Kim Jaejoong: Forgotten Season FINALE

On One Fine Day

When Jaejoong had gone to take the bill, Joon asked Jae Kyung, “So what did you think of the performance?”

  She merely sighed and said, “Boring to be honest.”

  “Boring?” I scoffed. I was stunned at her answer. How could she say, that a man she rarely knew just sang a beautiful ballad like no other for her as a request thinking it was her birthday whereas it was not! I couldn’t take it anymore. “Even you can’t sing that good; let alone sing!!” I blurted and probably received a death glare from everyone at the table – except Hong Ki of course.

  Jae Kyung laughed at my statement and said, “Oh really?”        

  “For your information, Jae Kyung is a trainee at Pledis Entertainment.” Chaeyeon said in a matter-of-fact way.

  “In fact, they’re planning on making a debut soon.” Hae Rin added.

  “Compared to that guy whom you say is so talented, Jae Kyung pretty much will become more famous than him.” Han Byeol said smugly as if it was her. “Who’s going to want a waiter in their company? With looks like that, he’ll only be noticed as the pretty face but not because of his voice . . . he needs more vocal practice.”

  I wanted to rub it in their face of how famous he was back then. He was much more famous than any of them but, it was no use because it was years ago. I can’t run from reality, they’ve disbanded and none of them seem to be taking a stream that involves anything that shows their musicality. One works at a convenient store, another works on the streets as a street performer, then there’s one in a musical store in Myongdong, one is a postman and now, I find the last member as a waiter. To think that they’d come back together as five would be a pure miracle.

  I became silent after that. No one argued with my silence, they seemed to like the fact I was quiet. Hong Ki kept on telling jokes that would make me only smile. Guessing he kept on telling jokes even after I’d smile meant it didn’t reach my eyes. My pride was hurt, dented by the kick of their words.

  Just as we were about to step out of the restaurant doors, I overheard yelling. Someone was calling out for someone. I didn’t bother to check, thinking it was none of my business to. “Miss!” the person called out. “Miss . . . miss, stop!!” he called out again. I continued to walk and even tried to block out the yelling. It was starting to irritate me even. Then when he said, “The lady in the brown dress, stop!!” I halted.

  I turned around and found Jaejoong slowing his pace as he got in front of me. He stood still in front of me and said, “Hi, I’m the waiter who served you.”

  “I know, you’re Kim Jaejoong. You were the one who performed on stage.” I said.

  “Right, that’s me.” He said with a smile. He then clasped his hands together and said, “How did you know there was a song called ‘Forgotten Season’?”

  I was completely speechless. I didn’t know what to say. My mind went absolutely blank at the question. I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it right back knowing nothing was going to come out of it. Instead, I asked, “Why do you ask?”

  He seemed to be taken aback too by the question, as if he didn’t expect me to ask it. He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head as he said in a low tone, “I . . . the song, it means something to me. It’s rather something with a little history.”

  “Oh . . .” I said and noticed the necklace dangling around his neck. The gold chain glimmered in the dim light that lit the restaurant. I was in a trance as I flashed back to Junsu, who wore the necklace too, as well as Yunho, Yoochun and Changmin. Hong Ki nudged me lightly in the rib and I snapped out of it. I had stared into oblivion as Jaejoong stared at me, expecting something from me. “I heard it from a friend. The song was sung by someone else if I’m not mistaken. It’s a classic I like listening to.”

  “What made you think of such a song for such an occasion?” Jaejoong asked and crossed his arms with both his eyebrows pulled together. It seemed to have wondered him why I chose such a song at the time.

  “It just came up, I guess,” I lied. I couldn’t tell him the reason was because I wanted him to sing it. He’d wonder how I’d know he was a singer and then I have to explain my position as a die-hard fan. This might just freak him out since they’ve disbanded years ago.

  “Hey! Are you guys coming or what?” Simon said from the entrance with Han Byeol on his arm. I can’t believe I’m saying this but he’s my savior.

  I looked to Simon and then back to Jaejoong who was already preparing to bid farewell. He let out a sigh and said, “Well, I just want to wish you a thank you for . . . being the first to applaud for me after my performance.” When he said that, I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. Damn Jae, did you have to compliment me?

  “Oh it was just reflex. I was just amazed at your singing I didn’t know what came over me.” I lightly slap my forehead and continued in a poised manner, “Just . . . don’t lose that voice of yours.” I said as a fan.

  He grinned and eyed me. “What makes you say that?”

  “You really have a gift,” I said and bit my lip for letting it out but once it’s out there’s no pulling it back in. “You might not know,” I started, “I might see you on billboards around the streets of Seoul next time.”

  He smiled wider and it relieved me that he didn’t seem affected. “I don’t know.” He said and stuffed his hands down his pockets. He looked around the restaurant and said, “I like working here.”

  “But,” I said for him and he grinned.

  “But,” he repeated after me, “I do wish I get a chance on stage again.” He turned around and stared at the stage for a long moment before Hong Ki interrupted.

  “I’m sorry to say this but we have to go.” Hong Ki said apologetically.

  “Oh, right.” Jaejoong said and bowed low to us. We bowed low too to show our appreciation for the hospitality he’s treated us to.

  In the limousine, the others didn’t seem too happy with the fact we were late. We were lucky none of them bothered to start a mean conversation regarding us. It was a silent drive back and somehow it felt much shorter than when we were on our way to the restaurant.

  Once we had reached our dorms, the men had to say a few words regarding the night to the ladies alone. Either it was a walk around the playground, the driveway or along the corridors. We chose to just talk at the limousine. We were leaning our backs against the limousine, with me holding my clutch in my hands and with Hong Ki who had stuffed his hands in his pants’ pockets.

  We mostly talked about the restaurant. We talked about the food, the service and also the waiter, Jaejoong. It got pretty uneasy when Jaejoong came into the picture. I felt like as if I was cheating on my boyfriend whereas I’m not even in a relationship.

  I thought I might give it a shot and asked Hong Ki, “Don’t you want my number?” I took out my cellphone but he placed his hands over mine and said, “I don’t think so.”

  “Why?” I asked.

  “Because I think you’re more interested in that waiter than me.”

  I knew he felt something, “Hong Ki,” I started but he placed his forefinger on my lips, making me silent and listen to what he was about to say.

  “Look, I noticed he caught your eye the moment you saw him.” Hong Ki confessed and a surge of guilt filled my heart. “But he seems to be interested in you too.” I tried to not be hopeful and looked at Hong Ki in absolute guilt. I never liked being the bad guy. Now I feel worse realizing he’s a good guy! “Don’t worry about me; I don’t think we’ll make it anyway.”

  “Why can’t we try?” I asked with a pout on my lips.

  “I don’t think we’re good for each other. Tonight was great . . . but . . . I don’t think you’re the one.” It hit me like a bullet. Was this how being dumped felt like? Gosh, it sure .

  “Can’t we stay friends?” I asked.

  “I think it’s best if we don’t.”

  Why was this guy totally determined to get rid of me? Maybe Jaejoong really made him feel like he’s an ugly duckling. I felt so bad. Just as he turned around, heading towards the door once s had entered; I grabbed his wrist and pulled him to me before planting a kiss on his cheek.

  Hong Ki was in utter silence. He looked to me with wide eyes and used his free hand to touch it.

  “Thank you,” I said, “For the night.”

  “You’re welcome,” he said in nothing but a faint whisper.

  “Hong Ki!!” someone yelled out. Joon put his head out the door and said, “Get your in here or we’re leaving without you!!”

  “I’m coming.” Hong Ki said and staggered his way to the door. He gave me a weak goodbye before being grabbed by the collar and pulled inside.

  I smiled to myself thinking that the guilt had already fallen off of my shoulders. Now all that’s left to do was get back to my room, take a shower and go to sleep but as I made my way to the room, I couldn’t help but wonder about the necklace each of them wore.

  Is there a possibility that they’re keeping touch? Or is it just a way for them to remember the good old days of their lives as TVXQ! Sitting on the couch after freshening up and got the make-up off of my face, I continued to think about them.

  Amidst the thinking, I had an idea that might just be considered a little bit like stalking. Should I go and visit each of the places where I saw them or should I let them go? Now that I know where they are, it’s hard not to go and say hi. Some of them even know my name. Well, only two but still . . . they know my name! The thinking got my brain going a little crazy so I ended up sleeping on it.  

 


 

*sighs* Finally.... KKEUT!! HAHAHAHA!! Hope you guys enjoyed it~  ^^ Comments ar much appreciated....

Peace Out! Love,

Durian2003