4 THE QUESTION

HALO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey"

A finger sneaked it's way to the side of Hanbin's ribs and he involuntarily jerked up from his seat from the ticklish pressure. 

He turned to the distraction. "Yeah?"

"So what do you think?" Mino asked

Hanbin looked across the room over to the drum set where Seunghoon sat with his fingers fiddling with those sleek drumsticks and to Mino who sat crossed legged on the sofa and he realized he had dazed off in the middle of brainstorming for a baseline rhythm of their newest project; a background score of an upcoming video game. Both looked at his direction; Seunghoon raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Jesus. Hanbin" Mino sighed as he exhaustedly sank into the sofa. "Where is your head?!"

Hanbin straightened up in his seat. "Sorry. I just had alot in my mind"

"We are running on a deadline here" Seunghoon released a low growl of frustration, turning to Mino. "And where the hell is Bobby? It is so hard to work with you kids-"

"Speak of the devil's name and the devil shall appear" The over dramatic tone of Bobby rung over the air as he bursted through the door.  

"Really?!" Seunghoon simply seemed unamused. "You are late"

"Sorry. Got caught late with something...or by someone" Bobby added as he was pushed to the side by the company he had bought with him. 

"Hey guys" the new comer chimed gleefully at his dull audience.

"Why are you here Yunhyeong?" Mino asked slightly annoyed. 

"What? Can't I dropped by to see what my friends are up to? It is so interesting to see you guys work" Yunhyeong replied as he stretched a pretty smile across his handsome face.

"Well if you wanna know what we are upto....it is that we are lagging behind by miles....thanks to some people..." Seunghoon's snarled look swayed back and forth from Hanbin to Bobby. And Bobby understood he wasn't the only one ruining the meeting thankfully. 

"What did you do?" Bobby asked accusively, turning to Hanbin. 

Hanbin exhaled as he simply diverted his eye contact with everyone in the room, refusing to explain the reason for his inattentiveness. Yunhyeong silently sat down on the chair at the corner next to Hanbin and Bobby took the one beside Seunghoon.

"Hanbin, are you not feeling well?" Yunhyeong inquired in a soft tone, concern settled on his face.

"Its nothing. I am fine" Hanbin assured his neighbour. 

"I didn't know your brother was interested in music" Seunghoon said lowly, turning to Mino.

Bobby let out a stifled laugh and Mino sighed before replying in barely a whisper "It is not music he is interested in"

Seunghoon's eyebrows pulled together at Mino's word but Mino simply gestured at the two boys at the corner, with one of the boys completely engrossed to the other, and the tension on the muscles around his eyebrows lessened as understanding settled in.

 


Hanbin chunked down the chilled beer as he took in the sight of the bar; the whiff of alcohol in the air, the timely flickering of neon lights with weird signs and messages on the wall, the small crowd gathered around the slightly lifted stage and the band....oh god....the band...the music and the torturous soulful voice of the main vocal that filled the air was probably the main reason for the many customers considering the low maintenance of the bar. 
He squinted his eyes as he tried to read the name of the band painted on the drums. 

'hyukoh-'

A hand softly struck on his left shoulder and he turned to the culprit. Chaelin smiled at him, comfortably taking the seat at the other side of the table. 

"Aaww..I missed their performance" she sighed as the band bid their adieu.

"I didn't know you were into indie. How did you find this place?"

"I enjoy music as a whole Hanbin" Chaelin replied right before ordering a cocktail. "Beside I am more surprised that you have never been here. I heard it is quite popular"

"Now I do not live in this part of the city, do I?"

"True" Chaelin agreed and Hanbin eyed her as she nodded away to the melodic play of the new singer that took the stage. 

"How was the date?" Hanbin asked and his sister shot him an accusive look to which Hanbin added, "Mom told me"

"Of course she did" said Chaelin as if it was a matter of fact. "Well, atleast it is good to know you aren't ignoring her calls"

"She is very persistent" Hanbin stated remembering the number of calls he had received from his mother since the last time he had stormed out of the house. 

"She is getting old and this stubbornness between you and father is affecting her health you know"

"Is that why you went to that arranged date?" Hanbin questioned and this time Chaelin gave him a little smile. 

"I made a deal with her" she replied and Hanbin cocked up an eyebrow. She elegantly took a sip of her cocktail, which Hanbin noticed was brought in by a lanky ill-tempered looking waiter, before she continued her tale. "She is always all about 'give it a chance' so I gave her just that. I told her that if I go to this arranged date once and give it a chance , she would get off my back. Oh, you should have seen her face, Hanbin. She was so determine to find me the one"

"So did she?" He asked, leaning forward toward his sister. 

"She tried her best but sadly for her, he wasn't my type"

"I don't think she was trying to find your type. I guess she was more like telling you your type doesn't exist in this world" 

"Not you too Hanbin", Chaelin sighed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter