CHAPTER TWO;

In The Hope Of Forgetting

 
"Ah, welcome back. Miss.."
 
Sena gently opened her eyes very slowly, adjusting to the brightness in front her eyes. The middle age nurse lightly pushed the patient back onto the bed, saw that she was unaware of her surroundings.
 
"Why am I here?! I ha----"
 
"No, miss. There's been an accident. You're injured..please calm down!" The clipboard dropped from her hands, and landed on the floor.

 
Meanwhile, struggling to break free from the nurse's firm grasp, darkness soon washed over her as her panic attack came to a halt.  

 
Returning back to the woman's recovery room, Yixing had been notified that the patient was fast asleep after acknowledging her consciousness. Quietly, he entered the room and found her asleep just like what the nurse had told him. The poor woman had on an oxygen mask, small cuts and bruises covered her beautiful pale face.
 
Taking a seat beside her, he reached over to the bundle of pink tulip flowers he had sent her just awhile ago. He placed his business card by the vase.

 
Why does your name sound so familiar? Hong Sera..

 

....

 
"Mr. Zhang Yixing saved you from those bad men. Luckily, he pulled you out of the that warehouse that got on fire..those men didn't make it out alive." I heard my aunt rambling at me. While I just sat there and nervously fiddled with my hands. My hands came to a sudden stop, "He's been paying your hospital bills..honey, you were out for almost three days!"
 
She continued, "He should have the right to know about your mi---"
 
"NO. Never will he find out." I half yelled. She watched as my eye moistened..the tears forming within my aching, exhausting living soul.  

 
"I'm sorry." Her arms wrapped around my body and squeezed me lightly...she then my lighten golden/orange hair, smoothly..."With your step mother gone, you and I...there are only the two of us only. No one else. I cannot lose you too. Please..please don't leave my side." She wept as she buried her face into my shoulders. I can only use so much of my energy holding onto her and finally cried until my heart's content.
 
The following morning, I was soon discharged. Yixing never came back. Gathering my clothes and shoes altogether in a small bag..my attention saw the flowers that's been siting there to die. My fingers ran through the half dead tulips..one by one they fell...and crisped of it just made my heartache. I slightly jumped as my head jerked up and looked at the entrance of the recovery room. It was just a small little three year old toddler. A smile grew on my face when he decided to smile as well.
 
Soon, his mother ran to him and dragged his little hand with her, she kindly excused herself and left the room.

 
Aunty snatched the bag away from my hands as we walked out of the hospital, "It's not like I'm going to break my arms..it's my stuff anyways." I argued back as I snatched back my things. We entered the cab, and left for home.

 
Over the last two days, we had spent our entire time packing, leaving for Seoul..for good. I guess.
 
One the third day, everything was out of the house...it was soon hitting the afternoon. "Give me a minute to say one more goodbye, before we leave." I walked out of the house, leaving aunty alone for a few minutes. I dug my phone from my light jacket, and checked the time once more. It another two hours until our bus leaves to Seoul. By the lighting of the sun hitting my face, it reflected my face onto the glass screen of my phone. The cuts and bruises were now invisible. Leaving every pieces and memories of this small town, wasn't so easy. I nearly slept throughout these three days, I wasn't ready to leave everything I once had behind.
 
I didn't look back as we got inside of the cab, I just comforted the ugly weeping lady beside me...my aunt. She was a mess...of course, I didn't want to show my tears in front her. I didn't want to see the tears that I've been holding in. My fists clenched tightly, as the lump in my throat began to hurt...I was not ready to do just yet.
 
I thanked the can driver and hand him his tip, everything was delivered to our new home in Seoul. We had  nothing to carry, but our purses. A few people here and there waited along with us for the arrival of the bus. I refused to sit on the open sit on the bench, instead I argued with my aunt--the reasons why she should definitely take the seat. She then took the spot, as I stood beside her. Looking towards the other side of the street, a teenage biker was going around with a bucket of bundles of flowers..for sell.
 
"I won't take long I promise." I gave Aunt a small squeeze on the shoulder, and ran across the street to the boy selling flowers.

 
"One bundle please..." The teenage boy gave me a huge grin when I told him I wanted two instead of one bundle. "Keep the change.." I took off running with the flowers in my arms.

 
My hands gently swiped away the dead leafs and grass away from the tombstone, 'Kim Junmyeon' it read..I had just visited step mother and left a bundle of flowers. I laid the flowers beside his, and ran my hand over his picture. His beautiful smile--so handsome and so precious.
 
'I'm leaving today. I wanted to see you before I leave, but I will do my best to visit you often.'
 
A series of the most happiest moments ran through my mind, burying my hands in my face...I finally broke down. Letting every little tear drop that I've been holding in for so long. I never want to leave, but it's something I gotta do. You will understand, will you? Junmyeon, would definitely answer 'yes'.

 
I nearly missed the bus when I arrived back to the waiting area, I got scold until we reached to the train station. As the train departed, I quickly fell into a deep and relaxing slumber as I rested my head back...I was indeed exhausted.
 
It had taken us almost three hours to reach to our destine station, then another two hours to reach our Seoul home. It was one heck of a tiring day. In our tiny two bedroom middle class apartment everything was furnished and put in place. It wasn't the best, but it's all I ever wanted. Dinner approached, I had put out the bowls and plates out along with the rice. While Aunty was done cooking and set the table with delicious foods. We decided to go for Korean BBQ for the night. The small living room smelt of mouth watering savoring pork belly.
 
"Oh--are we expecting someone for dinner?" I half hearty joked and ran to fetch the door.
 
The much taller, and handsome man stood before me, my eyes darted at the sight of his appealing appearance.
"What brings you here, Mr. Zhang?" I questioned him in a stern voice.
 
"Sera. I invited him over for dinner! Let the poor fella in, will you."
 
  
I moved aside and let him through our front door, I closed the door behind me and walked away into my room. I completely lost my appetite. Screw this--!

....

 
"Excuse my niece for rude intrusion. She's having a difficult time adjusting--to this new place." SeokAe apologized on Sera's behalf. Settling down the plate of freshly rinsed green grapes, and finely cut red apples. Have some, she insisted. Yixing digs in and lighten up conversations with the elderly woman.

 
Warm laughter and joyfulness fills the air--for what's been like years since Sera and her Aunty had a visitor over. Whereas, Sera is in the room, shielding her poor heart for what may bring. At a place like this, we wondered all night why things are the way they turned out to be. She had heard Yixing leave their apartment, then drifted off to sleep once again.