Chapter 1

When the Heart Sings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 

“Byul-Yi, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you...”        But you already did...

“It's all my fault... I should’ve fought for you”          But you didn't...

“Don't go! Please... Don't leave me...”             But it's too late now...

“I love you...”            I know--- But I guess, I just loved you more...

 


Those were the painful memories that I've been trying to forget but it seemed like those memories were just as stubborn as my feelings...

I just couldn't get rid of them so easily, instead, they just keep on coming back...

 

I looked out of my window as a heavy sigh escaped my lips.

 

“U-Uhm... Excuse me Ms. Moon, Is everything alright?” said the stewardess that was apparently asking me what kind of drink I would like, but I was just so deep in my thoughts that I completely ignored her for about a minute or so.

 

“Huh-- Ah yeah... I'm sorry, just give me tea, please. Any kind will do.” I said as I awkwardly smiled at her.

 

“Yes, of course, Ms. Moon. Here you go! It's a lavender tea.” she said as she smiled and carefully handed me the steaming hot cup of tea.

 

“Thank you! And by the way, I'm really sorry for earlier. I didn't mean to ignore you I was just- Uhm... tired.” I said as I came up with the best “overuse” excuse I could ever think of.

 

“It's okay Ms. Moon. I understand... No one is really a fan of a very long-hour flight even I as a stewardess but don't tell anyone okay! hahaha! And don't worry we will be landing soon so just be patient and hang in there Ms. Moon. And by the way, that tea is perfect for you, it can help you calm down & relax. I hope you'll enjoy it! Fighting Ms. Moon!!!” she said as cheerful as possible before leaving me and start attending to the other passengers.

 

I smiled as I somehow felt alleviate from all the things that were bothering me since I left LA. All thanks to that nice & friendly stewardess.

 

I carefully lifted the cup up to my lips and slowly took a sip of my hot tea. The sweet aroma of lavender fills my senses as I turned my head to look at the window beside me again.

 

“This is just the start MOON BYUL-YI!!! Fighting!!!” I cheered on my mind as I started to mentally prepare myself for whatever awaits me in Korea.

 

*****

 

The plane landed and almost every passenger stood up and started getting their carry-on bags inside the overhead bins. One by one I could see how the people started to disappear through the exit as I hesitantly followed the flow.

 

Once I got out of the plane, I started to roam around inside the airport trying to look for someone that they said will pick me up and orient me about my stay here but so far, I haven't seen anyone. I tried looking for anyone who's holding a placard with my name on it but there's none. Not to mention that I don't really have a clue of what he/ she would look like.

 

“Well, great! This is just great!” I said sarcastically as I continue my search.

 

As I kept on looking around, I'm beginning to question my decision to return here to this country. Why did I even bother accepting an offer to write songs for a new singer that I haven't even heard before? All that I could remember when they begged me to sign the contract was that, she's really famous here and she's one of the fast-rising and outstanding singers nowadays and that I won't regret signing with her. But I really have no idea of who she was. I haven't really had the time to search her up since the Korean company that I worked for in LA instantly book me a flight here while I was still in the middle of finishing my other compositions for the other artists I worked for, so I was just really busy.

 

“AIGOO~~” I sighed frustratedly...

And just right after my very loud sigh, I heard someone's voice called my name.

 

“Welcome to Korea Ms. Moon Byul-yi or should say, Ms. Moonstar!!!” A sudden deep voice startled me from behind and out of nowhere a middle-aged man in a black suit came up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter