Chapter 8

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
After cooking breakfast/lunch for the guys, I told them that I wanted to go visit Bommie.  They offered to accompany me since I didn’t know my way around this neighborhood but I told them Donghae showed me around so I was fine.  After fifteen minutes, I arrived at Bommie’s place.  I rang the doorbell and her mom opened the door.
 
“Haein ah!!” She pulled me into a hug. “It’s been a while since I’ve last seen you! How are you dear? Did you eat yet? Is that woman treating you better!?”
 
“De. I’m good. How are you ahjumma?” I hugged her back.
 
“Ahjumma? I’m not an ahjumma! Just call me umma.” She smiled at me. “Come on in. Bommie’s in her room. I’ll get you something to drink.”
 
“De. Thank you umma.” I smiled at her.  I walked to Bom’s room and knocked on the door.
 
“De? Come in.” I heard Bom’s voice from the other side.
 
“Hey. You’re actually not sleeping!” I .
 
“Haein ah!!!!!” She ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. “Where were you last night?! Do you know how worried I was!!!”
 
“I’m sorry. A lot happened last night. I came here to tell you everything.” I grinned at her.  I ended up telling her everything and she was freaking out.
 
“OH MY GOD. YOU’RE FINALLY FREE FROM THAT HAG?! I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! WAIT. You’re living with that guy who saved you?!!? Why?!”
 
“I didn’t have anywhere to stay and he offered his place.”
 
“You can stay with me! My parents practically loves you!” Bom tried to reason with me.
 
“It’s fine. I don’t want to burden you guys. Don’t worry I’ll be fine I promise you.”
 
“Remember that you’re always welcome here okay?”
 
“I know.”
 
“Let’s hang out today since we don’t have work today!”
 
“Okay. What do you want to do?”
 
“I want to go to the mall!”
 
“Again?! We were just there.”
 
“So?” She gave me a look. “Let’s go.” she pouted.
 
“Fine.”
 
We headed to the mall and spent hours in there.  I don’t know how Bom does it…. I’m already tired within the first hour.  So far, Bom is going on a shopping spree… she bought five pairs of shoes, three bags, and she bought four different outfits. Sigh. Can we go now Bommie? I wanted to ask her that.  We ended up spending another two hours in the mall.  Afterwards, Bommie invited me over for dinner so I accepted.  By the time we were done with dinner and cleaning up, it was already ten pm.  I decided to go home now.
 
I entered the apartment and saw no one in the living room.  Maybe they’re all sleeping already.  I entered Donghae’s bedroom and he wasn’t there.  I decided to go check the other rooms to see if the guys were home.  None of them were home.  Weird.  Where’d they go?
 
Donghae’s POV
 
After I was finished showering, I headed towards the kitchen and saw the guys eating.  I didn’t see Haein though.
 
“Where’s Haein?” I asked them.
 
“She said she was going to her friend’s for a bit.” Taemin told me.
 
“Hyung sit down and eat. Noona made you one too.” Minho said. I sat down between Eunhyuk and Taemin and ate the food Haein prepared for us.  The food was really good. She’s a good cook… Maybe we could get use to having real food instead of eating noodles or just snacks to fill us up.  After we were done eating, the guys cleaned up while I was sitting on the couch watching TV.
 
“Hyung, are we doing anything today?” Taemin asked me.
 
“Nope. Why?”
 
“Just wondering. No jobs tonight right?”
 
“Not tonight.  No gangs has started any with us so there’s no need.”
 
I watched TV with the guys for a few hours until I got sleepy and decided to go take a nap.  After two hours, I woke up from my nap and saw that it was ten pm already.  I went outside to see what the boys were doing and they were still watching TV.  I looked around to see if Haein was home yet.
 
“Is Haein home yet?”
 
“Not yet hyung.” Why isn’t she home yet? It’s getting late and it’s dangerous for a girl like her to be out still.
 
“Hyung. What’s wrong?”  
 
