Chapter 03

Our cliché love story

Daehyun fidgeted from his seat. He is aware that this Kim Himchan dude has been staring at him ever since they started dinner.

Himchan's expression is unreadable, just blankly staring at him from time to time so he doesn't know whether he was amazed by his love for food or he is mentally cursing him.

 

When they were done eating dinner, Daehyun went to the kitchen to start washing dishes while the grandmas are busy reminiscing their good old days.

 

He was about to start when Himchan entered the kitchen, his sleeves already rolled up and offered to help him clean and wash the dishes.

 

"No, you are our guest, I can't let you wash the dishes for us" Daehyun was more alarmed by the way their bodies are so close to each other than the thought of their guest doing their dishes.


"I insist" and he took the apron from his hands


"But-"


"It's alright Daehyun. Besides, we will be doing this soon, this is just a practice" Himchan said calmly.


CALMLY!

 

 

Daehyun stood there like a mannequin. His chest seems like there are 4 horses racing to the finish line-make it five horses! He doesn't know why he's feeling that

way when it's not even 24 hours yet since he first saw him. It feels like they've known each other for a long time.

 

Is it the way he calls his name? Is it the way he look so cute washing dishes while he's wearing his grandma's flowery apron under his perfectly neat suit?

Or is it the way he calmly suggest their future kitchen arrangement? Whatever it is, he doesn't quite know yet.

 

Daehyun never thought that watching someone clean the dishes will be that entertaining.

 

Eww Daehyun, you are so easy
Eww Daehyun, you are thinking ahead of yourself

 

"Can we talk? Outside. Just the two of us?" Himchan said afterwards. He took off the apron and looked at him while waiting for his answer.


Daehyun did not realize that he was just standing there like an idiot (handsome idiot) and blatantly watching his handsome dishwasher.

 

"O-of course! There's a park nearby, we can go there, I'll just go and tell the elders that we're going out"


We're going out haha that sounds awkward and cute.

 

 

゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚

 

 


There are plenty of stars today than any other nights that passed by, Daehyun noticed.

 
He's walking side by side with  Himchan..there's a decent distance between them, and an awkward silence.

 

"Daehyun, how do you feel about this marriage?" Himchan broke the silence.

 

"I uhm...don't know yet. To be honest, I was really surprised when grandma talked to me about it. How about you?" he replied honestly.

 

"I was surprised too. But maybe they're right. It's about time to settle down-" Himchan turned to him and stared straight through his eyes


"-but if you don't feel like doing this, we can always tell them you know." the seriousness in Himchan's voice is enough to convince him that maybe he was

against the marriage afterall.

 

Daehyun was not sure what to say. Everything was instant. One day he was just in a relationship with food then the next day he met his supposedly

future partner for life.

 

There's one thing that he was curious and bothered about.

 

"Don't you.....don't you have uhmm someone...special?" Who is maybe against this marriage.

Daehyun breaks the eye contact. He gradually steps away from where the older man was standing, but he did not missed the others almost whispered answer.

 

"I do"

 

Daehyun convinced himself that he just asked that question just because he doesn't want to hurt anyone or to ruin anyone's relationship.

 


I love love love love Channie and Daesukie! They are perfect for each other!