CHAPTER F0UR;

In The Hope Of Forgetting
 

It has been three days since that night, she didn't know what she was feeling inside..taking out her phone Sena had repeatedly checked if there was a call or text from Zhang Yixing. Sighing once again, she tossed her phone onto her desk and ran her slim fingers through her soft silky, brown locks.
 

Why in the world would Yixing get back to her? For what reasons?! Sena, you're thinking too much! Insane! Insane for real! She scolded herself.
 
She was thankful that she was almost done with her shift. Today was a rather slow than fast paced like the other few days. All she thought of besides Yixing was sleep. Yes! Catching up on her sleep was very much needed. Another ten minutes went by, Sena had gathered her stuff and head out of the office and made her way down to the lobby to go home.
 
Bothered by Yixing not getting back to her, she decided to shut off her phone and proceed to catch a cab..
 
"Lotto Pub. Please, sir."
 
With that, the driver had driven her to her destination which was ten minutes away. When she entered the pub where she supposed to meet a birthday gathering for one of the new journalist in the editing department. It was just a group of women. Unknowingly, a strange man that sat the bar keep his distances but had his eyes on her. He lowered his white cap and ordered some whiskey.
 
The pub was a calm one with some jazz music, it was a cool atmosphere. It was fairly busy for a Monday.
 
Sena joined the other women as they sang happy birthday and collected slices of an strawberry spongecake. Meanwhile, the lady beside Sena who invited her to this place, decided that the rest of the girls should take at least five rounds of shots before going home. In which was her treat. Everyone cheered in glee whereas, Sena just sat there with her head hang low.
 
Drinking on a Monday night, she really did want to.
 
"Come on! You work your off in that office..you deserve to have a great time!" The first woman argued to get Sena to stay for a bit more.
 
"Sena, you've got to stay and drink with us...it's my birthday." The birthday girl begged with her dolly big eyes. She frowned. "Besides, you can't leave until you share a shot with me, okay!"
 
Well since, she came...maybe it wouldn't hurt to have some? Sena agreed to stay behind.
 
An hour passed, she was knocked out for how long has it been..on the red leather couch another girl was knocked beside her hugging Sena's arms for comfort. Holy crap, I need to get home! She startled as she gathered her stuff and stood up.
 
Sena had too much to drink, she barely made it to the women's bathroom..turning back on her phone she placed it inside back in her pocket. When she walked back to the lounge, everyone had left. She groaned loudly as she was pushed back. A pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist.
 
The bulky smelly guy sneered as he caught her in his arms...no, more like threw himself on her. She struggled to breakfree..the man sobered man chuckled. He liked seeing Sena struggling..it was such a turn on. "Why don't we go play for a bit. What do you say?" He whispered into her ear.
 
When he finally let go of her, he snatched her wrist and dragged her towards the exit of the pub. Sena was barely walking...one side of her flats were missing without her knowing. Before she knew it, she out falling onto the floor. For a split second, a series of people screaming, loud thuds clouded her mind. Someone, please save me...she begged. 
 
That man who sitting at the bar with a white cap and the man who had saved her happen to be the same man, Zhang Yixing.    
 
After he had knocked the life out of the man who planed to harm Sena, he rushed over to the passed out woman. He snatched his white cap and placed it back on his head. He had paid the great amount of damaged he created just seconds ago, but the owner refused to accept his offer..
 
A pair of strong and warm arms lifted Sena from the floor and walked with her out of the pub. Sena groaned by lost contact of the warmth as Yixing placed her at the back of his sports car and drove off. 

 
"Why don't you stay for dinner, Mr. Zhang? For the behalf of taking care of my Sena..and for taking her home." Sena's Aunt suggested. Yixing couldn't just decline her offer, because he was starving as well! Before she walked away, she handed him a towel to pat himself dry from the pouring rain when he carried Sena into the apartment, and a hot cup of Jasmine tea. 
 
While she cooked in the kitchen, Yixing nosily walked around the tight space living room and glanced at photo frames that were hung on the walls and etc. He came upon a photo of Sena and a slightly older woman.
 
"Oh--that's Sena and her late mother. They look just alike dont they?" Yixing just chuckled as he observed and focused on Sena's glowing smile. Sena's Aunt had just finished setting up the table for them to eat, Yixing went over and sat across from the elderly lady.
 
Yixing starving stomach growled louder by the delicious, mouthwatering smell of fresh cooked meal. As they picked up their chopsticks and starts eating, Yixing was surprised by the elderly woman's action. She picked up a big chunk of fish meat and placed it on his spoon. She handed him a bowl of boiled fish with veggies. He nearly spaced out for a moment when he eyed the fish soup.
 
The angst flashback began to ache his heart. Certainly, he was doing his best to hold back his tears. 
 
"Mr. Zhang are you alright?" She questioned him in a worriedly tone. Meeting her in the eyes, Yixing softly nodded his head. He continued to eat.   
 
"When I was small, my mother would always cook this fish soup dish whenever I craved for it..that's all of what I have left of her." He uttered with his head down, then putting a big spoon of rice into his mouth.

 
"Whenever you want to eat it, I'll have Sena bring it to you..sounds good?" She chuckled while pushing the dishes towards him. "Eat up..dear. There's plenty!" She then filled her stomach as well. After the rain had calm down, Yixing decided to leave for the night.  

 ---

 
"Hey! Darlin' wake up for god's sake!" Sena's Aunt barged into her room at 8am in the morning and yanked Sena's blanket off, and shook her. "Get up! I say!!!"
 
"What is it, Aunty?" Sena groaned lowly, scratching her head in a groggy voice..her eyes were half closed. "Why are you so loud in the morning."
 
Her aunty took a seat beside Sena and whispered into her ears, Zhang Yixing is outside waiting for you..he said he'll take you to work."
 
OMG! WHAT?! NO!!!
 
Jumping out of the bed, Sena ran to her bedroom window and looked out..Yixing was really down there.
 
"No, Aunty you m---"
 
"Girl, you better get ready! This guy out there is waiting for you. Hurry!" Without knowing Sena was pushed inside of the bathroom. "Don't make him wait long! Or else, you'll pay for it!" Sena sneered at the door, more at her Aunty whose probably still by the bathroom door.
 
No more than fifteen minutes, Sena was getting ready to leave but then her Aunty stopped her again.
 
Trying to keep her straight face, Sena turned around and smiled as if she isn't annoyed by her aunty's pestering all morning. "Don't forget to bring this!!" Sena had no chance but to carry out a stainless steel container lunch box. "This isn't for you! It's for Yixing..!"
 
"WHAT?! Where's mine! No fair.." Sena whined as she her heels. Walking up to Yixing, the cold air caused her hair to fly in every direction. She wasn't sure if it was the wind itself, or the chills thats running down her spine; but Yixing surely looked handsome in just in his black coat and with his hair up.
 
She reached out the lunchbox that was filled with delicious food in front of Yixing..."My aunty made this for you..she sai---" Suddenly, Yixing yanked her by the wrist and pulled her close to his face. A sudden smile ran across his face, how his dimples showed whenever he smiled. Her cheeks flushed in a pink undertone.
 
"Why do you look so cute when you're upset?" Yixing fixed his eyes into hers..for sure her eyes twinkled. Their height differences, Yixing didn't mind it at all. In fact, he like girls who were shorter than him. "You know I was in the house when you woke up. What a tantrum you have."
 
"What?" She was out of it..she was lost in his eyes. Yixing smiled again, by the tighness of her small hand tugging onto the sleeve of his coat.
 
He reached his hand up to her face, and plucked out a piece of rice of her hair, "You seriously want to walk around with a piece of rice in your hair?" He uttered as she felt his hot breath touching her cold face. He then lightly pinched her tiny rosy nose. In surprised, Sena swore she had stopped breathing for a second.


 
Yixing released her wrist, and walked over to the passenger-side and opened the door, "We'll never make it work if you stand there all day."