Kim Jaejoong: Forgotten Season Pt1

On One Fine Day

It was a typical day in the studio today. Nothing much happened. It was a Friday and it had already been a week since meeting those four men. I mean, what a luck I had this past month. I’ve met with Kim Junsu in this convenient store I never knew existed, then I met up with Jung Yunho who was a street performer, Park Yoochun at the musical store at Myongdong and Shim Changmin came to my doorstep as a postman. My dorm mates were shocked as hell seeing huge packages occupying the space of their small living room and also known as my room – well, we can call it my space seeing room didn’t pretty much best described it.

  We got a fifteen minute break and some made a run for the bathroom. I just made my way to the cooler for a nice cool bottle of water seeing I had forgotten to fill up mine for the day. I had woken up a little later than usual and my dorm mates – being them – didn’t wake me up. I had to run and did the same thing when I needed those ingredients for lunch. I literally jumped in front of another cab and told him to step on it while he yelled in my ear how he could’ve killed me. It’s so weird that he’s giving me a lecture on life for what I did yet still catch what I said and sent me to my destination – correctly.

  After practice I went straight home to my dorm. I gave the girls a voice message indicating I couldn’t make it for lunch due to the extended practice time we had. I didn’t take a cab this time though because I used all the money I had to pay the cabby before extra for driving as fast as he could to get to my destination. Do you know what I did? I walked my way home.

  I was lucky I wasn’t wearing heels because if I were I’d reach home with blisters on my feet. I knocked on the door three times before realizing no one was home to answer me. If there were they’d probably ignore me.

  So I got in and the first thing I did was collapse onto the couch that was my bed and slept my tiredness away. The cushions felt so comfortable underneath me, it was like as if I was floating away into the sky on big fluffy clouds. Just as I was getting more and more into the moment, someone hits me in the head with their purse, causing me to wake up and look up to see who the perpetrator guilty of hitting me with their purse as I slept.

  “Jae Kyung,” I said once I saw her from the back. It wasn’t hard to identify her; I mean she was the only one in our dorm who loved to wear hot pink to class. Today, she wore it in the form of a blouse with ruffles on the front and ends of her three quarter sleeves.

  “Wake up sweetie, do you know what time it is?” she said in a bright tone.

  I grumbled and buried my face in the cushion beneath me. I asked her in a bored tone, “Why do you care?”

  “Well, if you haven’t noticed it’s close to six.”

  “So?”

  “Well, you’ll be late to your date tonight if you don’t start getting ready.”

  ‘Wait a second, did she just say date?’ My eyes snapped open and I sat up from the couch to look at her expression as I asked, “What date?”

  She turned to me and smiled, “You know . . . date. Well you won’t be alone. The four of us will be with you.”

  My eyebrows furrowed and I continued to look at her with that expression on. She rolled her eyes and came over to me just so she could sit beside me and boringly explain the details to me.

  “Ok look, we have an empty spot for our group blind date tonight. I suggested you come along seeing how boring your life is, okay? I didn’t know that they’d agree.”

  I nodded and finally found the logic in all of it. I mean, the girls have never been so kind to me before as to hook me up with any sincerity in it. So, to have things be cleared up for me made sense as to why I was going on a blind date. Wait a second; I’m going on a blind date. What will I wear? I thought of asking Jae Kyung but quickly brush the thought away because no way Jae Kyung would lend her clothes to me, she wouldn’t even lend her shoes to Han Byeol – they probably won’t fit me anyway.

  She stood up and looked down on me like she usually does to say, “Quickly get ready. I don’t want to be embarrassed in front of my friends and my date because of you.”

  She went straight into her room and immediately I got thinking of what to do about tonight. I’ve never been on dates that very often – well, not ever to be exact. I don’t have any form of formal attire, which was dresses, necklaces with shoes – five inch stiletto heels that is – and nearly came to a dead end until I got an idea. Immediately, I stood up. I fixed my cap and got out of the dorm, not letting Jae Kyung know where I was headed but just as the door clicked shut beside me, I realize the person I’m about to meet might just be busy so I leaned my back against the railing in front of my door and fished out my phone to call her.

  I dialed her number and waited patiently while tapping my foot for a dial tone. It rang for a few seconds before her voice was to be heard.

  “Hello?” she answered.

  “Hey, Eun Hye-ssi,” I said.

  “Min Young-ssi, what’s up? Why are you calling at such an hour?” she asked. From her tone I could tell she had her confused expression on.

  “I need help,” I said.

  “In what way is it that you need my help? You’re usually fine without me.”

  “This is different.” I said before letting her say anything else. “This is a matter I’m sure you can help me with. I’m a complete disaster in this section. What do you call it? It’s a fashion emergency. I need a dress for my date tonight.” I blurted out eventually.

  “Oh my goodness, Min Young-ssi needs a dress? And it’s for a date?”

  “Yes and I sort of need more than that.” I confessed. Who else do you look to for this kind of thing if not your best friend?

  “Well, then what are you waiting for? Get your over here. The clock is ticking!”

  After that she hung up and left me in a blur. I have these moments because I have to recall at times whom I just spoke to. Seriously, she can really be weird at times, a real loose screw in that head of hers. Yet, we are the closest thing ever. Maybe it’s because I too have a loose screw. Dance mates would look at us with eyebrows pulled together, just wondering how our minds work. They think us being best friends is really a wonder, like trying to figure out a Physics question. Well who wouldn’t when your best friend is a deadly choreographer who runs her studio like a boot camp with hardcore training.

  Once I’ve reached the building, I went straight to the elevator to get to level twenty-five where Eun Hye’s office is. Once I had reached the floor, quickly I walked to Eun Hye’s office and stood in front of her door. I even knocked three times before she opened it and I entered.

  “Min Young,” she said brightly.

  “Hi,” I merely said and she gave way for me to walk in.

  I settled on one of her chairs in front of her desk so we could talk. Before she sat in her seat, I looked around her room to see if it was still in the same condition I left it when I last visited. It’s a big room with a huge window at the end. Her bed was placed beside her window where maybe she’d like to look out the window before she slept and get her inspirations for a new song. Then, her instruments like the guitars and portable pianos were set beside her bed. The middle area is where she decorates with a big rug, in a black and red zebra pattern accompanied by two bean bags and a long couch. Behind the couch, which is behind Eun Hye’s desk was a room I never knew what heed inside. It was top secret because it’s her closet that consists all of her masks and undercover goods. That was what she told me when I asked what it was when I first entered her room. Anyway, I guess things are still in place if I recalled.

  Once she had settled, she leaned in and said, “So . . . dish!”

  I leaned in too as I told her about my day. I cut that short and only got to the details once I got to my dorm. I told her about Jae Kyung hitting me while I was sleeping on my ‘bed’ and she shook her head. She never approved of my dorm mates and always told me to be patient. She’d keep on repeating the words, ‘Patience is a virtue,” and I’d roll my eyes and say, “Yeah, yeah. I know.” Continuing with my story, I got to the part where Jae Kyung randomly says I have to get ready for a date and then quickly got to the chase by concluding she only wanted me to fill in a spot for a group blind date.

  Eun Hye made a face after all that explaining and said, “Well, that’s no fun.”

  “Why is it not?” I asked with my eyebrows pulled together in wonder.

  She was about to tell me when suddenly she closed and said a different thing. “It’s nothing. Now, about your outfit . . . what do you plan on wearing?”

  I told her I didn’t want something too fancy like bright colors or something with sequins. I described a dress a certain type of dress to her that would be possible for me to wear and she laid out her options. She described in detail of the types she got. She gave me a total of five and I picked number five seeing it was with the least description.

  “You’re very simple,” she told me once I had told her my pick.

  “I hate being complicated; simple is the best way to go.” I said.

  After that, she stood up and led me to the doors of her secret closet. She keyed in a code and I was surprised there was another door. She turned to me and said briefly, “There’re three layers.” I just made and ‘Oh’ face and continued to watch as she keyed in the next two codes for her next two doors. Once the third door opened, I became awed.

  My eyes widened in delight as I saw not just a closet but a wardrobe. It was a walk-in closet and the first thing I saw was the wall-high rack of shoes. Sneakers were at the bottom, the middle stacked a collection of heels of different lengths and the top were flats of different color and design. On each side of the wardrobe were her clothes hung in four sections. I was surprised to see faces displayed on top. Later only did I realize they were her masks complete with its wig. I swore one face seemed familiar, as if I’d seen it before.

  “Min Young,” Eun Hye suddenly called out and I walked towards her. She was looking through some dresses that were hung color coordinately and fished out a dark brown dress. It had a corset-like top with spaghetti straps and a chiffon bottom that flowed down to – what I assumed to be – the knees. On the top of the hanger was a shawl in the same shade. Eun Hye scanned it for a moment before looking at me to say, “Will this do?”

  I was so mesmerized by it that I said, “Yes,” in a dreamy tone.

  Eun Hye made a face thinking that I might have just gone crazy to be wearing such a hideous outfit. The look didn’t last long and she just pushed the dress into my arms. I looked at it before she pushed me into the direction of the changing room. It looked like a typical changing room and looked at the life-size mirror in front of me.

  I locked the door before placing the dress in front of me, trying to see if the dress might suit me. It might just work. As I undressed, I had fears that the dress might not fit and wished I had worked out more but I just gave it a shot. Surprisingly, I had no difficulty putting it on and it fitted me perfectly. That day, I discovered I had curves I never knew existed. I untied the shawl tied on the hangar and walked out of the room barefoot.  

 


 

Okay, so this one is just 1 part. I don't know why but Jaejoong's part is UBER long so... I hope you ppl will enjoy.... It wouldn't hurt if u guys commented too u know??

Peace Out! Love,

Durian2003