One

A Tale of Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

1

 

We arrive at the old, wooden, creaking, brown house when the sky was already gradually turning from soothing blue and purple into a calming mix of bright red, orange, and yellow. Yuri and Yoona are unloading all of our belongings from the trunk of the city cab and putting them on the sandy ground while Tiffany is paying the ridiculously expensive taxi fee. She then goes to give Yuri and Yoona a helping hand with the luggage, which are now being carried into the house. I stand there, observing everyone. They all have something to do. And then my eyes noticed another figure – a figure that I always see. She was squatting while scrutinizing a strange-looking plant with strange-looking flowers. She picks one of them up and decided to test her taste buds by putting it into . She cringes her entire serene face and spits the thing out onto the ground. And I couldn’t help but smile at such heart-pinching scene.

“Sica ya, don’t eat that.” I say, after I got close enough to become a shadow that hovers over her as I block the sunlight from above.

She looks up at me, covering her eyes from the eye-poking light that was not blocked by me. “I know that by now,” she says, protruding her thin lips out and downwards to form a small pout that only she can pull off.

“Leggo.” I open my sweaty palm to her.

“Where?” she says, still pouting.

“Just come!” I say, grabbing her hand that was idly hanging an inch above the ground.

So we run and run and run until we reach a place that we could call ours; a place where our dearest, most fond memories are called upon. We sit side by side, arm brushing against arm, bare skin touching bare s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter