The Closet Game

Can You See In The Dark?

The Closet Game-

  1. Begin at night.
  2. Darken the room: Turn out the lights of the room in which the closet is located and draw the curtains. If the closet also has a light, make sure it, too, is turned off.
  3. Make sure you have the match somewhere on your person.
  4. Open the closet, step inside, and close the door. There should be no light visible, either inside the closet or outside of it.
  5. Stand in the darkness for at least two minutes. Do not move. Do not speak.
  6. After the two minutes are up, hold the match out in front of you. Speak the words, “Show me the light or leave me in darkness.”
  7. Listen closely.
    • If you hear whispers in the darkness: 
      • Light the match immediately. Wait.
    • If you hear nothing:
      • Do not turn around. Wait.
  8. If you have made it this far unscathed, open the closet door, exit the closet, and close the door again. Do NOT look inside the closet.
  9. In fact, don’t look inside the closet ever again if you can help it — and especially not without all the lights on and burning brightly.

Additional Notes:

Some who have successfully completed the ritual say that strange things happen at night if you leave the closet door open. Again, it is NOT recommended that you look in the closet with the lights off… but if you do, you might see two points of light gleaming out of the darkness, glowing red like the tips of a pair of lit matches.

They might be eyes.

But they might not.

But they might.

If You Fail To Light The Match In Time:

Don’t fail. You don’t want to know what happens if you do.

 

 

 

 

 

“At night I hear crying from the closet. I hear whispering, sometimes the closet even shakes and you can hear banging through out the whole house.  Sometimes it gets so bad that I open it to look inside but there is nothing there……” The young teenage girl explained. She looked down at her hands, her fingers fiddling around with the hem of her skirt. The girl’s hair covering her soft delicate features that clearly showed distress. Kyungsoo leaned against the wall, a cigarette hanging from in between his lips. He took a long drag and sighed releasing the smoke.

“Tell me….did you read the rules of the game before you played?” he asked his thumb kicking the cigarette to remove the ashes. Before the girl could even speak Kyungsoo interrupted her.

“Are you stupid? It clearly says never to open that door. To avoid it at best.  Even then why would you play that game? Do you know how dangerous it is if you didn’t light the match on time? Tch” he shook his head taking another drag of his cigarette before letting it drop to the floor and stepping on it with his heel.

 

“T-The kids around school have been playing these games. Most of them ending badly I’ve heard. I also heard that you could help me….please help me. Tell me your price” she said softly her hands clasped together as she looked at the small boy with begging eyes.  Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and looked at her dully.

“Give me your ring.”

“W-what? My ring? My grandmother who passed had given me this…..I couldn’t.” she looked down with glossy eyes her hands trembling slightly as her fingers touched the ring.

“I can possibly die helping you. If I do help you I want something that will make it worth my time. “ he said plainly, he obviously didn’t care for her sentimental attachment with the ring. The girl hesitated for a while before slipping the ring off her thin finger and placing it in the center of kyungsoo’s palm. Kyungsoo smiled brightly and bowed.

“Thank you for doing business with me. Now tell me your name and address. I will be at you home tonight at 11.30pm” he stood up straight and closed his palm putting the ring in his bag. She looked at him with a confused scrunch to her face before shaking her head and releasing a quick sigh.

“My name is Kim Miu.  I live on 248st my house is number 23 and its yellow” Miu stated. Kyungsoo nodded and dismissed her rudely with the movement of his hand.

“Leave now our business is done. I am a very busy person”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo went straight home after his discussion, upon arrival a familiar face was seated on his steps. A eating grin spread across the handsome features.

“Hey boss heard we had another case” his assistant Kim Jongin stated. Hopping up on his two feet and walking along side the boy into the small house.  Kyungsoo hung his jacket up, ignoring the boy for a while as he stretched and rubbed his neck with a sigh.

“Get the computer to document the customers information. Print out two copies as usual and file them.” He walked to the kitchen. Taking out a pot from  the cabinet and filling it with water. He placed it on the stove and prepared tea as Jongin brought over the laptop. Sitting on the counter as Kyungsoo gave him the details.

 

 

Case File #349

Customer Name: Kim Miu          Age:16

Address:248st 23-00 Seoul Korea

 

Case: client played the closet game resulting in paranormal activity in the location in which the game took place. Client complains of entities in the closet, which disturbed the peace of the home by making noise, and residing in the closet.

 

Method of pay: Ring of dead grandmother.

 

Solution of solving the problem: communication with the spirit, possession, then cleansing.

 

 

Kyungsoo finished speaking the details as he poured them both a cup of tea ignoring the worried eyes the followed him around.

 

“Soo….this is dangerous. What if you cant control it and it takes over your body?’ Jongin asked the doe eyed boy as he printed the case file, along with the contract and receipt. Kyungsoo shook his head and sighed.

 

“I know how this game works Jongin. That spirit wont leave until I get it out of the closet. You are going to have to cast it away banish it from that household. You know it’s the only way” he sat down and sipped his tea. Jongin scrunched his eyebrows out but didn’t say another word. Drinking the tea as well.  Once the duo were done Kyungsoo stood up and cleaned the cups.

 

“lets do a cleansing before protection ritual okay? We have to be safe with this” he mentioned and Jongin nodded.

 

Kyungsoo walked to the bathroom and filled the tub with warm water. He took a salt rock and dumped it into the water watching it dissolve. He turned around to find Jongin already stripping his clothes. He quickly looked away his cheeks turning pink. Before he followed in suit of the elder. Removing his clothes and getting into the water. Salt water was a good cleanser to keep negative and evil spirits away from harming you. It was ritual to soak in it before chanting a spell. Jongin got into the tub as well and looked at Kyungsoo. He shook his head and chuckled.

“you are beautiful you know that?”

“shut up Jongin.” He mumbled tilting his head back. Sinking deeper into the water. After 30 minutes or so they got up and dried off. Before preparing for the night.

 

 

!!:30 pm august 9th 2016.

 

“welcome to my home” Miu stated as she let the two in. immediately Kyungsoo felt dread in his soul. He looked around the house noticing a dark black mist that lead out of the living room into the hallway and up the stairs. The stench of it was unspeakable. Kyungsoo shook his head and cleared his thoughts.

 

“Jongin present the contract and conditions quickly to the client and hand her the receipt before cleansing her and please do it well” he said softly before following the trail of black mist which lead to the upstairs hall closet. The closer he got the louder he heard the whispers of a man. He stood in front of the closet door. The door emitted a dark black fog. The scent so strong the is was almost overbearing. Kyungsoo knocked on the door.  He stood back and heard a loud knock in return of his.

“Hello~ is someone there?” a deep raspy voice chuckled. Kyungsoo squinted his eyes and didn’t answer. There was a loud bang and the door shook.

“DIDN’T YOUR MOTHER TEACH YOU ITS RUDE NOT TO ANSWER OTHERS QUESTIONS??” the voice yelled door handle rattling as the door shook.

 

But no one else could hear see or smell what Kyungsoo did. Kyungsoo stepped back once more and sighed.

 

“didn’t your mother teach you its rude to yell?” he asked. Before walking off to go downstairs.

 

“are you all set?” Kyungsoo asked and Jongin nodded. The group proceeded upstairs and stood in front of the door.

 

“make a circle of sea salt around you and whatever you do don’t get out of the circle.” He told the two. Jongin knew the drill already and quickly made the barrier of salt around him and Miu before looking at Kyungsoo for further instruction.

 

“I’m going into the closet. When I come out Jongin yell the ritual at me to cast the demon out. You know what to do” he looked at the tan boy.  Worried covered Jongin’s features. Kyungsoo leaned over and pecked his lips looking into his eyes.

“trust me”

 

He opened the closet door and coughed. The stench only getting stronger. He entered the closet and shut the door and stood there for a few seconds.

 

“can you see in the dark?” he heard a soft whisper near his ear.

 

“Leave this place and don’t return you are not wanted here” he said. Kyungsoo felt a hand wrap around his neck and he gasped.

“It is you who is not wanted here little boy!”

Kyungsoo placed his hand on top of the demons and mumbled quickly a spell that made the demon possess him. He opened his mouth and accepted all the black fog entering his body. The force of the fog pushing him back. He coughed and coughed. Blood spewing from his lips.

 

He clumsily opened the closet door and fell on the floor. His eyes black as the demon took over his body. He arched his back and screamed

 

“Let me out Let me out!” The demon yelled. Making Kyungsoo claw at his throat violently. His nails drawing blood on his delicate pale skin.

 

Miu screamed and hid behind Jongin who threw salt at kyungsoo’s body.

 

“ He who is possessing this vessel speak your name! speak your name demon!” Jongin yelled.  The demon turned over on his side coughing out more blood as kyungsoo’s bones cracked and his body shook.

 

“JOHN” the demon screamed.

 

“John! Leave this body! Leave this house. You are not welcomed in this world. For I banish you back to hell where you belong you demon!” Jongin yelled throwing more salt water at the demon. Kyungsoo’s skin burned and smoked formed where the water hit. Kyungsoo’s back arched and his mouth opened wide. A loud yell escaping his mouth as the lights and house flicker and shook. Kyungsoo’s eyes rolled behind his head and he passed out. His body making a soft thump as he hit the floor.

 

Jongin rushed over to the small boys body and rubbed sea salt water on his forehead to cleanse him.  His hands shaking slightly as he did so. He panted slightly and closed his eyes for a while.

 

“Have you learned your lesson Miu? Never play with the unknown for you would have been dead” Jongin stated and looked back at her. His eyes dull. Miu stepped back a few steps before dropping to her knees. Tears spilling from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

 

“I-I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” she sobbed out her fist clenched tightly.

 

Jongin picked up Kyungsoo and slowly walked down the hallway leaving Miu on the floor.

 

As he walked back to their house he looked at the knocked out boy and sighed.

 

 

Case file #349-Update

 

Demon was banished from household successfully.

 

-input copy of customer signature here along with contract

 

  • copy of recipe here

 

 

Case closed