LINE

Fruit Baskets

It's roughly 7 A.M, only an hour till school starts. Sehun stir in his sleep at the creaking sound of his door opening. His face buried in his fluffy pillow, an arm dangling from the bed as he sleeps dangerously close to the edge of his bed on his bare stomach. He can feel the fan blowing the his dark brown hair and cooling his skin.

 

He heard shuffling at the end of the bed. The blanket and bed sheets were being tug by a tiny being. Suddenly, a small hand grab his ankle to pull the body up on the bed. Instantly, he knew who invaded his bedroom, like every morning.

 

“OPPAAAAA!!!” His little sister screams in his ear, making him jolt in surprise. He turns back around so he was laying on his back. He was face to face with her face.

 

“Sejin-ah, there's other ways to wake me up, you know.” Sehun's voice was coated with sleep. He sat up and stare at the innocent girl holding a stuffed bunny.

 

“If you don't hurry, you'll miss the fruits!” She exclaims and puts her arms up, wanting him to carry her out of his freakishly tall bed. It's time to get his lazy out of bed and get ready for school.

 

Sehun picks up his four year old sister got out of bed. He puts her down and she zoom out of his room. He heard his mom shouting at Sejin, guessing she was running down the stairs again. He went to the bathroom to get ready.

 

The Oh household has a total of nine people, including the upcoming baby. There's Sehun, his mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, and his three lovely sister. They were able to afford a large house because of his parent's business and his grandparents restaurant.

 

“Yah! Who said you can eat my cereal?!” Shouts the oldest sibling, Sekyung. She snatch the box out of Sehun's hand. The male frowns at his oldest sister. He has to eat something. His cereal just ran out yesterday. His hand reaches out for the third oldest sister's, Seyoung, cecreal box. He thought he wouldn't get caught because she was busy finishing up her last minute homework.

 

“Don't even think about it, Oppa.”

 

“Oppa! You can have mine!” Sejin beams next to him. She gave him her Fruity Pebbles and he thanked her. The siblings continue their daily routine. Soon, his mom came down the stairs, ready to go to work with her husband.

 

She pants when she reach to the kitchen. “Gosh, I never been this tired.” She sat next to her kids and lean back into the chair.

 

“That's because you're 7 months pregnant mom. You say that everyday.” Seyoung told her. He smiles at her finished homework, despite her handwriting that she can barely read due to rushing.

 

“Gosh mom, can't you stop making babies.” Sekyung shove a spoon in as she scroll down her Instagram.

 

“I'm still young. You can't blame your father's hand being on me.” She flips her hair cockily.

 

“EWW! MOM!” The Oh kids shouts in disgust at her. Sejin giggles, finding her older siblings' outburst funny.

 

Suddenly, the door bell rang. Seyoung and Sekyung shot their brother a knowing grin, Sejin only squeal in excitement. Sehun roll his eyes and got up to get the door. 7:30, right on time. Every week he's been getting fruit baskets anomalously. At first it was a bit creepy. No one ate the fruits for a few day because they were afraid it was poisoned. But when Sejin took an apple and ate it, they thought it was alright.

 

By the third week, his family been going crazy because there's someone finally likes their stoic giant. They at first didn't believe it was possible but the little sweet notes said otherwise. Sehun thought it was sweet of his stalker.

 

Sehun took the light pink and white basket from the delivery man. The man tip his hat and left to the company's van. Sehun brought the basket to the dining table and set it down in the middle. Sejin stood up on her stair to grab a banana. His mom took the small bag of grapes.

 

His grandparents came in and smile at the basket. His grandpa slaps his hand on the boy's back. “She must really likes you Sehun.”

 

“You should find out who she is and ask her out on a date.” His grandma nudge her elbow at him and took a peach. She went to the kitchen to get a knife.

 

“HA! Look someone would date him. He knows nothing about girls and dating.” Sekyung laughs. Seyoung makes a disgusted face, “Plus he's ugly.”

 

“I think Oppa is handsome!” Sejin beams and jumps into her brother's arms. The father suddenly shows up and took a small note from between the apples. “Good luck on your tournament this week. I'll be rooting for you!” He reads.

 

“Aww, she's so cute.” His mom coos then throwing the grapes in . Sehun's lips curls into a smile as his heart flutter. Knowing someone who cares about him is think about him made him warm inside.

 

“Omo! Is my baby smiling?!” His mom gasps.

 

“OMG the world must be falling,” Sekyung jokes. Sejin jumps in Sehun's arms in excitement and squeals nonstop. The male roll his eyes at his family. What the heck.

 

-

 

“Fatty, wake up.” Shiah moans as she opens her eyes. She saw her younger brother leaning against her door frame. Once he confirm she opened her eyes, he left.

 

Shiah got off her bed and drag her legs to her bathroom. After she brushed her teeth and changed into her uniform, she stands in front of her bathroom mirror. She brushes out her hair and debates on how to style it today. Maybe Sehun will notice her. She wants to look pretty in front of him. She curls her long hair into light waves and braids a strand of hair. Curling a strand behind her ear, she smiles at her reflection, satisfied with her look.

 

“Ew, you look worse than yesterday,” her brother, Hei comments at his older sister in the couch. Shiah rolls her eyes and insult him back, “Same goes to you, Fart Head. Is that a pimple I see growing?”

 

“You kids be nice,” their mom warns them as she carry her baby son out of his high chair.

 

Heesoon babbles as he crawls around the floor. Shiah sits in her chair and took a pancake from the stack on the big plate. Then suddenly, feet were stomping and rushing down the stairs.

 

“Crap, I'm late for work. My boss is going to kill me!” The eldest, Boah ran past her family to get the made coffee on the counter then zoom out the door.

 

There's only seven people living in the Shin's house. There's the parents, Boah, Sooah, Shiah, Hei, and Heesoon. The mother is a fashion designer and the father stays at home to look after his kids.

 

Shiah turns on her phone and go through her Instagram, hoping Sehun updated. Sadly, he didn't. She sighs and go to his profile. But then her dad pops out of nowhere and snatch her phone out of her hand.

 

“Who is this?!”

 

Shiah spits out her pancake and stood up to take her phone away. But since her dad is so tall and she inherited her mom's height, she had to jump to get her phone back.

 

“Omo! Don't tell me you have a crush! Is Sehun the guy?!” Her dad exclaims. Shiah turns her back from him and rub his fingerprints off of her screen.

 

“No,” she mumbles. She wouldn't mind of her family knows her crush, but her dad however. When she was in the third grade, she had a small crush on her classmate. When her dad found out, he stalked him. That caused her classmate to move to another school.

 

“He's just a random dude I found, jeez.”

 

“He better be.” He warns her and move to the kitchen. Shiah rolls her eyes and shakes her head. He'll never change. The last thing she needs is her dad scaring Sehun off to another country.

 

“Hei! Shiah! You're going to be late for the bus!” Her mom yells from the living room. Quickly, the two siblings sped out the door and to the bus. Since they were one of the last ones to board, they had to stand. They stand either way because the elders always take the seats. The bus drops off Hei first to his junior high then Shiah to her high school.

 

When Shiah reach to the gates, she gasps. She hid behind the tree and peek to the side. “Wow, he looks so cool today.” She dreamily said with stars in her eyes as she eyes Oh Sehun walking towards the school.

 

“Ouh?” She tilts her head as she watch the male put a slice of peeled orange. Once he entered the school, she turn around to lean her back on the tree with her hands behind her. She squeals and looks down on the ground. Yesterday was a green apple and today is an orange.

 

There's only a little while til the bell rings and lots of students were outside talking, including Sehun and Shiah. Sehun was talking with his friends while continuing eating the oranges he brought. Shiah's group were in front of Sehun's and she had her back towards them, wanting to listen to what they were saying.

 

“Ooh, I want and orange. Gimme some.” Chanyeol took the orange when handed him a whole. Kyungsoo leans over to Chanyeol, waiting for him to peel the orange.

 

“Dude, you should like find out who the girl is.” Kai nudge his elbow at the younger. Sehun shrugs, “She'll come up eventually.”

 

“Dude, she's a stalker. She's not going to come up. She'll probably think you'll get her arrested.” Joonmyeon said.

 

“I think she's kinda cute. I mean she gives you fruit baskets every week and leave you notes everyday. She doesn't seem like one of those who will sneak inside your bed room and you or something.” Chanyeol said and feeds Kyungsoo.

 

“Hey! You should give her your number. She'll probably freak out that the handsome Oh Sehun is giving his attention to her.” Baekhyun chuckles.

 

Sehun created a firm line with his lips and furrow his eyebrows. Although that seems tempting to him. He wants to get to know who's the girl who have giving him fruits and notes. But there's no way to reach out to her. “And how will I do that?”

 

“You can stick a note on your locker.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“I rather give her your Line user name instead of your number. You never know, we might be wrong about her.” Joonmyeon told him and Sehun nods.

 

“Shiah...” Her friend, Haejung, waves her hand in front of her face. “Huh? Oh.” Shiah snaps out and look at her friends staring at her.

 

“Are you going to join us for shopping on Sunday?” Another friend, Dohee, asks. “Oh yeah sure. It's not like I have anything to do.” Shiah nods at them with a smile.

 

“What's up with you? You've been spacing out a lot.” Nana asks her worriedly.

 

Shiah sheepishly chuckles, “Sorry, I've been stay up all night watching my show.”

 

Her friends rolls their eyes. “Of course, you always do that. But you manage you get up and do your hair. Btw, it looks nice today.”

 

-

 

Sehun was distracted by the little folded note in his hand. He should be listening to his teacher right now but to be honest, almost no one does. He couldn't get the foreign feeling in his chest. He read the note over and over again the past 20 minutes, studying her choice of words, her handwriting, and her little drawings. Today, he got a little chick at the end of his note.

 

Have a good day Sehunnie! Promise me you'll eat instead of practicing today. Do you know sometimes I bump into on purpose just so you can notice me?”

 

Sehun thought about all times his schoolmates bumped into him. There were a lot of students so it was impossible to know his stalker. But there was one particular girl who kept constantly bumping into him. He turn his head towards the girl by the window. She had her gaze outside the window, looking a the school's yard. Her chin was leaned on her palm and her other hand was twirling her pencil. He could tell she wasn't interested in what the teacher is saying.

 

But she couldn't be his stalker right? Sure she runs into him quite a lot but he sees her bump into everyone and tripping everywhere. She was always daydreaming and he had to admit it that he was curious. She's usually quiet so he would almost never notice her. But being a boy who is bored almost all the time, he takes in his surroundings.

 

He noticed her hair. It's different from yesterday when she had two front strands hair clipped back together. She looks cute, he thought. He couldn't help but to be mesmerized by her. But then again, she's one of the beauties in his class.

 

Then, she turns and met his eyes. He saw her eyes widened in surprise. She blush and looks away. He chuckles. It's not uncommon when a girl blush at his gaze.

 

Oh goodness, my face is heating up. But he looked at me. I'm dying.

 

Shiah tries her best to stay calm. Not being able to squeal is quite hard, she thought. Suddenly, she let out a small gasped. What if he found out it was her who've been obsessing over him? Is that why he was staring at her?

 

She stole a quick glance at him. He had already turn his head back to the front. It couldn't be, right? There's no way he found out. She has been very careful around him. Whenever she takes photos of him, she would act like she's typing on it. She used plain line paper so write notes to him. If she used a designed paper then he'll instantly find who she is. She made sure to purposely bump into people in front of him so he wouldn't think he be the only one. Although some of them weren't on purpose. And she only had the delivery man send her the fruit baskets.

 

She shakes her head. No, impossible. There's no way he found out.

 

-

 

“Hey cutie~” Shiah looks up from her notebook when someone sat on her desk. She immediately close her notebook and pull it close to her chest. She saw Jongin being his flirty self.

 

“What do you want, Jongin?”

 

“Your heart,” he smiles cheekily.

 

She roll her eyes at him, “Well, you can never have it.” He pouts cutely at her. Even though Shiah likes Sehun, she has a soft spot for cute things and Jongin is being too cute right now. She has to control her urge to pinch his cheeks and coo at him.

