PROLOGUE

In The Hope Of Forgetting

💠💠💠

I was desperate, deep down to my bones to find this man, but when I found him, he didn't want anything to do with me.
 


"I'm sorry, ma'am. Mr. Zhang is no---" 

 
The front receptionist stated as she still had the phone on her ear. This was the tenth time. He was not available! I look like complete mess. It has been almost over two weeks since I had came back looking for the guy. It felt like a slap in the face. My hands tightly holding onto the strap of my purse, knuckles turned completely white. I was upset! Pissed off even. Pushing a strand of hair away from my face and behind my left ear, I dug inside of my purse, searching for that piece of paper that was left behind on the night stand the morning after. I slipped the written check of five thousand worth of dollars towards the lady on the counter desk. I had left a number on the sticky note just in case he changed his mind, and wanted to see me. I highly doubted it---I remember retrieving back to my apartment the following morning after, that China masculine, dimple faced guy was all over the newspapers! The guy that I happened to sleep with was a rich man? 
 
That in which explains his cocky attitude! 

I took a deep breath, thanking the young lady with a small smile before turning away. Of course, why would he want to see me again? After having a one night stand with a worthless woman like myself. Hot tears running down my pink cheeks, I could no longer hold in the tears from falling.
If there comes a time where he decided to come and find me, please don't let him find me.

 
My body slouched forward down onto the bathroom sink, rinsing my mouth and with a pat of a dry towel. My hands slowly made its way to my face as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My face had became a lot paler and thinner, the black bags under my eyes was more visible than ever. I looked like a sick person. I barely ate anything in the passed few days. Just the thought of him, made me feel weaker than before. I cannot torture myself like this any longer. Changes was have to be done somehow.

 
The following month of August, I had called up my mother to let her know I was moving back to the countryside with her. She was delighted. Happy even. Though, the life in the city, in which I thought I had it coming, was a downfall. I was extremely thrilled to move back to my hometown. If anything, I wont be returning back to the city...for whatever reason there might be, the city life isn't for me. I've been there for too long and I needed a change of scenery. 
 
And the little boy whom I grew up with since the elementary days had finally slipped his way into my mind. And now, he have captured my heart. Kim Junmyeon. The man who promised to love me forever. The man who is the man of his words. The man who I count my happiness on. 
 
Recreating my life in the country side, won't be so bad after-all, what could possibly go wrong...
 
 Until, A little over a week, I had found out I was expecting. I pregnant with that bastard's baby. Zhang Yixing's child. 
 
 
Two years into the dating stage, Junmyeon had surprisingly given me a promise ring on our anniversary day. I could not been happier! Feeling as if my life was almost complete, he was all I wanted and wished for. 
 
Kim Junmyeon and I had no secrets hidden. As he accepted me for who I was, I did the same for him. The past is the past. The present is ours to make up for the past mistakes we've done and gone through. I think the relationship that Junmyeon and I could not compared to anything else or to anyone. As if we are destined to be together, all I'm asking for is have a complete, long life with him. 
 
Is that too much to ask for? 
 
 

-----
 

Zhang Construction Enterprise, SK.
 
•One Unread Text Messege•

Fr: Father Zhang
82-73-xxxx
 
      Don't be late for tonight's dinner.  
 
 
Pssh. Yixing annoyingly threw his smartphone on the surface of the office desk. The now messy desk was no longer neat. Piles of paperwork and a two folders lying everywhere on the desk, he removed himself of his comfy leather office chair. Once he got up, he caused the chair to roll over and fall onto the ground. 
 
He was angry. Upset at the old man who he call Father. The image of his fathers face made his blood boiled more. Retrieving his smartphone he phoned his driver/assistant, Kim Minseok. 
 
Minseok murmured something on the other line which cause his boss to shout through the phone. 
 
"If I hear one word, you're fired. Now! Car!!!" 
 
Everyone, but most of his co-workers and employees always questions him how does he do it with Mr. Zhang Yixing. He's so ill-mannered and uptight! Who in their right minds would want to work with that kind of boss? 
 
Working with Zhang Yixing wasn't so difficult. Minseok was really the only person who have all the patience in the world with Yixing. He was the only one who could stand his horrible yet sensitive, soft hearted boss. Nevertheless, Yixing and Minseok were close buddies during their college years in which that really explains their relationship towards one another. 
 
Wasting no time to get the car ready, Minseok drove out of the garage underground parking lot. The tires squeaked lightly as he came to a complete halt in front of the entrance of the building.
 
"Your father is waiting for you upstairs in his study room." Yixing was warmly greeted by his father's butler Jang 
 
One of the maid had taken his jacket up and hanged it on the coat rack by the house door. He thanked her as he walked away, and up the staircase. 
 
The elderly man, Butler Jang lightly shook his head in disappointment. This boy is up to no good. 
 
Mr. Zhang slowly opened his eyes as his mind lost in peace was being interrupted. The study room's double door went flying open. He turned around death glaring at his drunken son to greet him 'hello'. 
 
Yixing was not only late to dinner with the Oh Family to discuss about his rearranged married with their only daughter; who he's seen one time, but the Oh Family had officially called off the wedding. 
 
"Wipe off that smirk off your face! You should be ashamed of yourself! Look at yourself! How dare you!" 
 
Yixing showed up at his father's home with his white dress shirt halfway . 
A punch of guilt held Mr. Zhang back, allowing himself to lower his hand that he slapped his son across the face with. Taking a step back, Mr. Zhang circled back to his chair by the window and tried to hold in the pain rising up from his chest. 
 
"I am not going to let you run my life. You will not choose how I live nor say who I will love and marry! I'd be a failure, like you, who drove your wife and son to die just because you couldn't have it your way!" Breathlessly, Yixing raised his tone of voice once more as he continued, "Because of your stubbornness and selfishness, we could have been a complete, loving family. If mom didn't killed herself, and brother didn't run away from home to get killed; you know how happy we would be right now?! Understand that, you ruined everything. Everything Father! And for your sake, I resign my position as GM. You minus will kill me off too while I'm here. Live a miserable life while you're at it." 
 
With that Yixing stormed out of his father's mansion, along with the set of car keys that he had snatched from Minseok.

Away Yixing drove off in the pouring rain, he had stopped in the middle of the road after only minutes.

Exiting out of the car, he recklessly crossed over the now wet, slippery road drenched in rain. A meter away from his reach, the faint, muffled sounds of a truck honking moved his attention to a mother and a little boy walking under a white umbrella holding hands just a two feet away. In the hope of living his past life to where when his mother was still alive, there no doubt he wouldn't trade anything in this world just to have his mother back.

 Trying to reach out to the already gone mother and her child, no matter how much he screamed. He couldn't hear himself. For a split second, visions of black and white flashbacks filled his mind not being aware of his surroundings. 
 
Before shutting his heavy lids, lying on the side in the middle of the road, Yixing only remembers a set of bright headlights flashing as darkness took over.
💠