Chicago!

Summer Fling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten is super lost. He stands in the middle of the large airport corridor, looking around, trying to look for a sign with his name written on it. Not knowing what to do, he stands there for a complete 3 minutes before he saw a couple, probably in their late 40s holding a white paper with his name on it, written in messy Thai writings. 

Feeling excited, he walks over quickly to them and greets them. "Hello, are you Mr. and Mrs. Seo? I'm Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul from Thailand," he says, smiling. 

"Oh!" the women exclaims. She greets him with a big hug and the man smiles widely at him. "I'm Mrs. Seo and this is my husband. You'll be living with us for the few weeks you're here. Welcome to the United States and especially, Chicago! You'll love it here".

 

After getting into the car, they start talking while driving back home.

"So, what brings you here to the United States?" Mrs. Seo asks. 

"There's a program from my college to come and study here for summer and as I've never been to the United States before, I'm curious about what it's like to live here so I decided to go!" he explains while still looking out of the car's window once in a while, feeling excited to finally be in the States. 

"Fantastic!" Mrs. Seo exclaims. 

"How old are you?" Mr. Seo suddenly asks. 

"Oh, i'm 20 years old. It's my second year in college," Ten says. "So you're one year younger than my son..." 

That wasn't a question but Ten says, "Oh, yes. Johnny! I've read about him through the files that my college sent me". 

"That's good. He's a nice kid so I believe you'll get along pretty well with him."

And with that, Ten just can't wait to meet Johnny. 

 

Having stereotypes, Ten never expected Johnny to be a clean freak. 

"Can you please do not enter my room with your shoes on? That's digusting," Johnny snaps.

Ten turns toward Johnny who's standing beside the bedroom door with no expression on. "Oh, i'm sorry!" Ten quickly says and jumps out of the room, taking off his shoes and placing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter