his worried expression. He released a sigh and looked away with guilt.

“I'm fine I'm just sore and hungry. “ he said softly. He knew he had promised Jongin he would be fine but here he was hurt, sore, and bed ridden.

 

“I brought you some soup and rice. Eat slowly…. you’ve been out for two days” he mumbled. Kyungsoo almost choked at the information. “Two days?” he shook his head in disbelief. He couldn’t believe the toll the demon must have had on his soul in order for him to be passed out for two days. Spiritual healing was definitely needed he assumed. He slowly sat up regardless of the pain and leaned against the headboard. Jongin brought over the food on a tray and placed it on the boys lap. Weakly Kyungsoo started to eat. Sighing in content at the taste of food.

 

“We have a new case. But I’m not so sure I want you to take it.” Jongin mentioned softly looking away from the boy.


“give me the case file” Kyungsoo muttered bringing a spoon full of soup to his lips. Jongin stood up and went over to the file cabinet located in the doe eyed boys room. Taking out a case file and sitting back down next to him. He opened the folder and started to read the details of the case.

 

Case file # 350

 

Client name: Min Jun                                   Age: 15

 

Address: 5468 28st Seoul, Korea

 

Case: client played the Japanese bathroom game, resulting in the spirit of which the game summons to haunt him. Spirit is a constant threat and danger to client, seeing as the method of banishing the spirit does not work. The client is in a constant state of fear and cannot sleep for if he does the spirit will capture him. Ending the game.

 

Method of pay: Dead father’s necklace

 

Solution: banishing the spirit by capturing it and using a spell

 

 

 

         Kyungsoo nodded, listening carefully to the details of the case. He sighed as he finished the last of his soup, placing the bowl down carefully and picking up the second bowl filled with rice. He took some rice and ate it before placing that bowl down as well.

 

“Tell me more about this Japanese bathroom game” he said softly. Placing the tray next to him on the nightstand.

 

“well the game is to basically summon a women Durama. She gauged her eye out while washing her hair in the bathtub. So In order to summon her you have to go into the bathtub at night and basically mock her in my opinion. Then when done  go to sleep. This is when the game of tag basically starts. You have to run from her and don’t let her catch you. Ill give you the full rules and play out of the game” he said taking out a sheet from the file of the game. Kyungsoo scanned the paper with his eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Jongin I’ve seen her. She came to me when I was asleep.” Kyungsoo stated, pushing the blankets off his body to get out of bed.

 

“What do you mean? Hey hey slow down where are you going?” Jongin asked in a panic.

 

“Jongin she knows that our client came to us to get rid of her. When I was asleep I woke up in some dark realm of wandering souls. Her victims of those who caught! She was mocking me, basically telling me that she can see me and she knows that I’m going to try and get rid of her!” Kyungsoo stood up, ignoring the pain that shot through his body.

 

“We have to start this case now. Or else she’s going to claim another victim! And very soon. She’s sinister and wants to make others souls suffer like her own.” Kyungsoo walked to the bathroom. His face scrunched up from his thoughts.

 

“Call our client and tell him we are going over tonight. This needs to be done as soon as possible!” he closed the bathroom door with a deep sigh. He walked to the sink and gripped the edges. He closed his eyes and shook his head. Opening them slowly and looking into the mirror to be greeted with the sight of the woman behind him a smile plastered on her disgusting lips. Kyungsoo glared at the sight of the woman.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll regret ever mocking me. Durama”

 

 

10.30 pm 8/26/15

 

“I-I didn’t know she’d actually come I swear. I didn’t know…” Jun said softly. Heavy bags evident under his eyes from the lack of sleep, his pale gray looking skin showing the stress of the young boy.

 

Kyungsoo sighed softly; his eyes weren’t focused on the boy, but the woman behind him. Her sinister smile still lingering on her face.

 

“Jongin circle yourself and Jun in salt, do a cleansing of the boy while you’re at it” he stood up.

 

“Where is your bathroom?” Kyungsoo asked Jun. The boy hesitantly pointed to the door down the hall, His eyes shining with fear. Kyungsoo took one last deep breath before turning over to the two males.

 

“I’m going into the bathroom. Whatever you do don’t open the door, don’t leave the circle, don’t interrupt me. Understand?” he asked slowly glaring at them. Jongin and Jun nodded and Kyungsoo gave a dull smile.

 

“Good” he said before walking off to the bathroom. Once he entered it he filled the tub with water. His eyes scanning the bathroom, taking in the details. Once the bathtub was filled with water he shut the lights and entered the tub. He closed his eyes and sunk into the warm water, soaking his hair before apply conditioner. He slowly massaged the product into his hair.

 

“Durama- san fell down” he chanted. His eyes still closed, slowly he felt someone else enter the bathtub. His eyes opened and he looked up. The woman stood over him eerily, her fingers twitching. Kyungsoo looked at her with a harsh stare.

 

“Leave this boy alone. You are not wanted here Durama” he said sharply. The woman looked down at him her smile faltering.

 

“You are stupid. Falling down in a tub. Tch only idiots can achieve such a feat.” He mocked. Durama’s smile fully disappearing. Kyungsoo chuckled but suddenly felt fingers wrapped around his neck. He gasped for air and gripped the wrist, which were painfully gripping his throat.

 

Kyungsoo reached up and grabbed the woman by the hair with shaky hands. Tugging her face close to his. She screamed at him, the piercing noise can be heard through out the whole house. Kyungsoo looked her dead in her eye and smiled.

 

“Kitta” he managed to choke out, before forcefully tugging the woman’s hair back. Another piercing scream leaving her lips before she slowly started to fall apart. Disappearing into the water, turning it black. Kyungsoo gasped for air and coughed, his hands rubbing at his throat. On shaky legs he stood up and walked out the bathroom. Leaving a trail of black water behind him as his clothes dripped.

 

 

         “I have successfully banished her. You may rest in peace” Kyungsoo muttered. Fatigue slowly consuming him. Spiritually that had drained him.

 

Jongin stared at his neck, his eyes filled with worry as he examined the harsh deep purple hand marks around his neck.

 

“lets go home Jongin, our work here is done” he said. Jun looked at Kyungsoo with teary eye getting down on his knees before the smaller boy and releasing out a loud sob.

 

“Thank you! Thank you so much!”

 

Kyungsoo ignored the boy’s gratitude and left the house, Jongin carrying him home.

 

The moon shined upon the two as they walked. Kyungsoo looked up at the sky with a sigh.

 

“Stupid kids and their stupid games”

 

 

 

Case file #350- update

 

Demon was successfully banished from client.

 

-Insert copy of customer signature and contract here

 

- Insert copy of receipt here