CHAPTER F1VE;

In The Hope Of Forgetting
 

Inside of Cove Point Enterprise, a meeting was begin held by the head boards, along with Zhang Yixing. Knowingly as, the son of CEO of CP En. Since Father Zhang had to step down from his position due to a sudden illness; his second hand friend had stepped in and filled in the title...until then, Yixing is working closely to become the next runner up CEO. Therefore; that placed Yixing in the second highest position in the company; the President. Also known as Chief Operating Officer(COO).

As the meeting proceed to continue as an hour went by; Yixing sat in his chair sinking into his own little space. One of the head board repeatedly himself not once, but twice already, "President Zhang..Mr. President Zhang." He began to raise his voice a little louder when Yixing snapped out of his deep thoughts. His eyes wondered around the people sitting around him. All eyes were at him.

"I am deeply sorry..please continue.." He uttered while wiping the side of his mouth with his hand.            

 
Another ten minutes went by, the meeting was finally over. Heading back to his office, Ms. Kim greeted  her boss as she stood to bow to him. He didn't spare a look and walked straight into his quiet office.
 
He threw the binder of folders on his desk as he walked over to the other side of it, and lean forward---his hands supporting the upper arms grasping onto the desk. Massive beads of sweat formed as his face turned completely white as if he'd seen a ghost.
 
Yixing wasn't feel well since this morning, he did not stand a chance to miss work. This company was all he had---beside his father. His brown eyes looked over at the white envelope.
 
To: Zhang Yixing
Fr: Future Mrs. CHOI Mirae 
 

He remembered he had received this morning, but was too busy going over his power-point and paper-works. He barely had time to drink his herbal tea that morning, nor did he had a decent breakfast..all he had was an apple.

 
 

As expected, it was a wedding invitation from his ex-soon to be wife. The familiar growing pain resurfaced when the invitation slip from his fingertips. As it landed onto the cold, dark marble floor of his office; he turned around and made his way way out of the department. The poor wrinkled invitation laid on the floor lifelessly.       

The couple is hosting the wedding:

 

Ms. Park Lillian Mirae and
Mr. Choi Pace HyukJin

request the pleasure of your company
at the celebration of their union

October 29, 2017

5:00 pm-12:am

 

Imperial Palace Seoul

640 Eonju-ro, Nonhyeon 2(i)-dong

Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea

 

--Dinner and dancing to follow--

 

While he exited the elevator doors, in which led him to the basement parking-lot, his phone dinged..he had received a text. Approaching, his Blue Audi...Yixing took out his phone. His eye brows furred in surprised. He lightly removed his hand from the car door. 

'Meet me at our usual restaurant in ten minutes.'

Fr: Unknown Number

Without doubt, it was the one and only Lillian Mirae..the person who he refused to forget. As if he was hit by a blade of burning, hot fire; he took no time to think and got inside of his car and drove off.  

 

"Come on, you've known Yixing for almost two months..he seem to be like you, Ms. Sena." Her boss Chen expressed as he sat beside his wife while eating across from Sena. She gave in a sigh. If I met him already, does that count? She questioned herself. She lightly stirred her straw in gentle motions of her freshly made mint kiwi shake. "Even my wife sees it too." He as he stole a piece of steak out of her plate. She whined in protest. While she gave her husband a pout, he cutely placed a small peck on her cheek.

"Any guy out there, doesn't just open up to you, you know that right? Especially, when it's Zhang Yixing. Can you not play with your drink and eat your food. Whenever I see you, you remind me of this little kitten whose always starving.."   

Sena snickered. 

Chen took his last bite of his chicken and wiped his hands clean, "Well, you girls catch up. I need to go back to the company and finish up some paperwork." He announced as he pushed his chair back and stood up to put on his blazer. He bid his wife bye with a quick kiss on the head.

Sena felt small...even her boss and his wife's affectation gives her butterflies and chills crawling at the back of her neck making her hair stand on her skin. Although, Mrs. Kim(Leena) was a bit older, she was like a friendly sister to Sena. They had gotten along just as fine.

 

The waiter who waited on Sena and Leena often wondered back and forth to their table, wanting them to get up and leave because they were chit-chatting and has been sitting there for half an hour.

Leena could careless..in fact, she ignored that annoying waiter that watched them from afar.

She continued her studies on the awfully quiet lady whose been listening to her rant, "Yixing and Chen has known each other since their high school days, oh boy! They were so inseparable until college hit them hard." She chuckled. "Well, I was the one who came in between them..not that Yixing mind, you know."

Sena just chuckled in her seat, "You know, there's been a lot of rumors going on with our CEO's soon to be wife. Who is she?"

"Ahh, you mean Lillian aka Mirae?" She lowered her voice as she scoot close towards Sena and whispered into her ear. After explaining who was and etc, Sena just nodded her head and began to to think hard once their conversation was over.

It was nearly 7pm in the late afternoon, when Sena walked out of the Innisfree cosmetic store, she had some stocking up to do since she was in Hongdae Area. When passing by a fancy restaurant as she was headed to catch a bus nearby. She witnessed a couple low-key arguing. Putting her hand in her pocket, Sena remembered that Chen had asked her to give Yixing back his USB drive he had left at his place. The smeared happy smile faded as she saw who he was occupied with..and by the fact, that man seemed to be Yixing and Mirae.       

Through the glass walls, the rather tall and slim lady who was holding onto the cup of water in her hands slowly raised her cup up and poured the icy water at the man standing before her. Sena's heart clenched when she saw that her heart was secretly pounding out for Yixing. Of course, she didn't hear anything until he dragged her out of the restaurant and to a small dark alley.

In time, she had left despite the busy streets filled with people..she had no time to miss her bus. 

"What I gave you wasn't enough?" Yixing exploded as he snatched her arm and forced her body to lean onto his. The woman standing in front him, so beautiful and breath taking..he never regret loving her, not even once. "What does that old man have that I don't have?! I unconditionally gave you the best I had..why did you bother sending that stupid wedding invitation!"

Mirae bit down her quivering plum colored lips. The man who she stopped loving, his familiar scent slowly breaking her inside.

"Do you feel this?" He questioned her placing her small hand onto the shirt of his heart.

Yanking her hand away, she pushed him away until his back landed onto the hard red brick..wiping her tears away, she quietly sobbed.

"Your time. You never speared me any of your time to see me, nor you took your time to comfort me! Ask me if I was alright! Did you eat, did you get home safely. Never! When we were together, you always had the last words to say. You were constantly picking fights..you were so damn selfish, Zhang Yixing!"

She continued to yell when Yixing stood there taking in whatever he could, Lillian was right. He was one damn selfish guy. His hands clutched into a ball whereas his knuckles began to turn white.

 

"You really want to know the real reason why I left you?!" She began to pressed his button to another level. By the looks, he was going to yet again explode. "I'm asking you, do you want to know the real reason! You're so full of , you know that! I bet you never knew the real reason..you---"

"Shut it, Lillian! That's fuxkin' enough! Enough!!" It wasn't the first time she'd seen him so fierce..his inner demon was coming off too childish. They had received a couple stares from passing strangers as they continued to argue some more in the hidden alley. Their meet-up didn't go as plan..instead their night did not just end with a half- making up steamy make-out.

 

Sena had finally reached home, supposedly her aunt had left back to the country side for some time away. She lazily threw the bags of grocery in the fridge  without taking the plastic bags out. Plopping on her bed, she took a deep breath and snuggled her pillow. Staring at the ceiling, her small palm itself on her rapidly beating heart..and the first person who appeared in her thoughts was Yixing.

Maybe it isn't too late..

 

Who are you to think such a thing! It's near impossible! Slapping her cheeks lightly, to wake up from her nonsense thoughts, she scold herself for reading into something that is not real. But by the blush of her redden cheeks; she pulls away from the bed and heads in the bathroom to take a hot, steamy bath.

 

Yixing removed himself and rolled over next to Lillian, just after he had hit his high..their , sweaty bodies was the prove of their one night session. It was nearly 4 in the morning..the smell of filled the room in which appeared to change Yixing mood.

He turned away, removing himself from the bed..slipped off his into the nearby garbage bin, and walked inside of the bathroom. They had rented a nearby hotel for two hours..but soon that two hours was up. Lillian peeled off the thin bed sheet away from her body and placed her old clothes back on. By the time Yixing had came out of the shower, she had already left. It had seem that his old habits were coming back to him?

Looking outside of the hotel window, he stared at her once more before she out of sight for good. For the sake of the two of them.  

 

Sena had rushed out of the house by 6am to catch the earliest bus. She did not need to run an errand, but instead she appeared herself at the door of Yixing. She turned back to ring the doorbell, but the sight of his door was opened in a small crack..but the trace of Chen's voice lured her footsteps back to the Yixing's front door.

"So you're saying you slept with her? Lillian? Yixing, are you get out your mind! If anyone sees you with her, it'll be the end of you! You think thing you're doing is called fun?"

"We slept only once, for god's sake."

