Because

Because You Live [Hiatus]

Oh Hayoung had been called into the head nurse's office. 

"Hayoung-ssi, from now on, your only responsibility is the patient in Room 5," the head nurse informed her. 

"But... what about my patients?" Hayoung protested.

She had grown rather fond of the cranky old lady in Room 7, the enthusiastic old man in Room 8, and the old lady in Room 9 who wouldn't stop singing Big Bang songs.

"I will figure it out," the head nurse snapped, dismissing her.

"O-okay..." Hayoung slinked away to escape the head nurse's wrath.

She was in no position to argue. She hadn't even worked here for a year. 

She trudged towards Room 5, wondering just who was so important that she had to be that room's personal nurse. 

She knocked on the door and cracked it open timidly.

A deep voice croaked, "Come in." 

"Hi," she started, bowing deeply. "I'm Oh Hayoung, I'll be your new nurse from now on." 

"I know," the voice said.

Hayoung looked up in confusion. Her eyes widened as she took the patient in. 

He was so young.

He looked like he was in his late twenties. 

His face was gaunt and pale, but it didn't hide the fact that he was incredibly handsome.

He was smiling. At her.

"Why do you look so surprised? I asked for you specifically," he said simply.

Hayoung just stared at him, not knowing what to say. 

"Oh I almost forgot to introduce myself. I'm... dying!" he joked, laughing.

Hayoung frowned. She was put off by how matter-of-fact he was.

"Hey... don't do that... It was a joke... my name's Oh Sehun," he said quickly, trying to reassure her. 

He flashed her a smile.

When Hayoung finally found her voice, she asked quietly, "Can I... can I ask you something?" 

"Anything," he replied. 

"W-why..." she trailed off.

"Why what?" 

"W-why... why me?" 

"Why did I ask for you?" Sehun smiled.

"Yeah," she replied, biting her lip and looking at the ground. 

"Come here," he ordered, patting the empty spot on his bed.

Hayoung obeyed him, sitting on the edge of the bed before looking to him and waiting for him to continue. 

"Because..." he started, before dissolving into a coughing fit.

Concerned, Hayoung grabbed tissues and held them over his mouth to catch the blood.

When he stopped coughing, she dabbed the remaining blood off his mouth.

Sehun grabbed her wrist, gently pulling it down.

"Because..." he began again, still holding onto her wrist. 

He leaned closer to her, so their faces were inches away.

Hayoung wanted to pull away, but her body wasn't cooperating.

"Because you're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on."