Sold!

Sehun: For Sale

warning; i guess lower the expectation since this is my first one-shot and gdi im nervous af dlfgjkdf so yeah, sloppy one-shot coming through~

play the song below as it will serve as your background music.. since i used this one while making this one-shot. so yea, happy reading i guess /smiles nervously/


 

 

 

Food. Electricity. Water. Apartment-- apartment.

Another deep sigh had came out of the boy's mouth; Sehun has been calculating his due payments for quite awhile now, and still he has no idea as to how and where to get money he needs just to get this over with.

The apartment is his most concern right now - the only home he's known ever since his parents decided to kick him out to start fending for himself, believing that being independent on such an early age would do him good, most especially - exclusively quoted by his beloved mother - when he's a spoiled lazy brat. 

But Sehun likes to think that it's just his way of living the life to the fullest whilst young.

Its due got extended by another two weeks, which Sehun finds a blessing in disguise. However, - this time, a certain panda landlord quoted - his sorry will be out in the streets if he pleas for another two weeks of extension. That's why here he was, with a bunch of scattered paper bills and calculator with the pencil on his hand, he thinks hard for the rest of his 30 minutes as to how and where to get that particular amount of money.

 

 

While scribbling through his pad, he doesn't notice a soft knock on his apartment door at first. The second time around, Sehun lets out another sigh as he stands up from his seat - wincing from the stiff muscles - and opens the door, not bothering to check on the peephole who his visitor of the night might be.

There, his friend, Jongin, is standing in front of his door with a smug smirk on his face. Scowling, Sehun closed the door to unlock the chains then left it for Jongin to open.

"Didn't know you're on sale, bro. Why'd you not tell me? Hmm?" Is the first thing his tan friend asked. After finding a comfortable position in front of his coffee table, Sehun looked at Jongin in confusion; only to get hit by a rolled up poster on his face.

"What the ?"

"Check it before cussing at me." Jongin pointed at the poster on the floor, still with a smug smirk that Sehun had the urge to wipe it off his face.

Sighing for the umpteenth time, the latter picked it up and carelessly opened it only to gasp in shock when he saw his own face serving as the background of the said poster. He felt his blood boil in anger when he saw the title and contents of it.

 

 

 

Sehun: For Sale

What: A certain boy that is available to serve as your roommate, acquaintance, and friend
Where: @ Gupanda Apartment Complex
How: In an amount of 30,000 won, our dear Sehun would be yours!
 
Contact no.: Landlord, Tao: 01****** ******
Hurry up and get the chance to be his roommate!
 
 
 
 

In the past years of his life, Sehun had never felt so humiliated until now. Not only that, he also felt utterly disregarded as a human; it is as if he's just a mere pet that needed a shelter and an owner. It's so ing degrading that Sehun just wanted to stomp right into the landlord's office and punch the out of him.

Unconsciously, he started trembling and breathing hard that Jongin slowly regretted his choice of making fun at his friend. He didn't realize any of this the moment he saw the poster on the lamp post outside. So, to see his friend on the verge of - is he about to cry or what? - ...something, he cleared his throat, strode towards Sehun with large steps, and swiftly snatched the poster away from his friend. Sitting beside the still trembling teenager, Jongin awkwardly placed his hand on the former's shoulder and smiled nervously.

"I can buy you, though... if that's what you're... ugh... thinking about.... or something" Jongin lost his voice on the end part when Sehun abruptly and harshly grabbed his hand on the latter's shoulder, only to find it again; this time, his voice was mixed with pain when Sehun started squeezing and pinching and twisting his poor hand.

"I'm gonna kill him... I am so gonna kill that er! How dare he just create a ty poster about me?! What am I... a pet?! Huh?! Do I ing look like a pet to you Jongin?!!" Jongin screamed when Sehun screamed at him.

"! Let go of my hand!"

Still fuming in rage, Sehun reluctantly released his death grip on the poor hand; Jongin massaging it in his most tender way while giving his most lethal glare on his friend. Oblivious to this, on the other hand, Sehun finally sighs in defeat as his rigid shoulders turn slump.