 

“Anyway, why are you still doing here? School's over.” He asks then glance at his talking friends at Sehun's desk.

 

“The bus isn't here yet. Why are you still here? Aren't you and your friends should be at some cafe?”

 

Jongin tilts his head, how did she know they go to a cafe after school to hand out? From what he seen, she never went to that cafe when they're there. “How did you know we go to a cafe?”

 

Shiah tensed up. She scolds herself for being so careless. But good thing she can make things up quickly. “I pass by the cafe almost everyday. And also, you guys always talk about going to that cafe every time. Duh.”

 

They saw Sehun taking tape and slapping it on a back of a note and sticking it on the front of his locker. “What is he doing?” Shiah asks, but she already know what he's doing.

 

“Don't you know, Sehun has a little stalker.” He giggles.

 

“Stalker?”

 

“Yeah, she sends him fruit baskets every week and leave him notes in his locker. Cute right?”

 

“She sounds a bit creepy. Leaving him notes and sending things to his house” Shiah told him, staring at Sehun. She knows what she's doing. She wanted to know if he'll agree calling her creepy.

 

“Yeah but she's not all that creepy. She's kinda cute. She doesn't seem like the type of girl who would kidnap him...I think,” he then leans over to her, “And to be honest, I think Sehun kinda likes her too.”

 

Shiah blushes and looks away before looking up at Sehun. “Well I guess I can't blame her. Sehun is pretty cute.”

 

“Ooh~ Do you like Sehun?” He wiggle his eyebrows at her She rolls her eyes and chuckles, “Yeah, and I also like the other five boys in my class. Just because I called him cute doesn't mean I like him, idiot.”

 

“Hey Jongin, are you coming?” They turn their heads to Chanyeol who's waiting by the door with his friends. Jongin hops off her desk. “Come on, I'll take you home. Your bus isn't coming for 30 minutes.”

 

Shiah press her lips in a firm line before answering, “Okay, I'll be out. Let me get my stuff.”

 

“I'll be waiting outside.” As soon as they left, Shiah got out of her chair and rush to Sehun's locker. She slip the note in the slit of the locker and took the paper off his locker. She quickly shove it in her pocket and went out the empty classroom.

 

Hello Sehun ^^ Did you see me yesterday? Did you like my hair? I made it pretty just for you. My heart stopped when I saw you, I couldn't breathe, you were too handsome for my own eyes. Have a nice day~”

 

“Oh? Is Shiah coming with us too?” Joonmyeon asks when she stood between Jongin and Sehun. She shook her head, “Jongin is driving me home.”

 

“Oh really?~” Chanyeol grins at them with a glint in his eyes. Sehun glares at the taller boy. Jongin slung his arm around Shiah's shoulders, “We'll make a good couple, don't you think so, Honey?”

 

Shiah jab her elbow at his side, making him retreat his arm back to clutch his side. “Of course, Honey.” She said in a mocking tone. She saw her shoes untied and the two laces spread out on the floor. Sneakily, she step on a lace.

 

“Well, I think we should be going now.” She lifts her a foot, making her fall to the side. Of course, the side where Sehun is standing. Sehun reacts quickly and caught her with both hands on her waist and her hands holding onto his biceps. Shiah controls herself of not squish his muscles. It was too hard.

 

“S-Sorry.” She mutters. He reply back a “it's okay” and stands her back up. He crouches down and tie her shoe. Her heart was pounding against her rib cage that she thought her ribs are going to shatter. She couldn't control the butterflies in her tummy as she stare at Sehun. His friends were give them a teasing smile.

 

-

 

Once Shiah returned home, she was greeted by her dad and Heesoon. She picks the excited baby up and walk to the kitchen to get something to eat. Heesoon giggles and bounce in her arms at the sight of his older sister.

 

She pinches his little nose and gave him a toy to play with. She took out some rice and kimchi and sat down in her chair. She place Heesoon down and took out her phone along with Sehun's Line user name.

 

Squeals filled the house and her legs swings excitedly under her chair. She went to the LINE app to add him. Her heart was racing and her breathing became harsh when she taps on his name.

 

Shiah: Hello Sehun^^