"Look Yixing..look at yourself...I know it must have been hard for you, but you can't linger onto someone who has moved on! Are you planning to her some more behind her husband's back too? As a friend, I'm just looking out for you, okay. Do you not remember when ----" Chen took by surprised when Yixing had cut him off. He threw his hands up in defense.."All I am saying is, you just need to watch your back.."

*soft thud*

Their heads turned to the front door, finding Sena standing there dumb-folded..tugging onto her purse strap as if her life depended on it.
Chen walked over to Sena and greeted her heart charmingly, "I was going to call you to meet us tonight for dinner here--since Yixing was being a little girl about it to ask you."

"Do you mind joining us tonight, Miss Sena?" Yixing stood from his chair in his black silky rob in which revealed his bare hairless, white milky skin. Sena's cheeks began to feel so hot. Keeping her eyes down, she fiddled with her fingers. She remained silent..not sure how or what to say.

"See you guys then.." Chen showed himself out and shut the door.

The moment of silent in between Yixing and Sena seemed so rare, but homely. "You will join us, will you..Sena."

The back of her head lift up as Yixing placed his hand at the back of her neck making her head force up..she never knew how affected his touches are until now. As if her body was on fire, the stream of blood began to rush to her ears, face, and chest..she took a huge gulp of her own saliva.

Unknowingly, nodded her head yes...but she couldn't help it, but stare into Yixing's twinkling eyes. This wasn't the first time she'd come in contact with Yixing, yet she felt as if it were her first. No matter how much I want to push you away, I seem to always come back to you. If there was someone to blame, it must be the heavens.

 

For dinner, they had ordered some Thai food and of course, chicken and beer on the side for later. In the course of finishing their dinner, the guys had gone out to the balcony to take a breather, whereas the ladies cleaned up the table and cleaned the kitchen without any sayings.

Chen and Yixing were standing out in the balcony having a can of beer in their hands and stared out the bust city streets in the chilly weather, not that they mind. His friend sensed Yixing's distraction when he turned around catching Yixing looking at the opposite direction.

He just chuckled and continued to drink his second can of beer, "Unless you're over Mirae, I'd suggest you look somewhere else. I don't think you have the right to break another living soul if you're going to use them." (referring to Sena) Behind those hidden memories, he had already did..did he feel pain? No, because he doesn't have any memories of it. If he had a chance to prevent, would he? Probably...maybe most definitely!

 

Through, the separated glass double door in between Yixing and Sena; somehow somewhere in his heart, the more he stares at her, the more he wants her. Lust or not~ With one arm resting against the rail, Yixing peacefully stared hard through that glass door. A little did she knew, he has been eyeing her since the moment she came into his life. Scared he might lose her within a blink of an eye; he refused to look elsewhere. 

"I think that's it.." Leena groaned as she loaded the last of the dishes into the dishwasher..as where Sena whose beside her cleaning the sink and washing her hands. Leena walked into the living room first and sat. Sena was right, they all are like the lost and found missing siblings. Chen and his wife are more like his brother and sister, family is the correct word to it. Still standing at the kitchen, she could sense Yixing's eyes on her, in a matter of fact; he was caught red handed! Mastering all of her courage, she decided to now glance over at the guy who still have a massive effect on her..just like that; the hair at the back of her neck stood.

How handsome he looked just standing there, just eye ing her through that screen door! The way he dressed his hair up..the side of his head cut, shaved clean. That v line face structure that almost caused her to trip on her own two feet; in her eyes he was more than perfect. Oh, and that black dress shirt..took the air out of her; the butterflies in her stomach was becoming too strong to ignore..but deep down she wasn't sure if she could really back down on Yixing.

That stare, that goddess like handsome face had taken her back 3 years...the first encounter the 25 year old, most wanted Chinese Bachelor in Seoul. In the back of her mind the happy and hurt memories soon flooded in..making her feel vulnerable at worse. Peeling her eyes away from Yixing's glance, she rushed out of his apartment. During these two months of getting to know Yixing was probably the biggest mistakes she has yet to make!   

As if she were begin chased by some bad psychopath killer, Sena wished she can turn back time. The hot tears willing fall without any hesitation creating hard to hold back her pitiful tears..despite the chilly breeze that swayed against her peachy face Sena was grateful her tears kept her face from freezing. Right when her legs decided to give up on her, she went flying forward pretty hard. Like a clumsy toddler whose learning how to walk, she stumbled again as she got on her feet. This time, she felt real pain when scrapping both of her knees.

Hearing her name being called out from afar, the voice was no doubtfully Yixing's...the harder she tried to get up, she failed every-time. Wincing out loud in pain, she cried. The footsteps were approaching louder and closer by every second, she shut her eyes tight praying that the person can be anyone but Yixing.

