I Don't Know You

Summer Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's Wednesday, which means it would be the first day for Ten to attend the summer program in the new college. Setting all the bad things and thoughts from the day behind him, he throws a white graphic t-shirt, a black skinny pants, and a nice shoes and snapback to finish it up. He knows Johnny should be going to college too today but he doesn't bother asking about the other guy's schedule. 

Ten figures out he probably should give Johnny some time. He grabs his bag, earphone, and phone before heading out of his room. 

8:20AM. 

His first class is at 9 and it would take roughly 15 minutes from the house to campus by bus so he still gets some time to eat a simple breakfast. 

Mrs. Seo is not in the kitchen so he's expecting her to be either in her room or outside, probably for some grocery shopping since she doesn't work anymore. 

That morning, he heads out to campus after eating some instant food he could find in the fridge. He walks without many thought, his earphone plugged in and some slow pop songs playing out of it. 

If his friends saw him, they would be weirded out. First of all, Ten hates walking alone. Second of all, he don't usually has a straight face for that long. And currently, he's doing both of them. 

Ten stopped at the bus stop and checks the schedule to make sure he doesn't miss the bus but the bus comes right away and without second thought, he get on it and pays the fare before looking for a sit. 

He didn't expect to see Johnny inside the bus, sitting on the left side, looking out of the window as the bus drove away. His instincts tell him to greet the guy but he ignores it and seat 2 seats in front of him, not even bothering to look at him anymore. But he's somehow anxious. 

Johnny knows. He was pretending to look away but he notices the straight and statued expression on the shorter boy's eyes. It's probably the first time he's ever seen that boy like that. Is it because of him? 

But his pride tells him to just sit there and act like he doesn't recognize that the boy is sitting just 2 seats in front of him in the bus. 

On the other hand, Ten wonders how is it possible that Johnny abroads the bus not from the same bus stop as him? 

 

Setting his coincidental meeting with Johnny in the bus this morning, Ten becomes bright again once he sets his feet on campus. He attended his first class at nine which was statistics and met two amazing friends; Ayano and Hyunjoong. 

Ayano's a small Japanese girl who's also taking summer classes in the college for this summer which is her second summer. Meanwhile Hyunjoong is a Korean-American guy who's spent 2 semesters in the college and is currently taking his summer semester. They ended up sitting down to eat lunch together in the cafetaria. 

"So, anything you recommend?" Ayano asks Hyunjoong as she's looking at the broad variety of food lists written on the board above the counter. 

"The chicken teriyaki is so nice. I mean, it's a common food but you guys have to try this one because it's just exceptional," he recommends and with that, the 3 of them bring their chicken teriyaki over to a table and sit down. 

"Do you guys have any other class after this?" Hyunjoong asks. 

"Uh-huh. I have a business class at twelve," Ten mumbles while chewing on his food. He gets 2 hour before his next class. 

"I have another one at four so i'm planning to head home first after the meal and come back later," Ayano adds in. 

"Lucky me i'm done for the day," Hyunjoong adds before continue eating. 

He doesn't eat for long before he stops again and waves his hand. "Bro!" he calls loudly. 

"Aye, man! Whats up?" 

The voice is too familiar for Ten not to turn his head around. Seo Johnny is walking towards them with another guy walking beside him. It seems like Johnny hasn't realize Ten's presence yet. 

"Dude, I didn't know you're taking the summer semester. I thought you went back to Korea?" Johnny asks. From the tone of his voice, Ten's sure Johnny hasn't realize that Ten's sitting there so he just looks down and continue eating while Ayano looks profoundly at Johnny. 

"I did. Got back here already around a week ago. I had to bring my sister over to California though, that's why I hasn't been able to catch up. Anyways, join us!" 

"Yeah, sure dude. You got yourselves some new friends?" 

Ten stiffens at the mention of new friends because now it means, Johnny's scanning both him and Ayano. He doesn't dare to lift his head up even a bit. 

Hyunjoong nods. "This is Ayano from Japan and this is Ten from Thailand". 

Screw him. Ten seriously hopes he can get out of the situation but now that Hyunjoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter