One

Hello Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“y/n!” someone tapped your shoulder when you tried to reach your favorite cereal on the rack, you turned to the voice owner.

       You were doing your monthly routine, shopping for grocery and your daily needs. Since you wanted to save your time, you went to one of infamous supermarket near your office than your favorite place. You thought it would be nice if you could save your time you can get more nap time when you got home but God wanted to show you something.

       “My dear, how have you been?” she smiled.

You stood in silent and didn’t know how to react because you still couldn’t believe with what you see and the person in front of you was the last person whom you want to meet, at least for the past six months.

       “Are you alone?” she asked you again with her big smile.

       “Mom—” your voice cracked and stuck on your throat. Was it right to you to keep call her as ‘mom’? You didn’t know what should you say and what kind of suitable nick name to call her because everything has changed without you and her even knowing.

       “Dear, you look so skinny.” She rubbed your arm gently, “We miss you, you never visit us for months. Are you busy? You should take care of yourself more, hm?” she said in mom’s worried tone which was hurt your heart.

       You missed her.
       You wanted to visit her.

       You wanted to help her baking and go shopping with her as you used to. But you couldn’t because you no longer have right to do it. You wanted to hug her but you just stared at her and gave her small smile.

       “I’m good, mom..” the word ‘mom’ gave you stab on your heart whenever you said it but you ignored it, you will call her mom as much as you wanted now. “I miss you too, I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you.. my job won’t let me free.” You weren’t fully lying to her, it’s true that you had to go back and forth from Japan to Korea sometimes due your job as animator. Your job was your second reasons to avoid her, the ultimate reason is because you already broke up with her son, Lee Sunghwa which known as Gray, producer and multi talented artist. Your ex-boyfriend who you couldn’t forget even just a second until now because you’re ing love him, so damn much.

        “Ah, is that so? Sunghwa rarely visit me, if he did though it just less than ten minutes. I was worried but now it turns out that both of you were busy, so it makes sense..”

        Mom, we’re busy but not that really busy.
        We broke up.
        Because of my stupid decision and your son hate me so much.

        At that time you really wanted to tell her but you couldn’t, because you promised to keep it as secret, Gray made you promise that. He knew that his mom really like you and expect you to be Gray’s wife soon, and your separation with him would hurt his mom too. That’s why you agreed to keep it as secret and quietly broke up with him.

       The idea of breaking up was yours. Exactly, that was your worst and stupid ever idea. And now you regret it and suffering on your own, you accepted this terrible guilty feeling which have been haunting you as enough to punish you, longing and loving your ex-boyfriend who might already move on because your own stupidity.

       Your mind had flashback to how both of you were so in love with each other.

       “Dear, are you okay?” Mrs. Lee’s voice brought you to the reality.

       You quickly nodded, “yes, mom. I’m okay. Are you here with dad?” you scanned around try to find anyone who looks familiar but there none.

        “No, I’m by myself. Just drop by to buy some snacks.” She smiled while showing her trolley which was full by various snack.

        You chuckled in amuse, “That’s too much for you and dad.”

        “I will save it for Sunghwa then..” she smiled. Oh, her smile reminded you about his son. That guy never let you to forget him, eish!

        “Come in!” Mrs. Lee gestured you to follow her enter the living room.

        Without you could resist and said no, you already arrived at Gray’s parents’ house. It happened naturally, since his mom didn’t have any company so you politely offered her a ride to go home and she asked you to visit her at least to say thank you for gave her ride. You had no intention to do anything further, it’s just because you like her and respect her, she acts like your mom and you wanted to show that you still like her even though you and Gray already broke up.

        ‘I’ll just have tea and leave after.’ You thought to yourself, beside Gray was rarely visit her mom so no chance that he would appear like a magic there.

       ‘Everything gonna be okay.’ You convinced yourself and followed her enter the living room. You felt a reunion when you entered the house, the vibe, the smell of this house, the softness of fur carpet, the white couch where you used to sit there with Gray while eating his mom’s cake. That sweet memory left a bitter and deep wound on your heart.

       “Enjoy yourself, I’ll make tea for you.” Mrs. Lee said to you before she went to the kitchen, you couldn’t bear being alone in the living room while Gray and your memory haunted you, so you walked to the kitchen, joined her.

       “Where’s Dad?” you peeked behind her, checking how she make tea.

       She poured honey to the tea and stir it with spoon, “He probably went to pick his new speaker, you know he’s so impatient to wait the delivery man to send it here.”

       You knew it, your ex-soon to be your dad in law is impatient. Unlike his wife and Gray who has tons of patience, the one and only heritage to Gray is his handsomeness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter