Chapter 2

The life of Elle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she endlessly drove around in the streets in her car, all Elle could really think about was the park that she normally always went to to go relax and be at one with nature. It had a magnificent fountain with crystal clear water that one just had to dunk their fingers in. That was where she was headed. Somehow her intuition was nagging her about going there. Her intuition had never failed her so why doubt it now?  Upon arriving, she noticed how it was quite desolate except for the bench next to the water fountain. There was a man sitting with his head down in despair. Something inside Elle made her go up to him even though it could be a terrible idea. Firstly she doesn't even know him so he could be some freak of some sort! The distinct sound of footsteps disturbed the man's silence so he looked up to see the young woman approach him. They locked eyes as their breaths hitched due to not only to the cold but to each other. 

"Do you mind if I sit?" Elle asked to break the silence that they shared. The mysterious man nodded and shifted to give her some space for the two on the bench. He cleared his throat before she spoke again, "So... what brings you out here tonight?" The question caught him off guard but he knew why he was here. Of course he would never tell her the real reason as to why. 

"I had a terrible day so this usually helps me think. Yourself?"

"I had a strong compulsion to come here even though I don't know why." she replied with a chuck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter