Chapter 4

Playful Kiss 2 : Baby Kisses.

Annyong! Mianhamnida my lovely readers! I know I haven't updated ina while due to my internet being off, but guess what!? It's FINALLY back on! I wanted to update when I first got it back, but I still had writers block at the time! But now, I have my idea's ready and I am so excited to start updating again.

I also read the comments, and saw that so far they really want HaNi and Seung Jo to have twins. If anyone else agrees, or has an input, please comment or message me. 

Anywho, on with the story!

______________________________________________

HaNi and Seung Jo were currently on shift at the hospital, and were as busy as always. The young couple has found out that she is a month into her pregnancy. Her morning sickness wasn't as bad as she thought it was gonna be. She mainly just gets nauseous, but their are days where she does get really sick. 

HaNi just arrived back at the desk, and placed the file to the side. The patient is a child, who is very sick at the moment, and Seung Jo is her doctor while she is there. Her husband won't be able to see the poor girl until at least another hour. She currently didn't have anything to work on, as she just finished her last round. 

HaNi decided to go and sit with the girl, to let her know she wasn't alone. She went down the hall, file in hand, as she will hand him the file when he comes in, and entered the room. 

The little girl looked up when she heard the door open. She smiled as she saw her favorite nurse. The little girl's name is Nari. 

HaNi came over to her and sat on the edge of the bed.

'' How are you feeling today, Nari -ah?''

'' Better than yesterday, Nurse Oh.''

'' That's good. Doctor Baek will be in here to check on you in about an hour.''

Nari smiled and nodded. 

They both talked for a while, every once in a while, HaNi would check her vitals.  A little over an hour has passed when Seung Jo finally entered the room. 

He smiled at the child, while taking the file HaNi was handing to him.

'' All the information if acurrate, right?''

'' Yah! Of course it is.''

Seung Jo chuckled at the pout that spread on his wife's face. He looked at the chart to see what changed in the past 48 hours, and put it on the side table. He grabbed the doctor chair and started preparing her arm for today's treatment.  Nari just sat there, calmly, sadly already used to what she was going through. 

He looked up at her, and smiled.

'' Ready for some medicine?''

Nari nodded. 

Seung Jo inserted the needle into her IV, and injected it. He glanced at the fluids bag, and saw that had to be changed in about 2 hours. 

He saw his wife in the corner of his eye, yawning. She hasn't been sleeping well for the past few days, and it's about 3 weeks since they found out about their unborn child, and their shift ends in an hour and a half. 

Seung Jo adjusted the bed as he saw Nari getting sleepy. Nari smiled at her doctor. She loved Doctor Baek and Nurse Oh. They have taken such great care of her since she got admitted. 

Nari's mother is a single parent, who is already struggling financially, plus the medical bills on top of that. Her mother barely gets a chance to come and sit with her, since she has to work several jobs to support them. 

Nari won't admit it to the young couple, but they almost feel like 2nd parents to her. They took the time to play with her, comfort her, and just ...well, be there.  Of course, she will never tell them that.

-----------------

-A month Later-

Seung Jo awoke to the sound of the alarm clock. He sleepily turned to look at the clock, and saw it was 6:30am. He sighed, today was going to be a long day. Based on his last shift, today will be focusing on conducting more tests on Nari.  Unfortunately, at the moment, her condition took the turn for the worst. 

She can't keep anything down, she is constantly dehyrated..there's just so many things the poor girl is going through. 

He looked over and looked at his wife. He was thankful that she had the day off today, and her morning sickness decided to kick her at 3 in the morning. She needed the rest. He d her cheek, then got up. He took his shower, dressed, and grabbed his bag and coat.  He kissed her head before he went downstairs. He blinked when he saw his mother up, and making lunch boxes. 

'' Umma?''

'' Oh! Good morning, son! Sleep well?'' She smiled at him.

 He shrugged.

'' Not really. HaNi got sick at 3 am.''

'' Aw, poor HaNi.''

She paused and looked at her son. She know something more was bothering him.

'' Seung Jo..What else is the matter?''

She gave him a ' Don't you even think about lying to me, or I will smack you, ' look.

He sighed.

'' Remember the little girl I told you about, my patient?''

'' Ah, yes. Why?''

'' She took a turn for the worst last night. My collegue called me last night and told me. I have to run a whole new series of tests on her. ''

Guem- Hee frowned, feeling sorry for the child.

'' I am sorry to hear that.. Sweetie, I haven't seen you this way in awhile. I think I know why this is effecting you more than you thought it would.''

He looked up at her.

'' Since you yourself are becoming a parent in only 7 months, you can't help but feel more this child. As a parent, our job is to protect our kids from harm, and make sure they feel safe, protected, heathly. Sadly, this is not something a parent can protect them from. You know there's a possibility that something could do this to your own child, and there's not much you can do about that. All we can do, is reassure them, and stay strong for them.''

He realized his mother was right. Not many things pull on his heart strings, just his wife and their unborn child ( or children).  And now Nari. As a soon to be parent, and a doctor, he wished he could sheild her from the terrible situation that was forced upon her. 

His mom gave him two lunches. He raised an eyebrow at her.

'' One of them is for the girl. Perfectly healthy, and safe for her to eat. It's also soft on her stomach, that way she can keep it down, and get some nurishment in her system.''

'' Thank you, Mother. I'm sure she'll love it. Also, keep and eye on HaNi, if her morning sickness continues to persist, we got some safe medication for her to take.  Call me if anything happens.''

'' Ne, I will. Have a nice day at work!''

He leaves for the day.

___________________________

After a long, tiring shift, he trudged into the house, and made his way to his room.  His eye's immediately went to the bed, seeing his wife was asleep.  He changed, and slipped under the covers. 

He kissed her cheek, and gently placed a hand on her stomach. When he saw Nari today, he thought of his own child. As a father, his job is to protect both mother and child. 

In a soft voice, one he only uses with his wife, he says;

'' Don't worry, Daddy will always protect you and your mother. I promise.''

_____________________________________________________

And here's chapter 4~

This took me FOREVER to type. I'm literally not joking, I spent the last day or so on this chapter. ( Since it has been a while since I wrote anything)

As you can see, I showed a rare side of Seung Jo in this chapter. For those who remember, he doesn't really show his emotions or softness that often, only when he's around HaNi, does he let his sheilds drop.

( I also added a reference to the Japanese ver. -Mischevious Kiss, since it helps ties to what he is feeling, kinda.)

Well, I will be updating this story more, maybe tomorrow, depending. 

I do want some feedback on this chapter, and I would love to know what you think. Nari was a completely newly added in character. I actually thought of it as I was typing this. I don't know what I want to do with her yet. If she should stay in the story or not. Let me know, also, if you have any idea's of what you would like to see in the story, please let me know, and I can makw it happen.

See you next time! ( And yes, I do plan on updating the other stories as well. ) 

Thanks!

-KpopBunny~