CHAPTER THREE;

In The Hope Of Forgetting
 
'Congratulations, you've been selected to work at our Accounting Department. We'd like for you to come in tomorrow at 8am.'
 
 

Thankfully, I landed an assistant position at Oceania Silverview Co. in the accounting department. If it wasn't for my previous job, I don't think I'd be this lucky. I almost thought I didn't make it through the past interview. I was supposedly to get another interview, but then they decided not to. I seriously thought I did fail another attempt when applying for a job. 

 
Please, let me have at least an okay day today!! I begged as if I see a bad coming my way. Brushing my hair away from my face, I hurried to the main enterance, then to the front desk to fetch my I.D card. I kindly thanked the man behind the counter and passed on a warm smile before taking off to the elevators. 
 

The elevator came to an stop, as the humming sound silenced. I entered, still with my head leaning downwards. Both my hands gripped onto my ID card. I was seriously thankful and happy. Overjoyed, to be exact. Stepping out of the ladies restroom, I readjusted my pencil skirt, along sweeping away any crease that was visible. I was awfully nervous by just standing at the door of the accounting department. 

 
"Ah, you've made it! Come in! Come in!" I was happily greeted by my manager, Kim Jongdae. He pushed up his glasses that was slipping down his nose bridge. He his heels, I followed closely by as he guided me to my personal desk. 
 
"The others won't be in until in another ten minutes. It's going to be a busy day for you, I hope you're prepared?" He teased. Earning another smile from me. "Take it easy." He uttered. 
 
I thanked him, as he walked away into a connected small room: his own private office. The department room was spacious. While my desk was hidden at a corner, the rest of the other desks were all connected together in the middle of the room. Looking out the large open windows, the sun was slowly coming out. 
 
For the past hour or so, I've been answering phone calls, and jotting down notes as needed. Printing and filing papers was next. Finally, but not least, organizing papers and folders. I wasn't going to make if I don't get a cup of coffee! I am so exhausted! It was soon to be lunch. 
 
Returning back to the office to get my ID and wallet, my phone ringed. Unknown caller. It said in all caps across my iPhone screen. Hm. 
 
"Hello." I answered. 
 
"How's your day going? Have you eat? Did I call you at a bad time? How are you holding up, Sena." I let out a loud long sigh as I took a seat in my chair. It was a relief to hear her voice. 
 
"One question at a time." I chuckled in between smiles. "You were right, I should have not wore these stupid 3 inch heels! I feel as if my feet are going to fall off anytime. I cannot complain. I'm fine." 
 

Hearing her mellow voice, I can easily fall asleep right now. As I continued to listen to her, my stomach loudly growled. I quickly exchanged a few words here and there then finally get to have some lunch. The cafeteria was awfully busy. There were barely tables open. I hurried towards the shorter line to get my food. 

"Miss, hurry! You're holding up the line!" I heard a man yelling as I glanced over my shoulder. Oh no! crap! I just noticed I don't have any cash on me. I placed my wallet back in my purse, and left the cafeteria and walked over a block to fetch some street foods.
 
While munching on my fishcake, I turned over to my left and saw a little girl with her mother, she complained about wanting more sweet rice cakes. She looked over and hid her face in her mother's chest. I smiled as I waved my hand at her. I dug into my purse and took out a strawberry lollipop..the little girl rushed over to my side and Thanked me as she popped it into . Returning back to the company, as I strolled across the main lobby, both male and female employees gathered around whispering.
 
"What's going on here?" I walked over to a mid-age woman, and stuck my ear in. You haven't heard? Our CEO is soon to be married yet again. To someone more younger. If you're asking me, she's one gold digger. I heard she used to date the our former CEO. Another girl jumped in to our conversation, They were supposed to get married, but he had gotten into a car accident which caused him to go into a coma..he almost didn't get his position back by the time he had woken up. She completely left him. By the way, I wondered if it was true, he had no memories. 
 
The third woman sneared, "I heard he really did loved her. It's a shame, she left him. They even anncouned their engagement to the press! People says, he lost it all. Such a pity!" 
 
"Enough people! Let's get back to work!" Boss Kim shooed us away back to our office. Everyone went back to work and continued to whatever they were doing. 
 
"See you tomorrow, Sena! You did a wonderful job today!" He kindly praised me for almost overworking me. I chuckled. "Oh, I almost forgot! Here's the key..for this department. You might need it." 
 
I bid my boss goodnight as he left the room. I decided to stay behind and finish some paperwork. 
 
 

8:39pm. 

 
Stretching my arms and legs in my arm chair, I, again yawned for the hundredth time. I had completely finished my work for the night. Starring out of the window, it was a clear night. The crescent white moon was faded within the open sky. 
 

"Good night, Miss." The security guard greeted me as I walked out of the company. I passed him a smile and did the same. "Would you like me to get you cab?" He offered. I was deep down grateful, but politely declined his friendly gesture.

 

Just like that, he left. When she got inside of the apartment, she saw a bunch of white tulips siting on the counter of the kitchen. Her pale fingers traced gently on the petals, "Lovely aren't they? Yixing dropped it by this morning. A house warming gift." 
 
She took her hand away, and looked away. Oh god! Yixing, you're making this harder than it is..for the love of god, please help me
 
"A note came with it. It must be for you.." My aunt handed me the pink envelope. I grabbed it and snatched my purse and took off into my room.
 
 
How's your new job coming along? I hope you're enjoying it. There's a little gift for the apartment.

-Sincerely, ZYX (Zhang Yixing)


Sena read silently as she sat at the edge of the bed. 
 
 

Before she knew  it, the neatly handwritten note was tossed in the trash.
 

☀

☀

☀



 
The flashbacks of yesterday evening replayed at the out of Yixing's heavy, aching head. 
 

There is no reason for the both of us to see one another. I'd like if we stayed out of each others lives. We don't own one another, Mr. Zhang Yixing. 

 
Before Sena stepped out of Yixing's white Audi, she took out his business card that she had kept since her stay in hospital. The incident when he had saved her from loansharks. He gradually took it back. His eyes glued at her small figure getting up from her seat. 
 
"What if I don't want to stay away from you?" He questions Sena. "Why do I feel like I have some sort of connection with you."
 
Pushing her annoyance to the side, she got up from the car and twirled around facing the guy who she once had a one stand with. Grazing at him, she gives in her cold vibe. 
 
"Maybe you're just getting me mixed up with some other girls you've met before me. Like I said before, I've never met you before. Whatever is bothering you, I hope you find it before you let it past you." She stated with one go breath. Unaware that Yixing had no memories of the past..she didn't know what to say. 
 

 
 
 
"I'm surprised you're at work today. It's the first since I had seen you work on your birthday." Xiumin entered into Yixing's private office with a cup of his boss's black coffee in his hand. 
 
"The more I'm at home, the crazier I'll get. No Thanks." He places the silver pendant with beads of diamond dust rose back inside of the drawer. Adjusting his tie, he takes a sip of his coffee, eyeing the newspapers laying untouched on his desk. The woman on the cover still looks beautiful as still. He rolls his heavy eyes and throws the newpapers in the trash. The heartache resurfaced just like it was a few months back. Clutching onto the sleeves of his dress shirt on his chest, Xiumin came at his aid.

 
"I think I should I drop you off home. Did you take your meds?"
 
"I'm fine. I promise. I'll be okay." Yixing pushes his assistant's hands away and strolled out of the office.


--


 
As planned, the guys went out to celebrate Yixing's 28th birthday at EXO Soul Nighclub for the night. 

 
Sena marched through the sea of people on the dance floor, holding onto her phone tightly; she followed her drunken boss, Kim Jongdae and his wife. Whereas, Yixing hovered her small body for support. Once they all reach out of the club, Sena waited for Mrs. Kim's arrival to pick Sena and Yixing at the curb. Despite it of being alone with him, Sena felt awfully uncomfortable. A gust of wind blew harshly at the two people siting at the curb. The man moved closer to the woman for more warmth, and kept his head resting at her tiny shoulder.
 
Looking over at her shoulder, she questioned herself, "Why is it that I'm always meeting you, Zhang Yixing..it doesn't make sense at all."


 
Finally, the car arrived..Mrs. Kim hurriedly over to Sena and Yixing and helped her to get him inside at the back of the seat.
"Oh, Sena. I'm sorry I had to drag you over here without noticed." She announced while keeping her eyes on the road. "It's been awhile since the guys went out and had their fun. I hope you dont mind taking Yixing up to his penthouse?"
 
Sinking in her seat, Sena gasped wanting to say no, but she will awfully feel bad in the next minute.
"I don't mind." She says pushing Yixing's head away from her aching body.

 
Greeting her Boss's wife goodnight, a security guard came to help and led them up to Yixing's penthouse. Standing in the middle of the living room, dropped opened in awe. Everything in the penthouse looks like it came out of the collections of dream come true edition of homes in magazines. Oh, the groaning man in her arms snapped her back into reality. Pushing down onto the mistress of his king size bed, she carefully took off his dress shoes and undid his messy adjusted tie. In a swift second, she found herself being thrown down beside him. His long, flexed arms hovered her tiny figure. Trapped beneath his wings, she struggled to break free.
 
"Yixing. Please, let me go." She pleaded in a low voice. His legs creeping over hers, she sighed and decided to give in. There was no way to escape! With her back facing his, he snuggled even closer and rest his forehead at the back of her head. How the hot breath danced against her cold skin--the series of their one night stand surfaced at the back of her mind. For a moment, when she realized she had found the man she want looking for; the lump in began to form...the salty, hot tears streamed down her redden cheeks and onto the soft white pillows. 
 
"Mirae.." The name of his former lover's name slipped out quietly from his lips. It wasn't what Sena wanted to hear. Believe it or not, she wished it hers.



 
 

I had found you, Zhang Yixing...but it's now too late.