“We should go look for her. It’s dangerous for a girl to be out at this time. Let’s split up.” I told them.  Minho, Eunhyuk and I went one way while the other two went another way.  We decided to go through the park since the last two times I found her there.  After thirty minutes of searching for her, there was no sign of where she is.  What if something happened to her? Maybe… No. They can’t. They don’t even know about her.
 
“Hyung maybe she’s home already.” Minho told me.
 
“Yeah Hae, let’s just go back and see if she’s home.” Eunhyuk told me. “Minho call the others and tell them to meet us home.”
 
“De hyung.”
 
We all hurried back to the apartment to see if she was there or not. I don’t know why I’m so worried about her. She’s just a nobody to me…. I heard my phone ringing.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Oppa? Where are you? Let’s hang out today.”
 
“I can’t. I’m busy. I’ll talk to you later.”
 
“But Oppa you promised! Why do you keep on blowing me off?”
 
“I SAID I WAS BUSY. LEAVE ME ALONE!” I yelled at Sunye and hung up on her.  The guys all looked shocked.
 
“Hae. Calm down. Haein will be fine.” Siwon tried calming me down.  We finally arrived at the apartment and saw Haein standing in the living room.
 
“Where-” She was about to talk but I cut her off.
 
“WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!? SHOULDN’T YOU KNOW BY NOW THAT IT’S DANGEROUS FOR A GIRL TO BE OUT THIS LATE?! WHY THE ARE YOU SO STUPID?! IT’S ONLY YOUR FIRST DAY HERE AND YOU’RE ALREADY CAUSING PROBLEMS!? DID YOUR MOM DROP YOU ON THE HEAD WHEN YOU WERE A BABY?!” I exploded.  I don’t know why but I was angry… no I was furious.
 
“Hyung calm down!!” Minho ran over to me and tried to pull me away.
 
“NO. SHE SHOULD USE HER ING BRAINS FOR ONCE. I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY I ING BROUGHT HER HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I DON’T EVEN KNOW HER! GOD, SHE ALWAYS CAUSES TROUBLE FOR US.”
 
“YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAVED ME! DID I EVEN ASK YOU TO SAVE ME?! NO! YOU DID IT ON YOUR FREE WILL! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT ME HERE SO WHY ARE YOU GETTING ANGRY! I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO BUT YOU REFUSED TO LISTEN TO ME. AND NOW YOU’RE GETTING MAD AT ME! I’M NOT STUPID AND DON’T YOU DARE BRING MY MOM INTO THIS.  SHE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING TO YOU SO WHY DON’T YOU JUST SHUT UP! PLUS, SINCE I’M A NOBODY TO YOU… WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU CARE WHERE I WENT OR WHEN I COME HOME! IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.” She yelled back at me.  I can see tears falling from her eyes.
 
“Get out of my ing room.” I told her coldly.
 
“Don’t worry. I’ll get out of your precious room. I’ll make it even better for you… I’ll leave. I thought for a moment that you were actually a nice person but I was wrong.  You’re still a jackass who thinks he‘s better than everyone else.  I hope you rot in hell.” She walked into my room and packed all her belongings.  After she was done, she bowed to the guys and left.  I don’t even know why I blew up at her.  Whatever. I don’t even care anymore. She can do whatever she wants.  She’s right… she is a nobody to me.  I saw the guy staring at me.
 
“What?” I asked them.
 
“What the hell was that about hyung?” Minho asked me.
 
“What are you talking about?” 
 
“Why’d you blow up on noona like that?! She didn’t even do anything.  She did tell us that she was with her friend.  You were overreacting hyung and you said a lot of mean things.” Minho told me.
 
“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes at them.
 
“He’s right Hae.  I don’t know why you blew up on her like that.  It’s not fair for her.” Eunhyuk added.
 
“Whatever. Are you guys all going to side with her now? Say one more thing and I’ll kick you out of here. Got it?”  The guys didn’t say anything.  I walked to my room and slammed the door.  I lied in my bed and thought about what just happened.  It’s better this way Lee Haein if you don’t get involved with us.