Sixth Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIXTH RUN

You are my only sun, one and only in the world

I bloomed for you, but I’m still getting thirsty

It’s too late too late I can’t live without you

Though my branch runs dry, I reach for you with all my strength.

 

 

“It’s all done.”

Namjoon took out the nozzle from the black car’s gas tank. While moved the lollipop inside his mouth he walked to the driver’s window side. The driver gave him a card to Namjoon for paying. He took it and swiped the card on the machine. After he gave it back to the owner, the person didn't say anything to thank him or tipping. But he rolled up the window then rushed out from the gas station. Namjoon didn’t stun for a second. He got used to a customer like that. In fact that one was counted as nicer one. At least, he didn’t throw the money tips like one last customer Namjoon got.

 

Yes, Namjoon, the studious student was working in the gas station instead of attending some hagwon to raise his score for more. One, Namjoon didn’t need it. He studied well by his self. Second, he was an orphan. How could he effort the tuition fee? There was he stood, at some gas station in the middle of night while other students was studying in the class or having dinner with their family. As if it was like he wanted it but he had no other option. He should support himself.

 

That night, the station didn’t have so many customers. When Namjoon looked at the digital watch on his phone, the time already showed 23.30. Two hours more, he could go home. Namjoon decided to kill time by listening to the beat Yoongi gave him earlier day. He should write some lyric for the beat song that way they could create a whole song to perform at Hongdae at Saturday.

 

This was sounded ridiculous. Namjoon knew it. How could the disordered crew performed something? They even didn’t have enough song or skill to show. Taehyung’s rap was far below poor level. Jin did rap like an old man. Meanwhile Jimin, he was just look like the lost kid at the department store. Scared and lost. How could a member like that perform anything? They would become laughing stock on the street and that all was Taehyung’s fault. It was his crazy idea.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

“Hyung, don’t you think that GRCFGA should perform somewhere? We should do something together. That way this will be more fun.”

One day, Taehyung suddenly spat out his idea out of boredom in the music room. The place had officially become their hang out place at the school. Namjoon didn’t know how Yoongi did it, but he managed to get the room key from teacher.

“What is GRCFGA?” Jin asked.

"Great rappers have come, you fake rappers go away. It’s our crew name.” Taehyung exclaimed.

Jin dumbfounded. Jimin clearly showed that he felt also disgusted at the name even when all he did was only quietly sat at the room corner. Meanwhile Yoongi, he was going rage.

 

“Are you 'the great rapper'? I said it stop name the crew after something lame like that. One day for sure, you’ll be dead in my hand.” Yoongi launched some light punches at Taehyung. He looked really disagree at the name but he wasn’t angry. He agreed to Taehyung’s idea to name the crew. But the name was really the worst out of all names Taehyung had offered last time.

“Ah… Hyung, it’s hurt! I’m only trying to do something good for the crew, this what I got! Huff!” Taehyung tried to dodge Yoongi’s punch.

 

Jimin looked antsy. It was like he never get used to Yoongi got violence with Taehyung. He also disliked when Namjoon and Yoongi arguing about the music they worked together. Everything about him was awkward. It was like he really wanted to be somewhere else but he was too afraid to go. Namjoon wondered is it his personality or something was happened to him that changed him into someone like that? He couldn't pick an answer.

 

“You deserved it actually. No wonder that your Korean test scored below ten. Even elementary grader could do better than you.” Namjoon commented.

“Did you just make a joke out of my score test?” Taehyung looked betrayed. Namjoon shrugged.

“I’m stating fact. Even Jimin, the transfer student, got better score than you.”

“Fine! I’m no better than elementary grader. I will accept that fact. But you all are so boring. How could you manage to stay inside this room all day and doing nothing?

“We are only here for each break time.”

“Can't I exaggerate it a bit? That’s not my point.” Taehyung turned Yoongi. “Suga Hyung, you said you want to let people know the quality of your music. Spread out your thought for better society. Is this what you mean when you decided to form your own crew?”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow.

 

“Don’t we need to do something more challenging rather than sitting inside the room and all talk?” Taehyung continued. “Come on. This is high school. Aren’t we young and hot-blooded?”

Namjoon didn’t know what Taehyung watched last night to influence him to say something like this. It was probably some old movies about youth and things like that. Taehyung was easy to influence by what he saw. He got excited once an idea got through him.

“Fine, you are right.” Yoongi looked thinking about it seriously.

And that was a bad sign Namjoon caught right away.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Won't you do your work properly?" A rude tone from someone disrupted Namjoon's thought.

He didn't realized since when he had fallen into his thought, but he was sure it was long enough to make the customer got annoyed. Namjoon quickly put his phone inside his pocket and ran to one of the station to help customer filled the tank.

"You." Namjoon recognized the guy who asked him to help filling the gas tank.

 

It was Jung Rahoon with his jet back motorcycle. It was a 250 cc from a famous Japan motorcycle brand. Namjoon thought Rahoon ever bragged about that. He said that his motorcycle was the same type with what Lorenzo used on last MotoGP season, only its color that was different. Namjoon remembered it because on earlier semester this year Rahoon was upset because the racer he liked changing his team. Namjoon hated the guy’s decision. It caused Namjoon to suffer because of it without knowing what his fault was.

 

"Fill the tank until it's full." Rahoon didn't need to go down from his motorcycle since the tank opener was in front of his chest.

"You'll pay me for this right?" Namjoon made sure before he did it. He wouldn't get tricked for the second time after last time Rahoon did it to him.

Namjoon got into trouble by his manager after that. His wage was cut almost half to compensate the oil Rahoon took.

"Yeah... just hurry up. I need to go somewhere else." Rahoon rolled his eyes.

Namjoon sighed and walked to take the nozzle. 

"I thought you are banned to ride your motorcycle last time."

Rahoon looked pissed off. "It's not your business."

Namjoon raised his eyebrow but he didn't say anything instead of putting the nozzle into the gas tank. Namjoon's silence made Rahoon looked uncomfortable.

 

"You're going to report it to Mom, right? That you saw me with my bike."

"Why should I care about your business?"

Rahoon quickly grabbed Namjoon's collar while hissing out of anger. But he didn't hit Namjoon. After stared at him for a while, he released the shorter guy.

"Then don't ever say a word to her."

 

Namjoon didn't say anything to it. The process for filling the tank was taking quite long. Probably Rahoon emptied the tank before he came to the station. Namjoon didn't know why was the guy still paraded around Seoul in this middle of night with his big bike while it supposed that he should have been home. Namjoon didn't want to bother by it but he knew that a certain person in the house would worry for him.

 

"Your mother will be waiting for you by this time, probably."

Rahoon clucked his tongue and put a mocking face. "Will she? She didn't even care about me. Her favorite son is you. No one cared about me in that house. And you, as you know it so well, you play your cards really well. I really hate you for coming into my house."

Like I want it. Namjoon thought it immediately but didn't say anything.

"It's done." Namjoon put out the nozzle and walked to the station put it back. Once he confirmed the amount Rahoon should pay him, the boy was already going away.

Namjoon couldn't believe it. He tricked for the nth time. It was a record for Namjoon to act stupid. But he only did it to Rahoon. Namjoon would be off from his guard that he would put up on each time, only for Rahoon because he had known Rahoon since a long time.

 

Namjoon couldn't understand Rahoon's act at all. They were used to be friend when they attended elementary school. Then one day in the middle school year, Rahoon acted totally opposite to him. One day he would flush Namjoon's book into toilet. The other day, he would embarrass Namjoon in front of the class. Then once high school was started he was getting more violence to Namjoon. But on one of the rare days, Rahoon would spit out his hate toward Namjoon in calmer manner like just now.

Rahoon's mood was going like riding rollercoaster for a year. One day it was really high, and the other day it was quite calm.

For able to draw a connection from all of the clue about Rahoon’s attitudes, probably Namjoon should draw it from the first day he stepped into Rahoon's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter