Strawberry Milk

Fruit Baskets

The girl stole a quick glance at the boy playing out in the fields. It looks like the player skipped lunch again to practice on his kicks. It has always been like this since the past week. She saw he stop eating lunch to go out on the fields to practice on his kicks. There's nobody to blame, the tournament is coming up next week. But she doesn't know how much longer she can hold in until she scream at him to take care of his health.

 

“Hey, are you going to eat that?” Her friend Nana looks over and eye the pork bread bun wrapped in plastic hidden in a baby blue bag. Her friend was half way done of demolishing her lunch when she caught a delicious looking bread. She wasn't really on planning to eat her friend's bread, at least not now. Just saving it for later.

 

Shiah puckers her lips and stare at the bread before shaking her head. “No, I'm saving it for later. I get hungry in math.” Nana pouts and continue eating her lunch. She then starts rambling on about how she ran into a ert on the bus. Shiah unconsciously tune her out to go in her thought.

 

He haven't eaten, have he? Maybe I should sneak my bread and milk in his desk before class starts. But how? There would be students already in the classroom before I get to it. Okay! I'll just drop my backpack by his desk and slip the food in his desk. No one will know right?

 

“Wow, did you see that ball Sehun kicked?” Nana's word made Shiah snap out of her thoughts. “Huh?”

 

“That ball went zooming into the next. I literally thought that ball was on fire for a moment. But what do you expect, Sehun is the best player on the team,” Nana shrugs with her hands. “Hey, we should go back to class now.” She slaps Shiah's thigh before standing up on the metal bleachers to stretch. “Wow, what a good lunch.”

 

Shiah closed her unfinished lunch with the lid and shove it in her bag. She stood up and walk down the bleachers with Nana. She saw Sehun walking towards their direction with the soccer ball. There was minimal sweat on his forehead and neck since he didn't run as much. His mouth was slightly open to take in oxygen. His eyes were looking straight forward and he can see Shiah's feet walking down.

 

Shiah stares right at him, taking slow steps, waiting for Sehun to come towards her. One step, two steps, three steps, and four. He halts, standing there. She also halts, standing there. She was only two bleacher steps in front him. Maybe, just, maybe he'll notice her and say hi and give her a small smile. Only if she's lucky.

 

Her luck fell when he sat down by his towel and plastic water bottle. He sets the ball down and took his things in his hands. He tilts his head to give his hand towel more access to the sweet in the crook of his neck. She watch him lift up his head as he drink his cool water, watching his beautiful adam's apple moving up and down in rhythm.

 

“Yo, Shiah, hurry up.” She heard Nana calling for her. She quickly remove her eyes on Sehun and dash off to her friend, not noticing that Sehun's gave her his attention.

 

-

 

As planned, Shiah went inside the classroom when she separated with Nana. She clutch onto her bag tightly on her chest. There are more students than she expected, but they didn't give them her attention, only a slight glance. She let out a heavy breath with determine. She makes her way towards Sehun's desk and stops. She looks around to make sure the male isn't going to come in.

 

Not subtle, she s her bag in front of her and lets go. It fell with a light thud. Looking around again, making sure the weird looks given from her classmates went away. She crouch down and slip her hand in her bag to search for the bread and milk. She bites her lip and quickly shoves the food in his desk. Standing up at the speed of light, she scatter to her desk in the corner back of the room.

 

“That went well. I should be a spy or something,” she nods to herself.

 

“Hey Shiah! Buddy, you're here!” A loud and high-pitched voice startled her. She saw the girl take her seat next to her and put her chin in her palms on the desk. Because of her incredibly short height, she swings her legs under her chair. “So! How was your day? Was your lunch good? Because mine was! My dad makes the best egg rolls! Hey, I should give you some next time, he'll be happy when he hears you want his egg rolls! How about it?! Want some?!!” Before Shiah can decline the girl's offer, she got cut off.

 

“Of course you want some! Who doesn't?!” she gasps loudly, “I should bring some for the whole class! My dad would be busy and he'll never be bored! I'll be right back, Shiah!” The classmate zoom out of the class.

 

Shiah blinks at the empty seat next to her. She can never catch up with that girl. She was sure she never spoke a word to her because she's always talking and answering her own questions for her. But Shiah learns to ignore the girl. The girl wouldn't care anyways.

 

Sehun walk through the door and Shiah caught it. She open her notebook and pretends to write something down as she watch the male.

 

Sehun sits in his chair and stick his hand in his desk to get his notebook and pencil case. Until his hand touches something squishy wrapped in plastic. “Hm?” He lower his head and saw bread and strawberry milk laying on his notebook. He takes them out and examine the room, hoping to search the person who put them in his desk. Nobody seems suspicious to him.

 

He was about to put the food back in his desk but his stomach rumbles. Shrugging, he opens the small cartoon of strawberry milk and took a slip. He smacks his lips a few time. He doesn't really prefer strawberry milk because it was too sweet on his tongue. There was something about this one made him keep drinking it. He opens the plastic wrapper and chomp on the bread. His lips tugs into a smile at the take of pork clamp between the bun. It's his favorite, how did she know?