Kim Jaejoong: Forgotten Season Pt 2

On One Fine Day

Eun Hye had sat on one of the couches she had used to decorate her wardrobe as a center piece. When she saw me, her eyes widened in the same surprise I had when I first saw that the dress had fit me.

  “So, what do you think?” I asked while giving her a twirl and looked down to the dress I wore before looking up to Eun Hye for an answer.

  “You look,” she staggered and smiled widely before saying, “Gorgeous.” I smiled sheepishly and spread out my arms to give her a full picture. She scanned me from top to bottom and giggled before saying, “But I think we need a pair of shoes to complete your look.” I had to giggle too at the remark.

  Eun Hye stood up and I followed suit as she walked towards her shoe rack. She gave it a long thought before coming close and fished out a pair of bronze strappy heels. I had to shake my head for the bronze clashed with the brown too much and she agreed so she put it back to where she fished it out. She scanned it from top to bottom before taking out another pair of strappy heels only in the dress’s shade. I put them on and they were a perfect fit.

  I gave Eun Hye another twirl before saying, “What now?”

  Eun Hye had an ear-to-ear grin on and seriously it freaked me out at how it looked on her. Eventually, she said, “Now, we are going to doll you up.”

  My eyes widened and I shook my head as I backed away from her. She came closer while saying how ridiculous I was to not want to get dolled up. She kept saying my look wouldn’t be complete, let alone perfect if I didn’t put on at least a little make-up on. I never like make-up because the horror of it made my skin crawl. Just imagine, that powder sticking to your skin, the layer of concealer under your eyes, the eye shadow that would make your eyelids heavy. Not to mention the eyeliner and mascara.

  Eun Hye grabs hold of my arm and pulled me to a small dressing table that was maybe the make-up section. I knew there was no turning back now. It was either not go or go with make-up. I had to give in, it was now or never. I was in safe hands anyway or am I?

  She pinned up my hair so that when she got to work she’d be able to see my face clearly without any interference. She started by applying powder on my face, jaw and neck. She’d explain briefly about the purposes of the make-up as she did me. She said the reason as to why she applied powder on my face, jaw and neck was so that the make-up wouldn’t look so visible. She applied as thinly as possible so I wouldn’t be uncomfortable. She then applied concealer for my dark circles and then got started with my eyes. She first started with the eye shadow and soon after was the eye liner. After those, she applied some mascara. Then, she brushed my cheeks with some blusher to make my cheeks look flushed. She even told me to in my cheeks so that the apples of my cheeks might stand out more. To finish it off, she applied some gloss on my lips.

  Once she was done, she unpinned my hair and took out a curling iron. I told her it wasn’t necessary but being Eun Hye, she insisted and would still do it even if I said no. Once she was done, she let me look at myself in the mirror. My eyes widened and I held back a gasp as I saw my reflection.

  In front of me was no longer the girl with dark circles due to her lack of sleep with bed head hair but a beautiful woman. Her hair had loose curls and they looked soft and bouncy as she turned her head from side to side. Her eyes on the other hand had those Smokey affect. Her cheeks had this slight shade of pink in them like she was blushing. Her lips on the other hand were shiny and perfectly glossed like they were coated with something to make it look like glass. The more unbelievable thing was this woman was me.

  I turned around and looked to Eun Hye. At first I was expressionless and she seemed uncertain that the way she had made me seemed to have worked for my outfit so she asked, “Well, is it okay?”

  I burst out laughing and threw my arms around her as I jumped up from my seat. I said ecstatically, “I love you, I love you; I love you!!”

  She laughed too and wrapped her arms too around me. We jumped up and down like lunatics and she said, “You’re welcome,” in between laughs.

  We were all savoring the moment of my beautification when I suddenly hear my phone ringing. Hurriedly I went back to the changing room to fish out my cell phone out of my pants’ pockets. The caller ID said it was Jae Kyung.

  I pressed the small green button and said, “Hello?”

  “Min Young? Where the hell are you?!!” she barked. I was about to explain when she cut me off and said, “Forget it, just get your here!! They’ll be arriving any minute.”

  After that she hung up and I checked my phone for the time. True enough the clock was about to strike eight soon. I hadn’t noticed Eun Hye was at the door when I was packing my stuff. She stopped me from leaving the changing room and held out both her arms as if asking for my clothes. I did so and then did she move aside and let me walk out.

  “What will you do to my clothes?” I asked curiously.

  Eun Hye just placed them on the round couch and said, “Oh I’ll just hold them for you while you go on your date. Just make sure you give that dress back in one piece and I’ll give yours too in one peace.” The way she said it made the Goosebumps on my arms arise. She then took out a small clutch from someplace that was the same shade as the dress I wore and took my cell phone from my grip to drop it in that clutch. It was so small that it seemed only my phone was able to be stuffed in there. “Make sure everything returns in peace, please?” Eun Hye said with a kind smile and handed me the clutch.

  “Alright, I’ll make sure they’ll still be in peace.” I said and took the clutch.

  She kept on giving me advice regarding the blind date. It was my first so she told me to make a good first impression if he was a keeper. She even gave me good tips on how to tell if the guy is a candidate for a good boyfriend. They were a great help if only I listened carefully and listened. I was so nervous that everything she told me had disappeared into thin air. She had asked one of her chauffeurs to drive me to my dorm and before I left she said a few encouraging words to lessen my nerves.

  “Good luck,” Eun Hye said and winked as she whispered, “Have a great time.”

  “Thanks, I will.” I said and gripped her hand tightly for reassurance and she gripped my hand back just as the car was about to leave the premises.

  Once Eun Hye was far I took in a deep breath and tried to recall the advice and tips Eun Hye had wasted her breath to tell me. It didn’t take long for us to arrive. I was nervous as hell when we had reached our destination but I didn’t forget my manners so I said Thank You to the chauffeur and wished him a good night.

  The girls were nowhere in sight and I had no clue where they would be. I was about to take out my phone to give Jae Kyung a call when I heard Han Byeol’s voice. She didn’t sound far so I used my hearing to sense the direction of where it came from and how relieved I was to have found them.

  The four of them wore something similar. They wore dresses that were bright and practically called out for attention. Jae Kyung wore hot pink as usual with thick make-up on and accessories I just wish I could snatch off of her neck. Han Byeol wore a rainbow mini dress with a pair of five-inch white stilettoes. Hae Rin wore a blue A-symmetrical dress that left her right shoulder bare and her left arm fully covered. It hugged her body like spandex. Then, I saw Chaeyeon who wore a short mini dress with tight leggings underneath. Her wrists were infested with bangles and bracelets. I felt dizzy just by looking at the bright colors that blinded me that night. I had to blink a few times to see if what they wore were real. They wore outfits that looked like they were headed for the club. I felt so out of place but at least I made an effort to dress up.

  When Han Byeol saw me, I swore I thought she was going to pounce at me. She called Jae Kyung for her attention and looked at my direction. Chaeyeon and Hae Rin looked at where Han Byeol looked to and gave me the same glare as I came close. Jae Kyung turned around and seemed a little surprised to see me.

  Once I was close enough, I raised a hand to wave and said, “Hi.”

  “Min Young?” Jae Kyung said in a questioning tone as if she was unsure it was me.

  “Yeah, it’s me.” I answered casually and shrugged as if how I looked meant nothing.

  “Well, don’t you just look promising?” Han Byeol said sarcastically with a hint of cynicism in her tone.

  The others ignored her and Chaeyeon asked me wonderingly, “Where on Earth did you get that dress?”

  I looked down to the dress I wore and said sheepishly, “I borrowed it.”

  “What about your make-up?” Hae Rin asked and added, “Plus your hair . . . it’s so bouncy.”

  “She helped me with the make-up,” I said while showing them my face with my hand and said in a joke-like manner, “and she insisted on doing my hair so. . .”

  None of them seemed to find it funny so I stopped smiling and sat down beside Han Byeol. We sat at quite a distance seeing how uncomfortable she made me feel by giving me glares.

  It felt like millenniums waiting for our date. Shouldn’t it be us to be fashionably late? Just as I was about to ask when our dates will come, a limousine comes driving into the driveway. It was the typical, long, black and sleek limousine. The guys we’re meeting must be really rich college students or just really rich old people with receding hairlines looking for some fun with college students.

  They stopped by in front of us and by that time, all of us had stood in a straight line. We waited intently with wide smiles on and poses that seemed unfit for a first meeting. I preferred to stand normally with my hands clasped together in front of me with my shoulders fully covered on such a cold night. Which reminds me, don’t the girls feel cold wearing such revealing clothes? I didn’t bother asking seeing how wide their smiles were and how ecstatic they were just by the sight of the limousine.

  The door swung open and the first person to step out was a tall and handsome guy, probably fifth year at our university and he wore a tuxedo. He flashed a smile and nearly all of us shrieked in giddy. I didn’t though; I just looked away wishing they would all just quickly get out of the limousine and start on introductions so we could get into that limousine that’s equipped with built in heaters because I was freezing out here. The next three wore tuxedos too and had charming good looks. Each of them stood in front of their wanted date and I was faced with the back of the limousine. I was expecting a fifth guy but he was nowhere in sight.

  They all seemed to have notice me facing nothingness and the guy on the opposite end made an intimidated face and called out, “Hong Ki!! Get your out here!!”

  Seconds later, out comes a guy maybe a few centimeters shorter than the rest and wore a pair of white, thick lensed and huge framed spectacles. He wore a tuxedo too but seemed much more flustered. When he stood in front of me, I overheard the girls beside me suppressing their laughter. I ignored them and focused more on the guy who stood in front of me who was my date. He was just my height and he was actually kind of cute.

  “Alright guys, why not we introduce ourselves to these lovely ladies,” said the guy at the other end. As soon as he finished his sentence, all five of them bowed low. Once they had all stood up straight, the guy at the other end said, “Hi, I’m Joon.”

  The guy beside him said, “Hello, my name is Gikwang.”

  Then, the guy in the middle said in a cute manner, “Hi, I am Yoseob.”

  The guy beside Yoseob then said, “I’m Simon D. Just call me Simon.”

  Last but not least, Hong Ki said cheerfully, “And I’m Hong Ki!”