 

 

He admits, though. He admits that yes, he isn't the most responsible kid out there; he doesn't even know how to budget! So how the hell would he be able to save enough and spend enough for the sake of his future expenses? Sehun finds it really ridiculous for his parents to just kick him out like that. All the while, it saddens him too - do they not love me anymore? - he mentally whines. As much as he appreciates and enjoys the freedom of living all alone, he doesn't appreciate the other side of independence. Nevertheless, he somehow finds gratefulness towards his parents for taking charge of his school payments. Because if his school is to be added in his list of frustrations, then he would probably just drop out of school and work as an undergraduate high school student to save more of his time. He's in his graduating days now, anyway - he could just search an online course or something. Once he save enough money, that is.

Soon enough, his tan friend interrupted his train of thought, "Wanna invade a certain panda's haven?" Jongin suggested while wiggling his eyebrows.

And it is during these kinds of crisis that Sehun appreciates the goofiness of his good-for-nothing-but-still-a-friend friend. He smiles evilly and together, they march towards the unaware sassy landlord.

 

---

 

Tao doesn't know if he should regret his decision of making a poster like that or cackle in delight whilst he imagine Sehun's crestfallen face once he sees the poster.

He had been giving the latter extensions for a month already, and still the brat doesn't at least give a down payment. It's getting unfair for the others that this particular kid who happens to be a high school student still hasn't given his due yet he's still under his wing. And Tao doesn't want that. So, when the most-evil-plan-ever-existed-in-the-fields-of-being-a-landlord idea came up to his mind, he doesn't re-think of what could be the consequences as he only thinks of the outcome of the advertisement poster.

However, he doesn't realize how fast can the poster get attention since he only posted it in one of the lamp posts near the apartment complex earlier this morning.

On the second ring, he lazily answered the call only to jump in surprise and glee when a 'customer' inquired about the said poster. He laughs wickedly in his mind as he enthusiastically answers all the inquiries. When the call ended, he tilted his chair backwards, placed his feet on the table, and tucked the both of his hands on his nape in satisfaction.

 

 

After a long time, Tao jumps in surprise when a certain kid together with a tan boy barges in his office.

"What the hell?!" Sehun exclaims whilst throwing the now crumpled poster, making sure to hit it right at the landlord's face.

This action made his panda bags under his eyes twitch, "Don't you what the hell me, Sehun! I've been waiting and giving you extension for ages! As much as my kindness wants to delay your impending doom, my business needs money!"

"And you resort in making a damn poster stating me as for sale?! Do I look like a ing object to you?! What the hell, Tao!"

"How the hell would you pay your rent, then? I'd rather have it like this than kick you out without having anything in return at all. er, my apartments' aren't for free!"

"I already told you I'm working on it! Just a little more then you'll get your money, damn it!"

"Well working time's over my dear Sehunnie, because someone already bought you."

An eerie of tense silence abruptly came over between the two fuming lads as Jongin finds himself squirming uncomfortably behind his friend; fearing that one small move would provoke another set of verbal war between the two. Unbeknownst to the two friends, something unfortunate has already happened, to which it made the landlord question himself once more if making the poster is fine or a complete degrading move.

But then again, someone already bought the kid, so might as well continue being the villain here.

That's why after staring and watching at Sehun's face transform from shock to confusion, anger, sadness, then back to shock, Tao doesn't flinch one bit when the latter screamed.

"...WHAT?!"

 

---

 

Jongin is thankful for the poster.

Not because his poor friend is being tooled as an object worth buying, but because of the fact that he was aware of what was happening, thus being there on his side all along as he helplessly witness the rage steam off of Sehun's aura whilst the said boy breathes in and out in poor attempt to prevent himself from lunging at the spawn of satan that is Tao himself. However, he finally comes to a conclusion of regret, though; if it weren't for him, Sehun wouldn't know such thing.

But then again, the latter angrily facing the landlord would be inevitable because of the poster. It is better this way.

It's also a good thing that Sehun didn't fought anymore when Jongin decided to drag him out of the landlord's office. Who knows what might happen to the panda when he meets the high school student's mighty fist? Definitely, a larger eye bag is not pleasing to see.

Yet still, allowing his cocky attitude to disappear for awhile, the tan boy grabbed his friend's shoulder in concern and worry as he lightly shakes the boy.

"Hey, are you alright?--" Jongin blinked for a second when he realized how stupid that question could be right now. "Wait, don't answer that, it's a stupid question." He quickly adds.

"What I'm trying to say is, everything's gonna be alright for you, man. Whoever this dude or lady is, he or she must have a good reason to buy you just like tha--"

"Please stop with the 'buy' preference, it makes me feel inhuman, Jongin." Sehun finally interrupted. Albeit voice defeated and low, a response nonetheless.

The former can't help but gulp in guilt; he knows Sehun doesn't deserve any of the things that the landlord inflicted on him, regardless of how bratty the guy can be. After all, he is a human, a priceless one just like any other human beings around the world. And as impossible as it may sound, Jongin felt the desperation crawling as he wracks his brain for any probable optimistic side regarding the current issue. Anything to make the sadness of his friend alleviate even just a little bit.

With a large nervous gulp, Jongin founds one and speaks it out, hoping to ease his friend, "Well, I have an idea... If you want, I could persuade my parents to pay for your rents and instead of giving yourself to a stranger, we can just force Tao to call the dude or lady and tell him or her that you're a piece of flesh and a human at that, yeah?" He smiles enthusiastically, too enthusiastic for the gloomy Sehun's liking.

Anyhow, Sehun appreciated the idea of Jongin wracking his brain up for suggestion. Concluding that being gloomy about the fiasco would do no better, the former let out a smirk, "That's nice, thanks Nini." He teased, knowing the upcoming chastise from the tan boy.

Just as how the anticipation growing up in him bloomed, it dies as dramatically as it can be when he heard the sassy landlord calling him loudly from his back.

Both teenagers frowned in displeasure as they both turned their gazes on the unwanted presence of the landlord. However, as if life decided to play cupid, Sehun found himself being awestruck (more like lovestruck, really) at the unfamiliar baby-faced guy with its blonde hair slightly bouncing from half walking half running due to the panda excitedly dragging him. Eventually, he caught himself gawking before anybody sees so he cleared his throat and made sure to make out his most stoic demeanor.

Little did the high school student knew, a certain smug look already foreseen the small momentum.

As the landlord and the unfamiliar guy stops in front of the two friends, Tao starts introducing his companion. 

Jongin, on the other hand, definitely - absolutely - thinks that this fiasco would turn out awesome.

He mentally notes to thank the sassy landlord later.

"Sehun! Good thing you haven't walked out completely. Apparently your buyer got excited in knowing you so he immediately came as soon as our call ended. Here he is!" Tao happily presented.

With one small smile, shy, stuttering voice, and fidgeting look, Jongin mentally bets all of his most prized possession that his friend would lose his cool and eventually transforms into an idiot like he is.

Because if Jongin is the good-for-nothing-friend friend, then Sehun is the complete idiot friend.

 

 

"Hi, my name is Luhan and... I-I was the one who.. ugh... b-bought you."

"Oh wow-- I-I mean.. ugh... uhm... Hi? M-my name is... ughh... name... S-Sehun! My name is Sehun.. yeah...Hi...?"

 

Unbeknownst to the two stuttering people, both Tao and Jongin stared at Sehun - dumbfounded. They knew Sehun would be idiotic, but not that idiotic.

 

---

 

The next day, Jongin went to his friend's apartment early in the morning to help him pack up his things. Apparently, the awkward and plain idiotic introduction Sehun and Luhan made last night was enough for the former to forget the suggestion Jongin had made up just to nod furiously at Luhan who shyly asked if the whole 'Sehun: For Sale' scheme really is fine.

It's official, Jongin thought, Sehun wins the most idiot loser in the history of idiotic men.

Sensing his cockiness dripping off on his core, the tan boy arrogantly smirks at his friend as he caught him daydreaming off into dreamland where, Jongin is sure, a certain blonde male is located.

"Is this a love at first sight that I'm sensing?"

By this, Sehun flinched in surprise as he quickly turned his head to his right to see the annoying smirk his friend is wearing. Automatically knowing he got caught, he glared at his friend in poor attempt to hide his embarrassment.

", try teasing me and I'll twist your neck." Sehun hissed, which made Jongin's smirk turn into grin.

", you know that if you knew it's that guy who's gonna buy you, you wouldn't even bother marching to Tao's office like the angry bird you are."

", who are you calling angry bird?! You er, come here!" Soon enough, both teenagers have left their tasks at hand, opting for the other to kill whilst the other to try salvaging his life - all the while cackling like a mental.

 

 

Long minutes have passed when Tao - oblivious to the mayhem the two friends were doing - came to the soon-to-be-vacant apartment together with Luhan. Apparently, both guys have decided to help the high school student due to personal reasons: Tao, in any way, is still a human and that he found himself feeling extremely guilty on what he did. He thinks that helping Sehun would somehow lessen his guilt. Luhan, on the other hand, felt the urge to help his soon to be roommate in bringing his things in his condo just because the fact that he practically, literally bought the poor kid makes him squirm in nervousness; he knows how awful that can be, thus helping him. He hopes that, in the long run, he would somehow get to know the kid.

But what they saw after opening the door made them instantly regret their decisions to come help that 'early'.

And with Luhan suddenly feeling something unpleasant on his insides, he knows it'll be bitter for him to accept that Sehun and Jongin are actually together. The reason, he doesn't know, and he doesn't think he wants to know.

 

Sehun is lying on the floor with Jongin on top of him - straddling him, while his hands are pinned by the tan boy.

 

---

 

After the whole misunderstanding earlier that morning that the two teenagers found themselves explaining the situation, Jongin finally took off to amend his own responsibilities for the day, leaving the awkward duo to uncomfortably and nervously explore the condo.

To say that Sehun wants to kill himself right then and there is an understatement; he basically wants the ground to swallow him up and leave him burning in the core of the earth. For him, this has got to be the most embarrassing day of his life; not only Luhan caught him being manhandled by his tan friend, the bastard just had the audacity to leave him alone when he clearly knows that he still can't get himself to be that comfortable to the blonde male. Who would, anyway? Sure, Luhan is handsome (well pretty is more appropriate but let's try to respect the guy shall we?), cute and kind, but he also happened to be the one who 'bought' him. Despite the fact that he absentmindedly nodded at him while he asked if everything is fine for him, in reality, everyone knows it's not. And as much as Sehun wants to let go of the issue since he's already inside Luhan's condominium, he just can't for he thinks that being humiliated like that is enough to scar his existence as a human.

On the other side of the world, though, Luhan knew what Sehun was thinking with just one look at the frowning face - which made Luhan guiltier as he is.

Finally deciding to stop the tension between them, Luhan opened his mouth to speak, only to have the other open his mouth to speak as well.

 

"Hey--"

"Luhan--"

. Just ing kill me already. Both guys thought at the same time.

With a sigh, Luhan made sure to be the first to speak this time, "You first."

Well, here goes nothing. Sehun thought lamely as he inhales a much needed air before exhaling, "Well.. uhm.. you see.. this thing about you 'buying' me is.. really not okay for me. I just don't understand why you need to do such thing when clearly, that move is degrading me. Or did you even thought about that? Sure, a stupid poster is there for me to be advertised, but that doesn't mean it's fine. I didn't even know that there was a ty poster about me being on sale! I don't know how's this gonna work since you already 'bought' me--"

"Yes, I know. I'm very well aware of that the moment I called your landlord and inquired him about you." Luhan interrupted. "He said you're not aware, and that you'll be enraged once you get your hands on this situation. He said that he knows how much struggle you're facing as you go ahead and search and work for the much needed amount of money that's why he tries his best to extend your due further. He even told me that he is perfectly aware of how inhumane the poster would be as it could potentially bring danger to you. But you see, Sehun-sshi, I-I..." Luhan paused, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

Letting curiosity win over him, Sehun took a step closer to the blonde male as he stares at him intently - making the latter bow his head to hide the forming of blush in his face.

"You... what?" Sehun asked in a hush tone, lightly tilting his head in hopes of getting the other's expression.

 

Well, here goes nothing. Luhan thought lamely as he squeezes his eyes shut and blurts out quickly the most embarrassing words he would say to a boy. "I-I feel lonely. I f-felt it ever since I c-came here in Korea as an exchange c-college student."

That caught Sehun off guard. First, he's a ing college student - Luhan, or should he say Luhan-hyung, is apparently older; which it's obviously shocking since his appearance and the way he moves are kinda childish yet adorable. The way he cutely purses his lips and looks down in embarrassment, the way his eyes twinkle, the way he twiddles his thumbs, the way--

Okay stop.

To simply put, Sehun can't just find himself to accept that easily that this guy before him is older. 

But of course, Sehun - as he self-proclaims - is smart enough to find out himself beforehand that the blonde male is not a Korean (everybody actually knows that he's not a Korean, but let's just keep it a secret and let Sehun think he's smart).

However, to have the thought of him feeling incredibly alone, made Sehun's idiotic heart upset. The latter, still in complete denial that Luhan's older, thought that it should've been scary for him to linger around the streets of Seoul as everything is foreign and strange to him. With this main thought whirling around his mind, Sehun decides that staying with Luhan in his condo would be fine, as long as he gets to accompany the blonde male whenever he feels alone. So, with a newfound determination inside him, Sehun finally responds confidently after a long time (he also doesn't want to make the latter feel even more uncomfortable by his intent stares)

"Okay, Luhan. I'll stay with you." He said, his voice soft and gentle. Luhan lifts his head up in surprise.

"W-what? Really?"

"Yes, really."

All the while, Luhan felt himself finally easing from the - what he believes to be - tense atmosphere. Smiling as wide as he can, he takes a step forward in hopes of shaking the boy's shoulder in emphasis of his happiness, only to realize a tad bit late that he stepped on something slippery against his converse. By this, he accidentally pushed Sehun right on the wall; the other helping him in stabilizing himself while the former busily trying to get his balance back.

 

 

 

Suddenly, a certain tan boy barges into the condo when he saw the boxes still piling outside. Thinking that his friend and Luhan are still having the awkward time of their lives, he doesn't hesitate to enter the dining room - which happened to be where the said male and Sehun are.

Instantly, Jongin regrets not being able to bring his phone when at times like this is when he needs it the most for blackmailing purposes.

But that doesn't prevent the tan boy from smirking cockily.

Who would know that Sehun had this kind of side on him?

Letting the obvious bottom become the dominant? That's nice.

Furthermore, this is only their second time to meet, yet here they are already.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun has both of his hands on the smaller's waist while Luhan is gripping the taller's shoulder with his head bowed down, making noises that for sure everyone would be mistaken as something only done whenever they're doing the 'do'.

"Wow Sehun, didn't know you were that fast!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What the hell?!"

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun: For Sale SOLD!

end.

 


'Sehun: For Sale' is actually inspired by this photo:

yes, this meme photo came out when it was still 2013, and this one-shot idea of mine actually came during those years, but it is only now that i had the courage and motivation to finally release it for the fandom to see.

i'm not a writer, but i aspire to be one since just like any other authors out there, my mind just can't get enough of ideas and sudden plot twists as i live my fangirl life.

in fact, i've had several plots stocked in my files, silently waiting for the time to be casted under a light that are your criticisms and maybe, just maybe, your compliments.

yet until now, i don't have any motivation to let them out. so, to my dearest storiesszxsc, im sorry.

idek why the hell im opening this up lol. but yea, this one-shot has been under my stock of files for 3 years now. and finally, finally, i had the guts to type this off here on aff.

be proud of me pls lol okay bye

ps; english isnt my mother tongue, correct my grammar if you see some wierd sentence or smth pls. thanks~