The heavy breathing man lean forward to the injured woman, and saw that the one side of her cheek was lightly scrapped. He looked down at her knees a quiet amount of blood began pouring.."I'm fine." Sena whispered holding in the aching pain.

Without saying anything, Yixing slid his arm under her legs and one under her upper body and carried her in a bridal style. "Put me down Zhang Yixing. Where are you taking me!" She squealed to break free in his arms. "I swear..if y---"

"Then what?" Yixing stopped his tracks and stared at Sena whose face was wet from crying. "That's what I thought. You say another word, I won't let you go home." He teased. 

"OH MY, what happened!" Leena exclaimed as soon Yixing returned back to his home with Sena in his arms. One side of her pants was stained with blood.

"She fell on a glass of bottle..while catching the bus.." Yixing murmured. He grabbed his set of keys from the glass bowl from the island, "I'm taking her to the hospital. See you guys if I don't come home by then.." Leena just nodded and watched the pair go out the door.

 

"Yah. Wake up, it's getting late." Leena gently nudged for her husband to wake up. "Urugh, why can't you be romantic as your friend!" She whined carrying her drunk husband out of the apartment.  

 

After Sena received some stitches from the hospital, Yixing drove the two of them home.  She sat quietly by his side in the car..only the low volume music can be heard. Neither of them spoke a word until Yixing missed the exit to Sena's home.

"Hey, you missed the exit to my house. What are you doing!"

"Why would I let a woman who can barely walk stay home alone?" What?! OMG! How does he know! NO.

"Your aunt kindly asked me to watch over you while she's gone for the weekend."

Crossing her arms on her chest, she pouted..she was upset the fact that her aunt had asked Yixing to babysit her! How dare you---

"I hope you get caught for being under the influence.." She mouthed. "I---" She gasped loudly as Yixing turned to the side of the road and pressed hard on the breaks causing their heads to jerk forward.  

He took off his belt, and turned to her and snatched her jaw, "That mouth of yours need to watch it before you regret it." He growled. Was that a threat?! "Don't think I am not capable of hurting you, because I will." He barked..his intense stare had taken the poor, helplessly scared going to cry woman.

"You wouldn't dare!" She talked back not knowing what he had in mind. A little did she knew, the consequences didn't strike her until it really happened.

Before she knew it, he pressed his lips rough against hers..holding her head still, he continued to torture her with his mouth. The whimpering and moans he could careless because he was enjoying doing so, and the struggle of her trying to move away; he plastered a small smile on his face.

 "Do I make myself clear?" He whispered looking down at her redden, almost bruised lips. Before she could take a hit, he caught her wrist and smirked, "Do it, and see what happens next..you're one feisty woman aren't you."

Sena removed her hand away, and turned away with her back facing her driver.

Sena panicked as she saw they were getting closer to Yixing's apartment. Once the car stopped, she broke herself free from the seat-belt, and ran out of the car. With her limping leg, she couldn't run. Meanwhile, Yixing shut off the engine and walked towards the limping Sena and yanked her over his well built, broad shoulders, just like how he would put a potato bag over his shoulder.

Yixing's heart leaped as he saw how she hard struggled to break-free, "I'm sorry, you can't leave my side just yet." Entering his bedroom, he gently placed her down on his mattress. He ran over to his closet drawer and took out some clothes and placed it on her lap. "If you try to escape again, I'll be sure you'll be sorry for your actions, you hear me?"

Looking down at her feet that's dangling from the bed, annoyingly she rolled her eyes. He had left the room as he gave her space to get changed. He stood by the door in case she tries to escape. After struggling to peel off her pants, in which Yixing can hear her.

"You know there is such thing as 'asking for help." He tells her. 

"I don't need your help, get lost!"

When he heard her thud onto the wooden floor, he barged in and went to her in aid. As her pants hanged just below her pelvis he threw her a pair if scissors, "You've got no common sense, I see.."

After successfully taking off her pants, she went in the bathroom for a quick shower...then climbed onto the bed. Yixing had set himself comfortable getting ready for bed on his couch..he decided to check up on her and found her sound asleep..he chuckled when he found her sleeping with agape. "Goodnight, Ms. Sena..I hope you'd stopping running away from me." Yixing cooed planting a soft peck on her forehead. The next morning, Sena found herself being tied by the bed as the handcuffed wrapped around her small wrist, not only on hers, but one another person's. His hand hanging from the bed as he was dead asleep.

 

And the scene of the kiss of last night, continued to pop up as she tried her hardest to fall back to sleep..indeed, it was a restless morning.