HS: 08

Hot Shot

How nerve wracking can it be to wait for an idol in the toilet? Extremely nerve wracking. So extreme that a doctor would probably prescribe her a ton of meds and recommend she get some counselling. Every second of waiting feels twice as long and she can’t even walk her nerves off because the cubicle is barely big enough for her to take more than one step in any direction.

Knock, knock, knockknockknock.

Tiffany freezes and stares at the partition on her left. It’s her. It’s her. Oh my God, it’s her. She looks down and there it is, a roll of Kim Shortae’s toilet paper.

“T-Thank you very much.”

“Use it well.”

“I will, unnie.”

A giggle. “Good.”

“Uh, I have to go now.”

“What do you think of the musical?”

Tiffany halts, her hand on the latch. “Uh . . . it’s very nice.”

“What about the role of Noyeon? How is she?”

“Very good vocals,” she says, surprising herself.

“How’s the acting.”

Tiffany pauses. Bites her lip. Scrounges her face. “Er . . .”

“Ah, I get it, thanks. That’s all I wanted to know.”

“I’ll get going first then.”

“Enjoy the show, Smiling Petals.”

“Y-You can call me Fany.”

“Fany. Nice name.”

“Uh, thanks. Your name is very nice too.” Why am I saying this? Am I out of my mind?

“Thank you.”

“Bye.” Tiffany hurries out of her cubicle and dashes to the door. She pulls it open and jumps in shock when she almost runs into a girl. “Oh my God. Hyoyeon. You’re here.”

“Yeah, of course I’m here. I told you I would be here, didn’t I?”

“Oh, sorry. I forgot.”

“And what are you doing with a roll of toilet paper? You’re acting so weird right now . . .”

“Ah, I’m sorry, but I gotta go,” Tiffany mumbles as she stuffs the roll into her bag and brushes past the taller girl, her heart threatening to burst out of her chest. She brisk walks to the theatre and melts into her seat when she finally reaches it.

“You alright there? What took you so long?”

Tiffany turns to her friend, Sooyoung, a fellow fansite master better known as Dungiewaifu, and pulls a smile. “Yeah, had a cramp before but I’m alright now,” she lies.

“Will you be able to make it through the show?”

“No problem. I’m okay now.”

“You know, I saw a few fans looking at you as you came in. I think you’re famous now,” Sooyoung chuckles.

“What? No way. Why would they look at me?”

“They probably recognised you from the photos.”

“Oh .”

“It helps that you’re pretty too. They gave you a nickname you know.”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me.”

Sooyoung grins. “Shoelace damsel.”

Tiffany groans. “Please tell me you’re joking.”

“You really need to get on Twitter and backtrack. You’re lagging behind time.”

“I spent all my time dealing with DMs when I got on. Now, I don’t really feel like reading those tweets . . .”

“They’ve done all sorts of memes with the photos you know.”

“Please, don’t show me. No.” Tiffany tries to avoid looking at the picture on Sooyoung’s phone but her friend puts the phone right in her face. “Oh God.”

There it is. In Super AMOLED 518ppi display. She on the stairs. Shortae on one knee, tying her shoelace. The background had been changed into that of a warzone in sunset. Oh God. This is too much.

“This is even better.”

Tiffany groans when Sooyoung flicks the next picture into view. Shortae as herself in Noyeon’s field doctor outfit, shoelace undone. Tiffany’s face on Dikin’s body, kneeling on one knee to tie the shoelace for Noyeon. This is terrifying.

“That’s not all.”

Tiffany covers her eyes. “No . . . please, no more . . .”

“Come on. Look. This is hilarious.”

Sooyoung is tugging on her hand so it slips and she catches sight of the picture.

Cf5R2MZWEAAykIh[1]

Oh God! Fanart? She has fanart with Shortae?!

Tiffany is still in shock when the lights go out, replaced by spotlights on the stage. Oh great. She’s supposed to enjoy the music in this state. Like how?

The scenes go by just like the few times she’s watched before so she is relatively calmer after the first half of the show. And she’s beginning to enjoy the show again when out of the blue, for no apparent reason at all, Taeyeon’s character, Noyeon leans in all the way and plants her lips on Dikin’s.

“NOOOOOO!” Tiffany screams.

People all around her turn and stare. Even the actors on stage jump in fright. Taeyeon especially. Their eyes meet for the quickest of moments and Tiffany sinks deep into her seat, blushing red like a tomato.

“Sorry, sorry,” she apologizes. There’s nothing she wants more to do than to melt into the carpet and disappear from this theatre right this instant.

[o]

a/n: I used @jujiirRPG’s fanart for this. adorable, isn’t it? ^^