Chapter 6

Can we be like that?

The first week was a hell for Junhee and Yifan. They weren’t called each other or left any single message. There was no sweet morning message and lovely good night message on their phone. Junhee was cleaning her bedroom on the first month after they seperated when her phone ringing. It was Zitao, Yifan’s cousin.

“noona”

“hi zitao. How are you?”

“can you come here to the hospital?”

“What happened to you tao?”

“it’s not me. It is Yifan ge. He was...”

“have you call Baekhee? I’m busy. Sorry Tao”

“HE IS IN COMA NOONA. HE DRANK A BOTTLE OF SLEEPING PILL. OH ! JUST COME HERE OR ELSE YOU’LL REGRET IT”

Junhee run immediately to the halte nearby and took taxi to bring her to the said hospital. She was afraid of losing Yifan in that way. She couldn’t imagine if Yifan relly had to go to the place that she couldn’t follow. It’d better to see him with someone else than to loose him. When she arrived at the hospital, she was greeted by a worried Zitao.

“he locked himself after you left. He didn’t come out even for taking his meal. His mom didn’t do anything because she thought it was a punishment for being a disobedient son. I came to his room to at least give him some courage. When I successfuly opened the door, I saw him laying on the floor with an empty sleeping pill’s bottle beside him. Doctor said if we were any minutes late, he could be gone” Junhee didn’t have anything to interrupted when Tao told him the chronology.

“Junhee” it was Baekhee. She just arrived at the same time with her.

“Baekhee I’m sorry. It is hard. Let me see him. I promise it won’t long” she begged to Baekhee.

SLAP! Before Baekhee could reply her, Junhee was slapped by Yifan’s mom.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY SON? No wonder, you just like your father. I will kill you if something happen to my son! NOW LEAVE US AND NEVER COME BACK! JUST GET LOST!” she screamed ot top of her lung. She was loved Junhee onc. But when she knew that Junhee was the daughter of a man that she believed the caused of her bestfriend died, she changed 180o. She still let Yifan to be friend with Junhee. So whe she heard that they had a relationship for 2 years, she hurriedly arranged a marriage for Yifan.

“let me see him for a while aunty. I promise I will go after that”

“NO AND NEVER. NOW GO BEFORE I CALL THE SECURITY!” Junhee took a deep breath and then said “I’m sorry because my father did something wrong in the past that hurt you. Bellieve me, my father have no intention to do that. He was wrong, yes I addmit it. But, is it also wrong when you want to make your mother happy? You never know how does it hurt for my mom to hear my father calling out your bestfriend name when he was sleeping? You can call this punishment for my mom. Yes you can.do You want me to suffer like your bestfriend then kill myself? No, you can’t. Because there still tons of way to find my own happiness. I will not kill myself because god has his own plans. If Yifan and I mean together, than we will no matter how hard you push me” and then Junhee went away. She was sad because she couldn’t see Yifan. But she also proud of herself for saying that things. Things that she always hold back in her mind. But she was tired. She want to let it all out so there no more thing that bother her mind.

End of flashback

“you did a right things Junhee.” Said Jongin.

“now what are you gonna do?” Kyungsoon asked while her hair.

“I don’t know. Maybe I’ll take a vacation in New York or maybe I’ll stay there with my family”

“ok we will support every decision you make. Now, you have to eat because I see you are so pale and lost your glow”

“there is one thing that I haven’t told you”

“what is it?” this time Jongin who asked her.

“I’m pregnant 3 weeks and....”

“it is Yifan’s” Kyungsoon cut her.