Chapter III

Didn't See That Coming

It's been a month since Jungkook and Dahae started dating. Jungkook called me sometimes at night just to tell me how's his relationship whit Dahae going. I didn't talk much with Dahae. I rarely talk with people unless they make an efford to talk to me and not makes me feel awkward. I am that person who'd reply your text with just "Haha", "OK", and all that annoying words. Not that I'm rude. I just don't know what to say or what to reply sometimes, well most of times actually. And there are only few people who stand that.
Taehyung, Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok asked me whether I'm still in touch with Jungkook and jept telling me that I should stay away from him. And I would simply say "OK, I'll try." I do try to walk away. But that wasn't easy. I meet him everyday at school. I mean, we're classmate. How am I supposed to erase my feeling for him if I meet him everyday? And the worst part is he came to my house sometimes to wait for Dahae if Dahae had something to do at school since my home is just 1km away from school. How am I supposed to get away my feeling from him any time soon? I don't think I will ever do that.
--------------------
I was studying for mid-test in my room. But my sister came, "There's Jungkook outside. He said he want to see you." and she walk out from my room. I didn't suprise or anything since he came to my house a lot. I close my book and went to the living room.
"Hey." he smiles. I can tell that his smile was forced.
"What's wrong?" I ask him, knowing that he has something to say.
"We broke up. She dump me." I don't know what to say. He looks, different. There's a silent for about a minute. I want to ask what happen but I guess I know what happen. I want to ask if he's ok but I know that he is not.
I just look at him and smile awkwardly hoping that would help. And he say, "I came here right after she sent this." he hands his phone to me. "I thought I'd feel better after I meet and talk to you." I grab his phone and just smile at him. Those words not make me feel special at all. It actually hurts.
I look at his phone and there's a screenshot of Dahae text. She said about how Jungkook was so nice to her and she could tell it clearly that he love her. But she just never love him. That she like him as a friend and not more than that.
I give his phone back and again, smile at him because I seriously  don't know what to say. He went home after about an hour just sitting without saying anything.  We just spend the night with silent. We didn't say anything at all.
I went to my room after he left. And just lay on my bed. I should've feel happy when he said he had broke up with Dahae. Because, you know, I probably has a chance to be with him. But I didn't. He looked so sad. Hurt. Falling apart. And I know that he'll never in love with me. He'll never like me more than just a friend. Just like what Dahae feels toward him. And I see my self in him. And maybe that's why I don't feel happy, because I know how it feels to love someone and never get anything in returns.