Second Run

Youth of Lily
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SECOND RUN

No matter how much I run, like a running machine,
the scenery of this city won't change
No matter how serious I become, as I become serious,

 The gear rewinds and rushes.

 

“Hoseok a, why are you going to school now? Eat your breakfast first.” An old lady appeared from inside. She was bringing a bowl of rice that she used for feeding the little girl who came after her.

A boy who had a shortcut hair and wore shabby black blazer uniform sat on the floor tried to wear his sneaker as soon as possible. He looked rushed. With a small tap on his shoes toe to the floor he was checking if he had everything he needed.

“I can't, Halmoni. I’m already late. I’ll buy something in school canteen to eat.” He came closer to kiss his grandmother. “I’m going now.”

“Do you have money to buy anything?” Halmoni shouted at him when he was already running out from the house. No one answer her.

 

The old lady only sighed and looked at the little girl who was standing beside her munching the rice that was fed to her. “That boy should cut down his part time work. Your Oppa try too hard. He should enjoy his high school year, right Hani?”

The girl only looked at her grandmother and opened to be fed. “Halmoni, aaa…”

The old lady once again sighed and scooped some rice to the little girl’s mouth. “Right, you only care about your breakfast. It’s good.”

 

She knew she couldn’t blame the two years old little girl for anything. Her world was too small to understand what was going on in the house. She only understood that when she was hungry she should eat and when she was full she would go playing with her friend outside.

 

“Hara, Howon, you two are still here? Your brother said he’s late already. Are you not going to school now?!” When she was back to the eating table, she saw the two middle schoolers were still calmly eating their food. The two students are in the same age. They are fraternal twins, boy and girl.

“We know, Halmoni. The school is only ten minutes from here. What is the use of rushing things? You just said that Hyung should enjoy his life then you rush ours.” The boy said in half of his sister who tried to put more food inside before rushing to room to her bag.

 

Halmoni once again sighed. Hoseok and his two other sister and brother were completely different personality. One person cared too much about things that he didn’t need to handle at his age. The other two was too careless about things they needed to care about. Sometimes it made her worried about Hoseok’s study when he was taking so many part time works to help the family’s financial.

 

“Just hurry up if you don’t want to be late.”

“Yes, Halmoni.” The boy quickly finished his food and called his sister. “Hara! Have you done? Let’s go to school! Hurry up or I’ll leave you.”

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

I'm fine. I look good.

A boy was standing in front of half body mirror inside the bathroom. He was staring at it while repeating those two sentences inside his mind.

 

His eyes were probably a little bit small but they formed pretty crescent moon shaped when he laughed. His cheek was chubby but it had a cute little dimple on the left. His height was a little bit shorter than normal boy around his age but his feet was working perfectly. He didn't lack of anything. In fact the boy actually looked quite good, but the fear that was growing inside of him still eating him alive even when he tried to lose it.

It had been several months away from that time. He changed his outside look but inside he thought he was still the same boy from a year ago. Cowering under people's stares. He had to chant the two sentences each times he wanted to hide from people. 

 

"Yah! Park Jimin, move your big body from the sink. I need to wash my hand." Someone from his class cut his thought by pushing his body away from the mirror front.

He heard that. Those sentences that the other guy said to him. Big. He was fat. He would become bully victim once again. Suddenly his breath was cut short. He found it was hard to breathe.

"Are you okay?" The other boy looked at him questioning. He stepped closer but Jimin didn't let him. He ran to one of the bathroom stall and locked himself inside.

 

"What the heck with him? He was surely the weird one."

Jimin tried to block his ears. He didn't want to hear any comment from anyone. He didn't bother with the bathroom door slammed close after a while.

He was the weird one. He knew it already. He didn't fit into any society. No matter how hard Jimin tried to change himself, he was still the outcast.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Hey Namjoon, do you know Park Jimin? He is really a weird kid."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter