Realization

Didn't See That Coming

His name is Jungkook. He is my classmate. We hung out together. We are actually pretty close. We change texts. We talk a lot. We argue a lot. I never thought I have a feeling for him. Until one day, he starts asking me about my bestfriend, Dahae. I have known Dahae since junior high school. We been bestfriend ever since. Dahae is a populer girl. Not only in school, but she has a lot of friends out school, too. She is pretty. Tall. Smart. Kind. She is just, perfect. I even wondering sometimes. No wonder Jungkook has a thing for her, too.

-------------

 

It's been exactly a week since Jungkook ask Dahae's number from me. He would texted her and then called me just to tell me about the thing they talked about. Just to tell me how she was so cute. How she was a really good person to talk to. He sounds so excited every time he starts talking about her. I was just being a good listener to him. And Dahae, too. How the things work really well between them. I didn't really have a thought about their closeness. I just happy for them.

 

 But then one day at school.

 

"Yewon!" shouts Jungkook as he walking towards me.

I look at him, "Yeah?" I replied while i just keep walking to class.

 

"What do you think if I confess to Dahae tonight?" he says. I tilt my head. My heart starts beating so fast. And I don't know what happen to myself.

 

"Confess? About what?" I say as i keep walking to class.

 

"Confess about my feeling to her. I would ask her to be my girlfriend tonight. What do you think?" My heart keep beating so fast, it hurts. I don't know what happen. Heard those words come of his mouth is hurt. I thought I have no feeling for him. I thought I was happy seeing my closest friend together. My mind is blank.

 

"Heeyy. Hellooo. Yewon are you there?" he says as waving his hand in fornt of my eyes.

"Ah. Yeah. It's up to you thought. If you feel like to tell her that tonight, tell her then." I say, coldly. My heart keep beating fast. Oh god what is happening to me?!

 

 "Ok then. Can you please help me, though? Like, I know she would ask your advice later. Can you please convince her? Convince her so she would like to be my girlfriend? Ok ok?" he says as he hold my hand.

 

"Yeah sure." I smile. I can't say no to him. And I realize that I never say no to him. I always say yes every time he ask my help. I can't help but say yes.

 

"OMG thank you so much, thank you, thank you so much." he says, shaking my hand. My heart start beating more fast as he hold my hand. It feels like my heart will go out of my chest. It hurts. A lot.

 

Jungkook is a pretty popular boy in school. A lot of girls have a crush on him. But he always ignore them. He ignores the girls that adores him, but never ignores me. He always ask my advices. He always says that I'm the only girl he talk to about his personal stuff. I never felt anything when he say that.

 

Not until today.

 

 

I Maybe it hutrs because from now on I'm not gonna be "the only girl" again now. And that, when I realize. I realize that I actually like him. And I love him. I realize I love him when I know that he is not gonna be around as much as he used too. I realize I love him, when i know that I'm never gonna be his special girl. I realize I love him, when I know that he will never like me more that friend.

 

-----------------------

 

Later at home I call Dahae. Tell her that Jongkook would ask her out and confess to her tonight. She ask what to do. What should she tell him when he asking her to be his girlfriend. I tell her that if she like him the she should him that she want to. And trying to convice her to open her heart for him. I don't even know why I said that to her when I that it hurts me. All I know is Jungkook asking me to help him, and i did. Despite how hurt it is for me, i did it. Because, it's him.