Chapter 01

Our cliché love story

"This isn't happening!" Daehyun blurted out as soon as he entered the cafe where he will meet his friend Youngjae. He didn't realized how loud he was until he noticed that some people from the cafe were looking at him, some are shaking their head in disbelief. He mouthed "sorry" and bowed his head a little then pulled one of the chair across where Youngjae was seated.

 

"This isn't happening, oh god!" he said as he seated.

 

"Chill bro! What exactly it is that isn't supposed to happen?" Youngjae asked calmly.

 

"Grandma thinks she's a genius matchmaker and decided to have me marry this guy that is a grandson of her childhood friend that she recently met again after a thousand years-and now they decided to arranged a marriage because that was their pinky promise or whatever promise it was when they were young!" He said panting, chest heaving and eyes a bit wide from explaining his problem to his friend.

 

Youngjae looked at him for a long time that Daehyun thought his friend turned into stone. Then a smile broke in his lips as he hugged his friend "Congratulations! You are finally going to settle down! I'm so happy for you Daebutt!"

 

"Well excuse me! I will not allow such thing to happen. I want to marry the person I love alright?! Besides, this promise-to-let-our-grandkid-to-marry-each-other-one-day is so cliché! It only happens in the book or movies" he crossed his arms and side eyed his friend "and you're supposed to give me advice about my problem and not congratulating me when I haven't even met the guy" he pouted.

 

Youngjae cleared his throat and patted his friends shoulder. "Seriously speaking Daebutt-"

 

"Drop the Daebutt!"

 

"-Daehyun... You are not getting any younger, your age will soon be out of the calendar-"

 

"At least it's still in the lotto numbers!" He defended himself.

 

Daehyun doesn't have a marrying age. He believes that when the time comes, it will come.

 

"Why don't you give it a chance. Who knows, maybe he's actually the person you've been waiting all your life."

 

Daehyun thought about what Youngjae said. Maybe he should give it a chance before he decided whether he should actually settle down or fight for his freedom to choose even if it will break his beloved grandma's heart.

 

"What's his name by the way?" Youngjae asked afterwards.

 

"Himchan. Kim Himchan."

 

 

 

 


because I ship HimDae too!