Chapter 4

The life of Elle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I am a lonely man Elle..." was said after some comfortable silence between the two. The atmosphere was warmer now or perhaps it was because of the alcohol but it was better than when they had first encountered each other. Elle shifted towards Yongguk almost subtly implying for him to say more. "I am alone in a world full of people. How can that be?" 

"It makes sense. It is the worst kind. I did feel like that too 'till I found people that are needed in my life. It gets lonely for a foreigner in Korea especially as a black woman. Tell me, why do you feel like this?" She replied as she poured more Jager into her shot glass and gulped it. Yongguk did the same, allowing it to settle and somewhat relax him. Elle took note of this. 

"I am not sure frankly. It is hard to explain..."

"Why were you alone tonight?"  

"I don't know if I should share this with you. We just met."

"Okay to make you feel comfortable let me share this with you. I have this ability which oddly makes me feel these feelings that something is happening and normally when I act upon it, I see a person just before I die. Tonight I had this feeling... with you... Oddly enough I am surprised that you are alive."  Elle whispered as she gulped her shot. She was feeling a bit tipsy, the feeling of inhibition melting away. 

"Truthfully speaking I was close but then you came and in a way stopped me. I am alive now because of your presence..." Yongguk whispered back. Elle blushed and thankfully her melanin hid that. Yongguk grinned at her showing his gummy smile which in turn made Elle smile.

"Really?"

"Yes really." He replied with a chuckle. "Even though it has been a few hours with you, you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter