Kai x You

Exo's Horror/Thriller One Shot Compilation

The Murderous and the Suicidal

Kai x You as Tamina Lee

 

 

Tamina drags her black luggage to the lobby and approaches the receptionists. The receptionist smiles at her, “Welcome to Crimson Villas. Can I help you?” Tamina doesn’t reply the smile but her tone is friendly enough, “I booked a villa yesterday.”

 

“May I know your name, Miss?” She asks while flipping through the files.

 

“Tamina Lee.”

 

The receptionist stops her index finger on the paper once she found Tamina’s name. She smiles at first but then the smile fades, showing a concerned expression. Tamina seems to notice the change of her expression but she completely ignores it, assuming that the receptionist is probably tired from work. “Tamina Lee… Villa 13…”

 

Tamina frowns to the receptionist’s doubting tone. However, Tamina shrugs it off when the receptionist flashes a bright smile while handling the key to her. “You villa is 130 yards from the reception. The bellman will you.” The receptionist talks into the walkie-talkie and after a few minutes, the bellman comes.

 

“Please bring her to Villa Number 13.”

 

The bellman’s face changes, “Pardon?” The receptionist nods and repeats, “Villa Number 13.”

 

Tamina glances at the bellman and follows him to the garden. They hopped on the cart and the bellman drives through the narrow road, made exclusively for the carts.

 

Tamina stares at the beautiful scenery, adoring the nature. Once they reach Villa Number 13, both of them hop off the cart. Tamina takes her luggage and enters the villa once she twisted the key into the keyhole.  “Enjoy your stay miss…” Tamina nods to the bellman and he leaves the villa quickly.

 

Tamina looks around. The villa is very big and it shows the view of the lonely woods. Travellers often stay here after a tiring day of jungle trekking. Crimson Villas is nearer than the chalets and the cottages that are placed deeper in the woods. She glances at her watch and it shows 5:58pm. Tamina smiles when she looks at the bath tub from the balcony. The bath tub is placed outside of the villa and people can enjoy the nature while having a sweet bath. She walks towards the bath tub and turns on the water. Tamina takes a white robe from the bathroom to cover her body and then she walks outside to find that the bath tub is already filled with water. Tamina takes a Swiss army knife from her luggage.

 

She sits on the bed and stares at the knife before pulling the left bathrobe sleeve until her shoulders. She touches a newly healed cut with her right hand gently. However, she takes the knife and cut it again. She hisses but she keeps on cutting her hand, slashing it at different places. She cries and grits her teeth before throwing the knife onto the bed harshly. Tamina sobs and cries her heart out, cursing herself for being a coward.

 

Blood comes out from the hundreds of cuts on her hand and the blood falls onto the bedsheets and the bathrobe. The white bed sheet is now stained with crimson liquid, especially the ones where the knife is thrown. The blood from the knife is dripping on the bedsheets, making it obvious that its blood. Tamina has been doing that since she graduated from high school which means, a year ago. Tamina is suicidal. She has suicidal thoughts since last year when her mother suddenly became an alcohol addict and abused her. Her father died when she was fifteen years old, leaving Tamina and her mother. Her mother was still normal after his death, but when she met a new guy from only God knows where; she turned into a monster.  Her mother still paid for her education, but when she needs someone to let go of her anger; Tamina’s the victim.

 

Tamina wants to die.

 

But she’s scared.

 

Every day, Tamina cuts herself, in hope of one day; she’ll accidentally cut her veins and dies. But that never happened… yet. She even tried to walk on balconies with her eyes closed, but she never fell. She tried to cross the road recklessly, but no cars ever hit her. She ended up getting yelled at by the drivers and she apologised, saying it’s her mistake for not looking left and right. She tried to stab herself but…

 

She’s scared.

 

Tamina bits her lower lip real hard, trying to hold back the pain on her hand. She grabs the phone and dials the receptionist, saying she needs a bedsheet change. She hangs up the phone and walks towards the bath tub. Blood flows down from her hand and there are red drops on the brown mat all the way until the outside of the room. The distance between every villa is 50 yards so no one would ever see other people’s bathing in the bath tub. She throws the robe to the floor and enters the bath tub. She cringes to the cold water but soon eases when her whole body is dipped in the water.

 

The bath tub is really big. The bathtub is made of concrete and its colour is dark grey. She tries to look at her own body from the surface but it’s too dark to see underneath. She rests her head and shuts her eyes, feeling the stinging pain on her hand. The blood is still coming out and she didn’t dip it into the water. There is blood dripping on the concrete bath tub but she ignores it. She opens her eyes when she feels something soft falls on her nose. She rubs her nose and realises it’s a cherry blossom. She looks up and sees more cherry blossoms falling from the trees. Some of them falls in the bath tub, making Tamina smiles a little.

 

She rests her head again and shuts her eyes. After a few minutes, she heard the door being open and she takes a peek from the bath tub to the door. A man- who is the room attendant enters the room. He didn’t see Tamina from there but Tamina definitely sees him. As he approaches the room, he finally sees Tamina in the bath tub. He gasps and quickly turns away, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you’re bathing. I knocked the door but no one answers so I came in using the key… I thought you’re…”

 

“No…no… It’s alright. Actually, I need a bandage, an antiseptic wash if you have any and a medication for cuts.” She says. The man nods, “It’s in the bathroom.” Tamina bits her lower lip, “Emm… do you mind to take it? I’m… kind of… you know?”

 

Tamina signals him that she’s and she’s literally in a bathtub. He understands it and nods his head, walking into the bathroom. Tamina takes the chance to get out of the bathtub and wraps herself with the bathrobe. She takes the towel to wipe the water off her legs. Once she’s done, she walks towards the bed and that’s the time where the man comes out of the bathroom. Tamina takes the first-aid kit and thank him. The man stares at the bloody bedsheet and he frowns slightly. Tamina takes the knife and puts it on the table beside the bed.

 

“I accidentally cut myself.” She lies. The man nods his head and pulls put the dirty bedsheet. Tamina hisses when the cloth touches the cut and the sleeves turn red. Tamina takes out the bandage and the iodine. She applies the iodine and then wraps the bandage around her arms. Tamina curses when she finds it hard to keep the bandage to stay on her arm with just one hand.

 

“Do you need help with that?”

Tamina looks at the man and nods. The man kneels beside her and wraps the bandage tighter than she did. He glances at her for a second, “Is this tight enough?”

 

“Yes.” She says. The man then takes white tape to secure the bandage. Tamina stares at his perfect figure and she blushes slightly. She looks at his name tag, “Kim Jongin.”

 

Jongin looks up to her when she accidentally blurts out the thing she should’ve only said it in her head. Tamina looks away, “Thank you.”

 

Jongin smiles, “It’s nothing.” He then gets up and stands up straight, “I’ve changed your bedsheet. Do you need anything else?” Tamina shakes her head, “Nothing else. Thank you.”

 

Jongin nods his head, “Enjoy your stay.” He leaves the villa and she sighs. She jumps on the bed and closes her eyes as she still feels the stinging pain.

 

 

Tamina wakes up the next morning safe and sound. Instead of calling for the cart to pick her up, she’d decided to walk to the reception. She really enjoys watching the nature. Tamina wears a pair of black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt underneath her grey sweater. She lifts her sweater’s left sleeve, revealing the white bandage that wrapped her cuts. She reaches the reception and she feels weird when everyone keeps looking at her. By everyone, it means the workers. The receptionist, the bellman, and some other workers there are staring at her. Tamina walks in the café without any suspicion and orders her breakfast.

 

When she’s about to walk out of the café, she overheard the chit chat between the receptionist, the bellman, and a woman.

 

“She’s not dead!”

 

“How is it possible? Isn’t anyone who stays in villa number 13 dies?”

 

Tamina’s eyes widened. She frowns in confusion and there’s so many questions running in her mind. Why would anyone who lived in villa number 13 dies? And if it’s true, why is she not dead?

“Miss Hwang… could she be the murderer?” The bellman asks. The woman, who is the manager, shakes her head, “Not possible. She has never come here before.”

 

Tamina comes out and walks slowly towards them. The receptionist saw her coming and signals the manager and the bellman to keep quiet. Tamina fakes a smile, “I would like to book a cart for tomorrow afternoon at 12.” The receptionist smile back, “Okay miss.”

 

The manager looks at her and pulls out her hand, “My name is Tiffany Hwang. I am the manager. How’s your first time here? Did you enjoy your stay so far?”

 

Tamina shakes her hand, “Tamina Lee. It’s great. The service is fast and that’s… amazing.” 

 

Tiffany smiles brightly, “Pleased to hear that. Look at the time, I have to go. Nice meeting you, Tamina.”

 

“Same here, Tiffany-ssi.”

 

Once Tiffany leaves, Tamina turns to face the receptionist, “Why would anyone who stays in villa number 13 dies?” The receptionist is taken aback by her bluntness; so does the bellman. Tamina continues, “Why would you still let me stay there even though you knew the possibility of me getting killed is high?”

 

The receptionist shakes her head, “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Tamina sighs, “Please… I want to know what happened. I promise I won’t claim my money back or report you. I really want to know so please…”

 

The receptionist and the bellman stare each other. The receptionist sighs when the bellman nods to her, signalling her to tell Tamina about it. The receptionist leans in closer to the counter, “It’s been two years. Everyone that stayed in villa 13 was found dead after their one night stay. Recent death in that villa was a month ago. Everyone was murdered brutally but no one knows who did it. We called the room haunted but proves that we found didn’t say they were murdered by a ghost. It’s… it’s a person- a serial killer. We didn’t know why the person only targeting people in villa number 13. It’s a mystery…”

 

Tamina nods her head, “That’s why you’re confused about me being alive?”

 

“Honestly, yes.  All of the workers here know about you and we thought you’re dead.” The bellman says. Tamina frowns, “Why would you let me stay here if you know that…”

 

“Miss Hwang is selfish and greedy . She wants money, that’s why she lets anyone stay in villa number 13 even though it’s risky. Please don’t tell her about this. And we would appreciate it if you don’t report this to the police because… no one will trust you. There’s no evidence at all because we deleted every dead customers’ reports.” The bellman says. Tamina sighs, “It’s about ratings, right?”

 

Both of them nod apologetically. The receptionist sighs, “Miss… I think you should get out of here before night time. I don’t think the murderer will just let you go… The murderer didn’t come yesterday, but maybe he or she will come here tonight.”

 

Tamina is scared but…

 

This is my only chance to die.

 

Tamina smiles, “It’s alright. Thank God you got a customer who doesn’t mind to die.”  The receptionist and the bellman stare at her with a frown. Tamina smiles at them and leaves after saying thank you.

 

 

It’s 10pm and Tamina is chilling in the bath tub again. She stares at her bloody Swiss army knife. I did it again… This time, she slashed her right arm and the blood is dripping on the bathtub. She throws the knife to the floor and rests her head to the concrete and shuts her eyes. She slowly opens her eyes after a few minutes. She’s sleepy and she wants to go to sleep.

 

And that’s when she saw someone. There’s no light outside. The reason she could still see is because the dim light from inside the villa is helping her. Her heart beats fast as she looks at the masked man. He’s wearing a black hoodie and a pair of black jeans.

 

Tamina covers her chest by raising her knees to her chest level. Thank God she’s wearing her . “Who are you?” She asks. The man doesn’t speak any word. Tamina looks at his hands and notices that he is holding her knife in his right hand. Could he be the murderer?  

 

Tamina keeps on staring at him and after a few moments of silence, he approaches slowly. Tamina is terrified. She looks at him as he places the knife to , slowly caressing her neck until her chin. The man walks in circle, surrounding the bathtub. She unconsciously dips her right hand into the water, making her gasps and hisses in pain.

 

She stares at her bleeding arm. Just when she wants to apply some pressure on it, the man takes her right hand, making her shocked. The man stares at her hand through the mask, slightly tilting his head. He could feel the vibration as her body is shaking. Tamina swallows hard when the man changes his gaze from her hand to her face. He releases her hand and walks away, entering the dark woods.

 

Tamina stares at his back, “Aren’t you going to kill me?” He stops and chuckles. He approaches her and bends down to align his face to hers, “Interesting…”

 

“Why 13?” She asks. The man chuckles again, “So you knew about me? Aren’t you a brave one to ask me question and keep calm like this?” Tamina stares at him, “I’ve heard rumours.”

 

“Ah… didn’t the management always keep the murders a secret?” He asks mockingly. Tamina gasps when he suddenly puts the knife on again. She holds her breath and he laughs, “Just as expected. You are scared.”

 

“I’ve never said I’m not.” She says.

 

Silence.

 

“Why did you hurt yourself?” He asks, making Tamina frowns, “Excuse me?” He repeats the question and she sighs, “I… want to die.” Tamina could see his eyes become smaller, proving that he’s frowning, “Why’s that?”

 

Tamina shakes her head, “Why do you kill people?”  

 

“Tell me about you first and then I’ll tell mine.” He says. Tamina inhales before starting her story. She didn’t even know why she’s telling everything to a murderer. He listens carefully and he even sits on the edge of the bathtub. He then speaks up, “This villa is only for my girlfriend. No one else can live here except her.”

 

“Where’s your girlfriend now?” She asks. “Dead and buried.”

 

“She died in this villa, because of me. It’s my fault…” He says. Tamina stares at him, “How did she die?” He lets out his dark chuckle again, “I was too angry at her and I drowned her in this bathtub.”

 

Tamina shivers, “Are you going to do the same thing to me?”

 

“No.”

 

The short answer makes her feel relieved. She wants to die but she’s scared. “What are you going to do, then?”

 

“Nothing.” He says. Tamina stares at him, “Why?”

 

“Because you’re hurt. I don’t kill someone who is already injured.” The man laughs and pats her head, “Good night.” He walks away quickly, leaving Tamina dumbfounded. Tamina realises that her knife has been taken by the man. Tamina stares at the dark woods and glances to her bleeding hand. She sighs and leans against the bathtub again.

 

Morning comes fast as she did not get enough sleep last night. Her alarm is ringing like a hell and she finally gets up from her sleep. She hisses in pain and looks at both of her bandaged hands. She does everything in schedule just like two days ago. Eat, have a stroll, eat again, and go back to her villa. Tamina is tired. After showering, she puts on her tank top and a pair of shorts. She changes her bandages and dries her hair. After that, she jumps on the bed while glancing at the clock.

 

9pm.

 

Tamina shuts her eyes tightly. She’s already asleep after two minutes of closing her eyes. Fifteen minutes later, she’s awaked by a gentle tap on her left thigh. Tamina opens her eyes and gasps when she sees the masked man. The man stares at her from the mask and his palm is still on her thigh. He is sitting on the edge of the bed beside Tamina. She sits up straight and pulls her legs, hugging them. “What do you want?”

 

“I want to see you.” He says. Tamina frowns, “Why?”

 

The guy lifts his right hand, gently caressing her black straight hair. Tamina looks at him with a frown. She softly gasps when the man suddenly pushes his face towards hers, pressing his masked lips against her lips. Tamina closes her eyes while his hand is still caressing her hair. Tamina didn’t move. She could feel the plastic mask on her lips. She closed her eyes because the mask he is wearing is disturbing as . The fact that she’s kissing the mask is weirding her out. But she’s too scared to push him away.

 

Tamina feels relieved when he pulls away from the kiss. Not sure whether it’s count as a kiss though. The guy chuckles darkly, sending shivers down to Tamina’s spine. The guy pulls down his hoodie and then slowly, he takes off the mask. Tamina stares at him with a frown, “It’s you?”

 

The man smiles and nods. Tamina gasps when she feels something sharp is pierced through her left side of her stomach. She breathes heavily as the red liquid comes out like a waterfall. She’s about to fall off the bed when Jongin grabs her and hugs her. Jongin pats her back for a few times, still smiling.

 

“It’s alright… Shh, it’s alright.” Jongin whispers when Tamina sobs sue to the pain. Her breathing becomes unsteady and she is gasping for air. Jongin pushes her away and cups her face, “How does dying feels like?”

 

Tamina stares at him while gasping. Jongin uses his right hand to pull the knife from her stomach and throws it to the floor. Tamina stares at the knife. I just got stabbed by my own knife. Jongin looks at her, “It feels terrible right?”

 

Her eyes are slowly closing. She is still breathing heavily, Jongin’s name comes out from as she feels she will pass out soon- or die.

 

“J-Jongin…”

 

That’s when Jongin crashes his lips on hers. Tamina wants to push away as the kiss is blocking her breathing. She then breathes through her nose, still heavily. Tamina kisses him back, gently even though his kiss is rough. Tamina’s body weaken and she grows limp, making her almost fall to a side. However, Jongin wraps his right arm around her shoulders while his left hand holding her face so that he can deepen the kiss.

 

Tamina uses her energy to lift her left hand up, placing her palm on Jongin’s cheek. After a few seconds, Tamina pushes his face limply as her lips stops moving. Jongin pulls away and she finally sees nothing but black. Jongin stares at her face, slowly placing her head on the pillow. He lays her down slowly, “Good night, Tamina.”

 

The next morning, Tamina wakes up in the same position. She realises that Jongin is still there but with his room attendant’s uniform. Tamina watches as he’s dusting the table, not noticing that Tamina has wake up. Tamina pushes the comforter that wraps her body and lifts her tank top up. She saw the blood stains at the left side of her tank top. And then she stares at her fully bandaged stomach. The bandage is wrapped around her body neatly.

 

“Jongin?”

 

Jongin turns around and smiles, “You’re awake.” Tamina groans as she feels the pain. She’s about to press her stomach when Jongin stops her,

 

“Don’t touch it.”

 

Tamina stops and shrugs, “I thought you killed me.” Jongin chuckles, “How can I kill someone interesting like you?”

 

“Interesting.” Tamina repeats and looks down to her wound. Jongin sits beside her on the bed and smiles, “Don’t hurt yourself anymore.”

 

Says the murderer.

 

 

Author's Note 

So this is the first one shot and holy , it's long as . Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more ^^