Prologue: WHEN I SAW YOU

HALO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         It was spring. The scenery on either side of the three storeyed building was painted green with a hint of yellow and pink, and the sweet scent of newly blossomed flowers loomed in the air. A shiny black Audi pulled up at the parking lot. Kim Hanbin slid out from the driver's seat with a couple of heavy looking hard covered books properly secured in his hands as he shut the door of the car close behind him. He turned and walked towards the building, a couple of youth passed by him, chattering away about the bright beautiful day. He walked up the white tiled stairs and up to the large glass double door.

Not many people today, he thought to himself. But then it was spring, people were probably out there enjoying their time but unfortunately Hanbin was here in the library. He sighed. Getting into his university was tough (he had worked his for it) but now surviving the first year was even tougher, especially when you came from a family full of smartass and people probably had the same expectations from you. Not that people's opinion mattered to him much but he, himself, wanted it. And although he wasn't much of a genius as his siblings were, he was there to give his best and succeed on his own,and make his family proud.

He walked across the spacious hall.

"I need to return these", he told the woman at the counter, setting the books down in front of her. "And......", he reached into his front jeans pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. "Where can i find these?"

The woman fixed her glasses and squinted her eyes as she read the words scribbled on the note. She pointed to her right, "aisle 5"

"Thank you". Instantly, Hanbin turned to his left and started walking towards aisle 5. He sighed as he reached the long and tall shelves. He glanced down at his wristwatch, he was getting late. Swiftly moving his hands across the rows of books, he read the titles, sliding out the reference books whose titles matched with the ones on the piece of paper. He travelled a bit further down from aisle 5 making sure there wasn't any other books he might need later so that he wouldn't have to make a second trip to the library. Going back to the counter, he dropped the pile of books down on the table. The woman was nowhere to be seen, he looked around, drumming his fingers on the surface of the table. Suddenly he felt his phone vibrate and in a split second a loud ringtone rang, cutting through the comforting silence. A few heads turned at him; clearly irritated at the fact that he did not have the courtesy of muting his phone in a library.

"Hello" he hurriedly picked up the phone as he walked out of the front door.

"Yo, man. Where are you?",a loud heavy voice from the other side of the phone asked.

"I am just leaving. Give me 5minutes", Hanbin answered. He heard the guy on the phone click his tongue in frustration just before he cut the call. Sliding his phone back into his pocket, he walked back to the hall and just as his eyes felt on the counter, he froze.

Across the counter stood a man....petite, probably a foot shorter than himself, with white milky flawless complexion and fluffy dark hair falling over his forehead, covering most of his face. He had a v shaped face, round plumped lips,a nose which seemed slightly big for small features with slanted eyes and a mole on his upper right cheek just down his right eye completing and perfecting his look. Time stopped....well not for the universe but it did for Hanbin! He couldn't take his eyes off the petite guy and as he kept staring, something inside him snapped and he just knew.

The guy must have seen Hanbin's awkward posture; he stood perfectly still a few feet away, staring straight at him, his face dumbfounded, so the guy stretched his lips and his eyes curved into mere crescent as he gave a welcoming smile. Hanbin was awestruck. It was perhaps the most enchanting smile he had ever seen. Hanbin couldn't move, more like his feet were glued to the floor. An overwhelming emotion took ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter