Piggyback Rides and Paint

Winter Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: 2,834 words 

Kim Mingyu had Wonho slammed against the wall, holding him by his throat. Mingyu brought his gun out. "Don't move" Mingyu threatened before shooting Wonho and dropping him. He glared at Wonho for a small second before running straight over to Wonwoo. He grabbed Wonwoo's chin, in the same manner he always does, still gentle even though he was as angry as Wonwoo had ever seen him, " Are you okay, where are your glasses?" Before Wonwoo could answer, they turned towards the small scoff that echoed through the cave. Mingyu rushed over to Wonho and had him up against the wall yet again. 

    Wonho had never lost his smirk, even while he was clearly in pain he looked as arrogant as ever. "Right pocket" He said with a wink. Wonwoo was astonished at the pure audacity that it would take to even look Mingyu in the eyes whilest he was that angry at him. But even while practically giving up, Wonho was still winking. 

    Mingyu tossed Wonwoo the glasses and grabbed his hand. "We have to get out of here, like now." Mingyu and Wonwoo rushed through the cave and out into the rest of the camp. Wonwoo's throbbing back moving to the back of his mind as the adrenaline hit him. Roughly 10 or 11 soldiers were sitting down, eyeing them angrily. 

    Wonwoo just gaped at them. Remembering the rules, he turned his gape to Mingyu. "Did you- Did you manage to shoot all of them, by yourself?" 

    Mingyu smirked at Wonwoo's question, clearly proud to be showing his work off. In this moment he reminded Wonwoo of a small cat that brought his owner his kill. "I did it all just to save you" Mingyu said with a small wink that made Wonwoo's insides, which were already pretty damn twisty due to the stress, twist and made his cheeks redden, "And, my little damsel in distress, their 5 minutes is almost up, so I'm going to have to do it again. Feel free to offer some help if you'd like." Mingyu jumped from casual and care free to stealthy soldier in a matter of seconds.  

    He loaded his gun up without about 20 paintballs, aimed and fired. Of course his bullets all hit their targets and of course Mingyu didn't need his help; he probably didn't even want it. For some reason that Wonwoo couldn't decipher, the younger enjoyed being Wonwoo's savior. It was something that really grated on Wonwoo's nerves. More than almost everything, he hated being in debt to people, especially one of his dongsaengs. 

    Although it was a nice distraction from battle, he just simply did not have time to dwell on the confusing character that was Mingyu. As he snapped out of his 5 second trip deep into his thoughts and came back to the pressing reality, Wonwoo realized he had gazed off towards something strange. It was a purple looking triangle directly up one of the rock walls.  

    "Mingyu!" Wonwoo turned to see Mingyu attempting to search underneath one of the guards by lifting him up, but calling his name had worked and now Wonwoo had his attention. "Is that it?" Mingyu strained to see the small thing, cleverly hidden, attached in a small kink of the rocks, but once he spotted it he broke out in a grin. 

    "I'll be over there in just a second" the younger said smiling, clearly having lost any and all of his previous anger in the way that he always seems. 

    "No, just.... keep guard" Wonwoo said with a smile as he began to climb the rock wall. Finally, something he could be useful at thanks to his small little private school's favorite P.E. activity. Wonwoo made it up the wall in a matter of seconds and then wedged the small triangle flat out of the crevice it was placed in. 

    Climbing down was considerably more difficult, and Wonwoo began to realize the height and lack of his usual harness. As the utter pride wore off, the fear began to sit in. It didn't help when someone from the side of the mountain, probably situated in another cave, began to shoot at him. Wonwoo tried to maintain his balance, quickly shuffle down the rest of the wall, and avoid the paintballs. He was still at least 4.5 meters up the wall and a fall from this height could hurt him. 

    Mingyu was trying valiantly to shoot at the shooter, but he couldn't seem to find the shooter's location. Wonwoo was only about 2.5 meters from the ground when a shot narrowly missed Wonwoo's hand, so close that some of the paint splattered on him. Wonwoo began to rush down the rock wall now. Wonwoo's foot slipped and as much as he tried to hang on with just his arms, his hands slipped too. Wonwoo hit the ground, right leg first, before falling on his . In hindsight, it wasn't a terrible way to fall, his ankle took all the force and it didn't seem broken. 

    "Finally, I got hi- Oh , Wonwoo!" Mingyu ran over to Wonwoo who was just lying on the ground, trying not look too weak.

    "Ughhhh I mean that hurt, but I think I'm fine. Really, it was barely two and a half meters and I landed on my feet. But could you um, help me up?" Mingyu looked down at Wonwoo with a very worried expression, before leaning down and grabbing his hand. It became very apparent to Wonwoo that he was right in the fact that his right ankle had absorbed most of the fall. As Wonwoo attempted to apply weight to it, he let out a squeak of pain. 

    "Wonwoo" Mingyu whined worriedly, "You're hurt, are you sure you can make it the 3 Kilometers back to camp?" 

    "Either leave me or drag me. We have the flag, let's go" Wonwoo said smiling up at Mingyu. Mingyu thought on it for a moment before wrapping Wonwoo's arm around his shoulder and half-leading half carrying him back to camp. 

    After about 5 minutes, they could hear their competition coming up behind them. This time however, no super soldier was necessary from Mingyu. They managed to get the soldiers from Troop7 off their tails by simply hiding in a ditch for ten minutes. Right as the soldiers passed by them, Mingyu attempted to tickle Wonwoo. Wonwoo barely held in his giggles and he was about ready to kill Mingyu. Although, he still let Mingyu carry him on his back for the remainder of the journey. 

    After that, they traveled mainly in a comfortable silence, exhausted from the battles and just relishing in the lack of bullets flying their way. They'd exchange occasional comfortable conversation. As the camp began to come into view, they could see the sun rising in the distance. 

    Seungcheol came r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter