Dying

Because You Live [Hiatus]

Oh Sehun was dying.

In fact, he had been dying for the past four years.

It was random, really.

22 year old Sehun had been coughing and wheezing for weeks due to what he thought was a cold.

When he coughed up blood, he finally went to his doctor to check it out, expecting them to tell him he had bronchitis or something.

He didn't expect them to show him the golf ball sized tumor in his right lung.

He didn't expect a diagnosis of early stage 3 lung cancer.

He didn't expect them to tell him that his lung cancer was already in its late stages, that they could only manage it, not get rid of it.

He thought it was all a joke. 

That wasn't his chest x-ray, he was being pranked, it wasn't real.

He was only 22 years old. 

It wasn't fair.

He had never even smoked a cigarette in his life!

Sehun had spent the first three years going back and forth between denial and anger, wondering why it had to be him. 

He had never committed a crime—unless you count jaywalking—he gave to the poor, he paid his bills on time, he even volunteered at the local senior home!

He had just started his new job. He had his whole life ahead of him.

He beat himself up over his disease, wondering if he had just moved away from that one time, or went to his annual doctor's appointments like he should have, would he not be in this state?

The doctors were optimistic. "With treatment you still have a couple of years to do everything you want to do!"

Great. That didn't change the fact that he was DYING.

The medicine and the chemotherapy he had to go through was hell to him. There were many times he wished death would just take him.

He tried to move on with his life, trying to live it like a normal person, going to work every day, spending time with friends, but he became too sick to continue.

A year ago, he had finally began to accept that he was dying.

A week ago, he coughed up blood. That was normal to him.

He didn't think much about it.

The next thing he knew, he was waking up in the hospital.

He was told that he had collapsed.

They had run some tests and found that his cancer had progressed, treatment was no longer working, he didn't have much time left.

They put him in hospice care.

He was just supposed to stay here, in this bed, for the rest of his life, just waiting to die.

Oh Sehun was dying.

But he was strangely okay with it.

Especially because of her

Star-DividerP.png

A/N: Hi I'm back~ 

Sorry it took so long. I had parts of this story written, but no title... so I couldn't release it till now. :(

I also lost motivation for this story so I'm hoping releasing it will help me out with that! /wink winkpls comment

I apologize in advance for any mistakes I may make writing about lung cancer. I'm just relying on google so feel free to correct me if you know something I don't. :x