HS: 11

Hot Shot

I’m really curious. Why toilet paper?

Taeyeon

Tiffany stares at her e-mail in disbelief. Is this really the too-short-too-pale-but-has-a-good-voice Taeyeon sending her random emails in the middle of the night now? At the same time, this is a difficult question to answer. Should she come clean about the sasaeng threat, or should she whip up a story about toilet paper ?

Actually, I was being threatened by a sasaeng to find out which kind of toilet paper you use. But I didn’t tell the sasaeng anything even when the person threatened to expose me, I swear. And I’m sorry I even thought about using the information to save my reputation.

Fany

A sasaeng threatened you? But you didn’t tell the sasaeng in the end? Has the sasaeng done anything to you?

Taeyeon

It might have been a bluff, because the sasaeng has not done anything since then.

Fany

I’m happy to hear that. Thank you for keeping that information to yourself.

Taeyeon

I should never have considered helping the sasaeng. I’m sorry.

Fany

You did the right thing in the end. Thank you for protecting me even though you were at danger yourself.

Taeyeon

You don’t have to thank me.

Fany

I’m thanking you because you helped me even though you’re not a fan of mine.

Taeyeon

But why are you talking to me like this? Why did you pass me your toilet paper? I’m not even your fan.

Fany

Precisely. That’s why.

Taeyeon

Tiffany doesn’t understand what Taeyeon’s reply means.

But why?

Fany

Why not?

Taeyeon

Why not? That’s a good question. Tiffany has never considered the possibility of ever becoming a friend of an idol . . . but are they even friends?  What are they exactly? What does Taeyeon want out of this?

I don’t know why you would want to do this.

Fany

I’m bored. You caught my eye.

Taeyeon

How did I catch your eye? I wasn’t doing anything.

Fany

Precisely.

Taeyeon

Tiffany finds herself smiling at the too-short-too-pale singer’s reply.

You’re weird.

Fany

That’s what my fans say.

Taeyeon

A laugh erupts. Good thing she’s home and not at school or her friends will think she’s crazy. Not that they don’t already think that way . . .

But I’m not your fan. :P

Fany

So what are you.

Taeyeon

A stranger.

Fany

Are we actually chatting over e-mail like friends right now? The situation is surreal to Tiffany.

I know your name and you know mine.

Taeyeon

What does that mean?

Fany

It means whatever you think it means.

Taeyeon

Does that mean we’re friends?

Fany

Do you want to be my friend?

Taeyeon

Sure. Why not? I may not be your fan but you’re okay.

Fany

:) So I’ll see you at the radio station tomorrow.

Taeyeon

Why?

Fany

I’m going to be the DJ tomorrow. Don’t you know?

Taeyeon

Nope.

Fany

Now you know. I’ll be expecting to see pictures. Smiling Petals.

Taeyeon

Pinching her arm hurts. This can’t be a dream, Tiffany reasons as she rubs the sore spot she just pinched. This literally is Taeyeon, the too-short-too-pale singer demanding for pictures of her at the radio station tomorrow. Is this even real?

Her mobile phone beeps and her heart jumps. It’s a DM on Twitter. Has the shady sasaeng finally unleashed hell on her? A quick check reveals it is simply a DM from a friend asking about tickets to HUD’s musical. It is not the shady sasaeng. This is unbearable. It has been ten whole days of nerve wrecking notifications of new mentions or DMs. She can’t take much more of this. It’s time to face the music. If it is to be faced.

Tapping on the sasaeng’s display picture on her KakaoTalk then the voice call icon starts up the voice call. Tiffany is determined to get some answers straight from the horse’s mouth. Unfortunately, the call is not answered. Unwilling to give up, she makes another call. Hmm, strange. Something is ringing in the next room. What’s that sound?

Tiffany ends the call and walks out to investigate. The sound seems to have stopped, however. She makes another call, wondering if she had imagined the sound but it starts again. Wait a minute . . . this . . . can’t . . . be . . . Tiffany ends the call and the sound stops right after. In utter disbelief, she makes the call one more time and almost immediately, the ringtone begins in the next room as well.

Well. me. The shady sasaeng’s phone is in the room next to hers?!

[o]

thc