Tonight

Ferris Wheel

3 hours later... In Cakeshop Bar.

 

Chaerin and her girl posies were in one table having fun taking pictures and nodding their heads along with the beat of the heavy electro music filling the entire bar. Meanwhile, Jiyong and Harin are with their own squad having their fair share of drinks. While turning up to the DJ's sound mix, the two "undercover guards" of the blonde were eyeing her every move.

 

"What are you guys doing?", Xin asked, obviously weirded out by Harin and Jiyong's actions.

"We're looking after Chaerin. Sshhh..", Jiyong replied, not taking his eyes off their subject.

 

Xin followed the trail of their sight and found Chaerin laughing with Soojoo, Yoon and Ahreum on the table across theirs. He chuckled even more with what's happening before him.

"Chaerin never changed, did she? Still a chick magnet. I envy that girl sometimes.", he said before sipping another shot of tequila.

"Yeah yeah, now be quiet.", Jiyong reacted, clearly uninterested and just watched after Chaerin.

"Where is Dara noona anyway?"

"Seriously, shut up Seungho. Dara noona isn't here. She's in YGK+, having some meeting or something.", Jiyong grunted, calling Xin by his real name.

"Dude, why do you care so much anyway? This is why you're always involved in the love triangle with the real couple.", Xin said as he stood up and grabbed Jiyong the arm. "You need to have some fun, let's go by the DJ."

Harin saw the two guys leaving her in her seat. "Oppa!"

Jiyong just mouthed at her, "I'll be right back.", which Harin responded with a frown.

 

Xin dragged the Big Bang leader away from the table while the latter was trying to get away but he couldn't. "Wait.. Seungho, I have to watch after Chaerin!", Jiyong shouted. Fortunately, the room was noisy that his voice was quickly drowned by the loud music.

"I promised noo-"

"Save it, Ji. Have a smoke.", Xin interrupted him by giving him a piece of cigarette.

Jiyong sighed in defeat and took the stick and lit its end. I guess nothing bad will happen...right? What could possibly go wrong?, he said to himself.

 

 

Meanwhile, Chaerin was still chatting with her girl friends. Sure, she was having fun but she can't help but still get worried that Dara is not with her tonight. It's not really worry but jealousy. She can't believe that Dara didn't want to be with her and chose to hang out with her model friend instead. Chaerin palmed her forehead with the painful thought and the jealousy twisting inside her.

 

"CL, what's wrong?", Yoon asked her.

Chaerin took her hand away from her face to look at her. "Nothing, I guess the vodka just kicked in a bit."

"Aww, Chae..", Soojoo, who's sitting beside her, cooed while reaching her hand out to cup her cheek.

Chaerin suddenly got taken aback with the contact. The moment she blinked her eyes, she saw the beautiful face of her brunette girlfriend in front of her, touching her. She placed her own hand on top of the girl's hand cupping her cheek.

 

"Baby.."

 

"..Chae..?"

 

Chaerin recovered from her daze when she heard Soojoo's voice calling her again. She quickly took the latter's hand away from her face and scooted a little further.

"Uhm, I think I gotta go to the toilet. I'll be right back.", she excused herself quickly and paced across the people getting crowded in the middle of the dance floor.

 

The rest room was luckily empty so she put her hands on the sink counter and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Chaerin noticed how red her face is. She doesn't know if it was because of Soojoo's touch or just the alcohol taking effect within her system. Or if it is her embarrassment showing after imagining Dara. She exhaled deeply as if catching her breath after running a marathon. What is happening to me?

Chaerin fished her phone out of her pocket and decided to text her girlfriend.

 

"To: Darong

Hey.. Are you really not coming?"

 

She pressed send then contemplated to write one more message. While she was about to send it, the door opened which alarmed her. She turned her head to the door and saw Harin coming in. The younger Lee saw her heading in the rest room so she followed her, thinking there might be something wrong.

"Hey..", Harin called.

Chaerin leaned her lower back on the sink and focused on her phone again. "Hey.."

"Are you okay?"

 

"..."

 

Chaerin was just staring at the screen, seemingly hesitant to send the other message. She looked again at her sister just staring at her with deep concern pooling in her eyes before pressing send.

"Is it Dara unnie?", Harin lifted the question.

Before she could say a word, Chaerin felt her phone vibrate. She opened the message and read it silently.

 

"From: Darong

I'm having dinner with Hyoni and Eun Kyoung unnie. Sorry, I couldn't be with you right now."

 

Dinner with Hyoni...I couldn't be with you right now. Those words hit Chaerin like a huge truck. She gripped her phone tightly and hung her head low before dropping the phone carelessly on top of the sink counter then leaving the rest room without a sound. Harin was shocked by the sudden coldness that surrounded her sister when she passed by her. She picked up Chaerin's phone, still lit up, and found her conversation with Dara.

 

Oh no.

 

 

Back in Gangnam..

 

Dara was texting under the table while Hyoni and Eun Kyoung were busy chatting. She just received a message from Chaerin asking her if she's really not coming to the afterparty. She wanted to go but she can't just bail on her friend and the YGK+ CEO just to get drunk with her girlfriend. When they felt Dara being silent, Hyoni called for her attention.

 

"Unnie, what is it with you?", Hyoni asked which made Dara pause from typing words on her phone.

"What?", she glanced at the two ladies looking at her curiously.

"What are you doing? You seem so quiet."

Dara peeked under table again, where her hands are hiding while holding the phone, and tapped send quickly before she replied. "Nothing, I just got a text.", she let out a breathless chuckle before continuing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be quiet."

She bowed her head slightly and brought her hands back on the table, laying her phone flat beside her plate, then took her glass to gulp some water to ease her tension. She just denied her girlfriend again, this time, through text. Dara mentally slapped herself for being such a terrible girlfriend.

"Would you please excuse me for a second? I'll just go to the rest room."

The two nodded in response before she made her way out of the dining area.

Hyoni, who was sitting beside her, caught Dara's phone light up by her side and saw the brief notification displayed on the screen.

 

"From: Baby Rin

I miss you, baby. Please come."

 

Hyoni inhaled slightly as her eyes widen at the sudden revelation she unintentionally discovered. I was right about them.

 

Dara finally came back to the room, making Hyoni sit up straight as if acting not suspicious or anything. "So, where were we?", Dara questioned after sitting down, looking at her two companies for the night.

"Ahm, Eun Kyoung unnie. I think Dara unnie and I should go now.", Hyoni stood up and bowed at her boss.

The female CEO was a little confused by the two ladies but she just decided to let them go. "Okay, then. I'll see you both soon.", she nodded and bid them goodbye. Meanwhile, Dara was as confused as Eun Kyoung when she looked at Hyoni. The tall girl thanked the CEO before she turned to her and pulled her gently by the arm to make her stand. "Come on, unnie."

"Uh, Hyoni..", Dara was cluless on what was happening so she just followed Hyoni and turned to Eun Kyoung with a confused gaze. "Thank you for the meal, unnie." The middle-aged woman just smiled at her as she went out.

"Hyoni!! Where are we going?", Dara ran after Hyoni who was walking ahead of her. The latter stopped on her tracks and turned to the smaller girl and said, "To Cakeshop."
Dara halted as well when she heard her reply. "What?"

Hyoni just smirked and put a hand on Dara's shoulder.

 

"You know what I mean, unnie. I'm taking you to CL-ssi."

"Why..? Why do you have to-"

"Sorry.. But I.. I saw a text on your phone while you were in the toilet and..", Hyoni paused when Dara took her phone in her purse and saw the message Hyoni was talking about.

 

The smaller girl kept staring at the text she received from Chaerin so Hyoni decided to continue. "I had a feeling that you were not single all this time. And to be honest, I'm not all that surprised that you're with her."

Dara looked up at Hyoni who was scratching her head awkwardly. "So.. Should I take you there..or?"

 

A smile formed on Dara's face before nodding her head. "Thanks, Hyoni. Let's go.", she beamed at her before heading towards the parking lot.

 

 

 

[A/N] Hi everyone! Remember this fic? Well, since it's the anniversary of Chaera's hug in Cakeshop today, I decided to update this story again to celebrate it. I'll do my best to finish the story this weekend. Thank you for waiting so patiently. Comments would be well appreciated. ^^