Kris

Moonchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I. Kris

 

 

 

The moon has awoken

with the sleep of the sun. 

The light has been broken,

the spell has begun.

 

 

 

I will never forget him. The first boy who made me feel beautiful and loved. The one who helped me find my true self.

 

I saw him immediately after first period as the bell rang and students poured out in the hallway. It was hard not to notice him among the sea of people.

He towered over them and even from a distance, I could tell that he was very good-looking. I tried not to stare like the others but I permitted myself to glance at him quickly as I passed by him.

It was only a split second but to me it felt like those scenes in the movie where everything slows down and just one thing comes into focus.

He was gorgeous with his perfect nose and intense eyes. 

Our eyes met briefly and it was so quick that I wondered if I just imagnined it all.

I wonder who this guy was. He was obviously a new student but a transferee in the middle of the school year is a bit odd.I

I stopped by my locker and absentmindedly sorted my books. I was so caught up in my thoughts that didn't notice someone standing beside me.

"Dara!" I turned around to see my best friend, Bom looking a bit irritated. "Hey, Bom, what's up?"

"What's up? I've been calling your name four times already," she said exasperatedly. "Sorry... I was thiking about something," I said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it. I'm used to it. Dara, the girl who's always lost in space," she said and laughed.

 

"Hey, I'm not like that," I said, glaring at her but I knew she was just teasing me.

"If you say so. Anyway, wanna hang out after class?" she asked. I grabbed some books and put them into my bag before I closed my locker.

"Sure. Where to?" I asked.

"Well, Tiffany and some of the others are going to the mall later so I thought I'd go since it's been ages since I last shopped for clothes. And I bet you too," she said and looked pointedly at my clothes with a disapproving look on her face.

"What? This is comfy. I like it," I said defensively. I was wearing a baggy shirt and skinny ripped jeans.

"It looks too comfy. You should wear clothes that show off your figure," she said.

"What figure? I don't have anything to show off unlike you," I said.

"You do! You just have granny style," she teased. She always disapproves of my choice of clothes.

Right now she's wearing jeans that hugged her figure perfectly and a cropped off shoulder top that showed off a bit of her navel.

Next to her I look like a pre-pubescent girl with my nonexistent chest and thin figure.

"Hey, I do not have granny style," I said while folding my arms on my chest. She laughed and said, "All right. Anyway, come with us later?"

I hesitated. Tiffany and her other friends are nice but for some reason, I don't feel comfortable hanging out with them.

"I don't know. Maybe some other time," I said.

 

 

 

Bom opened probably to convince me but suddenly, almost comically, her eyes grew wide and hung open.

I followed her gaze and saw him. The gorgeous guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter