The Unwanted Game of Self-Denial

Ferris Wheel

 

 

 

The rest of the day went by faster than they thought. As Dara has wished, they ate some burgers and fries from In-and-Out, as well as the heated kimchi rice. They talked about their past schedules throughout the months when they were separated. Both felt very proud of each other's milestones with their careers. Despite their individual success, both can't help but miss the times when they do wonders together, as a group, performing in front of their beloved Blackjacks.

In between their itineraries for the day, Dara would post her selfies online from the previous days that she has spent in LA. One post was an obviously cropped photo of herself with the caption, "Let's be happy let's be happy" in Korean. Chaerin was apparently sitting beside her during the photo and was the one holding the selfie stick. The younger girl asked why she was cropped out which Dara replied that they were in a secret trip and she knew that Chaerin didn't want her to post a picture of them togther during their stay there. It was then that Chaerin realized how painful it is to actually keep this trip in secrecy. She understood how Dara felt these past few days. However, she just shrugged it off and smiled at Dara for being such an understanding partner.

 

The night was already deep but it's still considered as young for the couple who were still enjoying only each other's company under the huge and cozy Beverly Hills house. Chaerin was in her two-piece white bikini doing laps along the pool while Dara, who's sitting by the edge of the pool with her legs dipped in the water, wore a white fishnet over her black swimsuit.

"Are you sure you're not gonna jump in, babe?", Chaerin asked as she swam her way to middle of the pool, aligned to where Dara was seated.

The brunette shook her head before she swayed her legs back and forth alternately underwater. "I'm fine, Chae. The weather's too cold for me to swim."

"Okay..", Chaerin said before she did a few across the water.

Dara was lost in thought again while watching the blonde swim gracefully from end to end. She remembered when she first saw Chaerin swim during their photoshoot-slash-vacation in the Philippines. She was surprised by how good of a swimmer the younger girl is since she thought she was someone who "could sink right away". The blonde just laughed at her unnie's judgment of her that it became deeply engraved in her heart. Chaerin didn't think that eventually, she would actually sink right away, this time deep in love with that same person who said so.

Meanwhile, Chaerin saw her girlfriend smiling by herself. She was curious about what Dara was thinking about so she dove in and moved towards Dara's direction. The brunette screamed in surprise when she felt Chaerin grab her ankles from underwater.

"Sorry to scare you, Darong. I was just curious about what were you smiling about.", Chaerin said while pulling herself up on the edge to sit beside Dara.

"I just remembered when I first saw you swim during our vacation in the Philippines.", Dara smiled again.

Chaerin grinned as well as she was reminded of that precious moment. "Good times, right? I always love it when we go on vacations. How about this vacation, babe? Any good memories?"

Dara bowed her head a little to look at her feet still swaying under the water. "Everything was very memorable these past few days. We may have had a little misunderstanding along the way but..", she paused to look at Chaerin softly. "I loved every second being with you. You know that I always treasure all the moments I make with you, Chae.."

Chaerin couldn't stop smiling at her sweet girlfriend as she laced their fingers together. "Me too, baby. Me too.."

Dara leaned her head on Chaerin's shoulder while they enjoyed the comfortable silence surrounding them at the late hour.

"Chae.."

"Hmm..?"

"I just remembered.. What will happen to the photoshoot we did with Jeremy if it wasn't really part of the line up?"

"Well.. Jeremy told me that he will keep them in his fashion portfolio for a while because it turned out really good. And.."

Dara sat up straight to look at Chaerin. "And..?"

"And.. He told me to give you the pink Moschino bag as a token once we arrive in Seoul. I told him you loved it so he says it's a gift for being a great muse.", Chaerin added.

"Really? Oh my god!", Dara squealed in joy before tackling Chaerin into a big hug.

"You're the best."

Chaerin, still smiling, buried her face to Dara's neck as they stayed at each other's arms until she pulled her into the pool.

"Tcha!! Chaerin-ah!", Dara yelped when she surfaced to the water. "C-cold! Cold!"

She was still in her place, shuddering due to the cold temperature of the water combined with the cool night breeze. Suddenly, she was back to those arms that pulled her in the water.

"Don't worry, I'm here. I'll warm you up."

Dara turned around to face Chaerin while still locked in her embrace. Her own upper limbs were crossed in front of her chest because she was still cold. "You could have..found another way to be..cheesy, Chae. Not by getting me wet.", she stuttered.

"There is no other way, Darong.", Chaerin replied. "There is another way to make you wet though."

"Byuntae!!", Dara pinched Chaerin's nose while the latter just giggled.

"Ow.. Fine, just think of this as another precious memory."

Dara smiled playfully, "Make it more memorable for me, then."

"My pleasure..", Chaerin said before she pulled Dara in to a searing kiss.

It didn't take long before Dara felt warmer than she was a while ago. She felt her back touch the cold wall of the pool, giving her chills again as Chaerin's tongue her lips, begging for entrance to . Dara moaned at the feeling of her lover's soft tongue exploring her wet cavern. The blonde traced Dara's petite but well-structured body. Chaerin trailed her lips from Dara's mouth to her jawline then stopped by her neck, gently on her girlfriend's pulse, while her hands made their way to her firm and squeezed it before pulling her closer.

Dara entangled her fingers on Chaerin's blonde hair while her other arm wrapped its way around Chaerin's neck as the younger girl kept pleasuring her with hot kisses, even biting her soft skin a little, leaving tiny red marks on her neck. She felt Chaerin's right hand going inside her and started rubbing two fingers against her center underwater as her other hand was still on her cheek.

 

"Uhhn, Chae.."

"Feel me baby.."

 

Chaerin captured Dara's lips with hers again, swallowing her lover's moans as the latter continued to grind against her, feeling the ecstasy growing within her body.

"We should continue this in bed.", Chaerin said breathlessly after their passionate kiss.

"Yeah, you guys should go to bed before the pool gets dirtier.", someone said, much to the couple's shock.

They both looked at the owner of the voice who was leaning by the door frame, a smirk evident in her face.

"Harin-ah... Uhm. How long have you been there..?", Chaerin suddenly stuttered after seeing her younger sister.

"Not long enough..", Harin replied in a playful tone.

"Aigoo!", Dara cried in embarrassment, covering her eyes with her knuckles, knowing they were caught.

They all just laughed uneasily at the very awkward situation they just got into as the couple get out of the pool. Even Harin realized how embarrassing it was to interrupt her unnies' intimate moment but she had to make them aware of her presence somehow. As soon as they wrapped themselves with a big towel, they greeted Harin a good night.

"Good night Harinnie. Uhm, sorry for that..scene..", Dara shyly muttered, her face still blushing.

"No worries, unnie. Good night!", Harin giggled at her cutie pie but not-so-innocent unnie as the latter headed to their room.

"So.. I guess you guys had a good day..", Harin smirked again at her sister who clearly had a great day with her girlfriend as shown by her signature eyesmile greeting her.

"You bet, sis. And it's still not over."

Chaerin winked at her dongsaeng before following Dara to their room to resume their steamy love making session.

 

"Don't be too loud, unnie!"

"Shut up, Harin!", she heard her Chaerin unnie said, making her laugh before she made her way to her own room.

 

 

 

3 days later...Back in Seoul.

 

 

 

~2NE1 Group Chat~

Bom: So you two made up already?
Dara: Yup! ^^
Bom: Let me guess, she bought you ramyun..
Dara: No.. She bought me kimchi rice, instead.
Bom: Eh??
CL: They were out of ramyun, okay? The kimchi rice was still good though.
Bom: Aigoo.. Food is really the way to go with Darong.. >.<
Dara: Yah!! Says the one who would marry a corn if she could. :P
Bom: Hul! Keep my oksusu out of this, Ssantokki!
CL: Lol! Anyway, thank you for the help, Bommie unnie. :)
Bom: Anytime, Chaerinnie! ^.^
Dara: ...She called you back then?
Bom: Yup, your baby was really sad that day.
Dara: Ayoo~~ my Baby Rin..
CL: Aigoo!! These ahjummas! So, Bommie unnie, when are you free? We should have lunch again soon.
Bom: Why are you asking me? You kids are always the ones who are busy. I'm free as a bird here.
Dara: Chaerin-ah, I thought you have that party to attend with the +82 squad?
CL: ?? Is it Thursday already?
Dara: Yes, babo!!
Bom: See what I mean? -.-'
CL: Sorry unnie.. Aish, I missed the exhibit already.. No wonder Jiyong oppa missed me a call.
Dara: You're phonecall buddies with Jiyong again?
CL: I'm not! Since when were we phonecall buddies? Aigoo, this jealous rabbit..
Bom: Sigh...I'll leave you two here.. I'm just gonna attend my sister's rehearsal for her recital next week. Don't bother to call me until you both are free, you busy bees.
Dara: I'm not jealous!
CL: Then why won't you come with me?
Dara: Aigoo, Bom went out again.. I don't want to, Chaerin-ah. Besides, I'll be meeting with Eun Kyoung sajangnim..
CL: ? How come I didn't know you're gonna meet her today?
Dara: Well.. She just contacted me yesterday about it. She said, she'll talk to me about going to Jeju.. Also YGK+ has booked me to a magazine feature in Singapore and I'll be shooting it next month..
CL: Oh.. That's great, baby! I'll miss you again though. But what are you going to do in Jeju?
Dara: Uhm.. They talked to me about guesting in Hyoni's V Live..
CL: Wait.. What?
Dara: Gotta go, baby! Hyoni's calling me! Love you! Chu~
CL: Dara!!!!

(Online members: 1)

 

"Aish! She's gonna be doing something with Hyoni-ssi again?", Chaerin grimaced at the thought. Kang Hyoni grew very close with Dara since they worked together in YG's latest web drama, We Broke Up, despite portraying opposing love interests of WINNER's Kang Seungyoon's character. Chaerin couldn't help but feel jealous of her sometimes since Hyoni hangs out a lot with her girlfriend while she's away and she seems to be a very great company as well.

Chaerin groaned louder as Dara escaped her again. Her phone vibrated in her hand, hoping it's her girlfriend. She looked at the message, it's Soojoo.

"CL, are you still coming? Jiyong and I are waiting for you. We'll be having our late lunch in an hour. You know where to go, right?"

Chaerin sighed. She can't do anything but to go. She texted back, "Yeah, I'll be there. See you later." She didn't want to be alone going to the club later, even with Jiyong and Soojoo there. If only she'd come, she thought of her beloved petite girlfriend. She had no choice but to bring Harin with her again. She fired a text message to her dongsaeng and not a minute or two later, Harin replied that she'll just make it to the Cakeshop afterparty because she's been coping with her own friends. I guess it's better than none at all. She shrugged before going to the bathroom to take a shower.

Stripping herself before the shower place, her phone chirped again. Chaerin grabbed her phone inside her robe's pocket and opened the message.

 

"Baby Rin~ Sorry I left you in our chat a while ago. Don't worry, okay? I'll be a good girl. And stop being jealous, babo. You know I'm yours, right? Enjoy the party later, but not too much with the drinks or I'll punish you! Saranghae.. Bbyong!"

 

A soft chuckle escaped Chaerin's lips after reading Dara's dorky but sweet text. "Who said I was jealous?", she murmured in denial to herself as she returned her phone in the pocket and stepped in front of the shower arm. You better be a good girl, Ssantokki.

 

 

Heading to Gangnam..

 

 

"Aish, this cold leader really..", Dara groaned as she was waiting for her girlfriend to reply but she got nothing. Hyoni was driving her car to YGK+ headquarters to meet with their CEO, Ko Eunkyoung. The young model noticed her friend's annoyance and she can't help but bring it up.

"What's wrong with you, unnie?", she took a quick glance at Dara seated at the passenger seat. Hyoni noticed the unhappy expression painted on the smaller girl's face.

"Nothing, Chaerin is just being a snob, I hate this girl sometimes.", Dara replied.

Hyoni chuckled at the irritated response she received. She didn't know that Dara could be so peeved off with a simple thing.

"You? Hate CL-ssi? I don't buy it, unnie.", Hyoni said, still laughing quietly as she made a turn to the next block.

Dara suddenly looked at the model, slightly taken aback by what she said. "What do you mean?"

Hyoni just shrugged a bit. "You know, you love your members too much that you always talk about them, especially CL-ssi. She seems very special to you.", she paused to look back at Dara for a second, "I can tell..just by the way you're acting right now."

Dara instantly smiled at her. Am I really that obvious?, she thought.

"See, you smiled. I'm right.", Hyoni smirked.

Dara laughed softly. "Yeah, she's very special to me. She means everything to me.", she suddenly said without thinking while she was playing with her fingers. Her last statement made her widen her eyes in surprise and bite her lip shyly.

"Oh.. Wow, you guys should be a couple. I must admit, you two look cute together.", Hyoni giggled as she joked, unaware that she's already stating a fact. "I remember when you two walked the red carpet together during the cancer event. Eun Kyoung unnie and I were very stunned by the two of you."

"Ah, really?", Dara laughed uneasily. "Well, she's..", she was carefully choosing her words since she doesn't want to deny Chaerin but she has to be discreet.

"Chaerin and I share this unique and special bond. We just..click.", she ended with a big smile.

Hyoni nodded in response and smiled. "Well, CL-ssi is lucky to have such a great person like you to have that kind of bond to share with."

"Thanks.", Dara grinned before turning her head away from the young model and stared at the window, trying to hide the obvious blush growing upon her cheeks. If only you knew that Chaerin is jealous of you sometimes., she snickered in thought.

"We're here.", Hyoni parked her car smoothly and looked at Dara. She found the petite woman giggling.

"What?", she asked curiously.

"Huh?"

"You're laughing.. What was it?", she wondered.

"Ah..Nothing! Let's go, Hyoni!", Dara responded awkwardly as she got out of the car leaving her friend dumbfounded.

 

 

Somewhere in Itaewon..

 

 

Chaerin met Harin, who parted with her friends earlier to join her sister, in the restaurant beside the art exhibition which she was invited to. A familiar face instantly greeted them as soon as they walked in the venue.

 

"Chaerinnie!!"

"Oppa, you're too loud!"

 

The two biggest YG leaders excitedly greeted each other with a big hug. They took a seat across one another upon the huge dinner table as Harin took a seat by the end, joining the other acquaintances who just came from the exhibit.

"You look great, Chaerin. Ha, we kinda match outfits!"

"No, we don't! We're just both in black and denims!", Chaerin said, making them both laugh.

"Where's Soojoo unnie, oppa?"

"She went to Cakeshop already, taking care of stuff.", Jiyong said, which Chaerin just replied with a nod.

"So how are you? How was LA?", he asked.

"Same old, same old.", Chaerin replied flatly.

"That's it?", the male leader said in question. "You didn't do anything special there?"

Jiyong eyed Chaerin knowingly before leaning in slowly in her direction. "I heard you were in a secret activity with your girlfriend.", he whispered.

The younger leader was surprised that Jiyong knew of it. "How did you know?", she whispered back.

"Hyun Suk hyung.", he replied casually. Chaerin just hummed in realization as she took a bite of her meal.

"So?", Jiyong said after taking a sip of his wine.

"So what?" 

"Give me the deets!"

"Why should I?", Chaerin scoffed.

"You and your secrets..", Jiyong sneered. "So how is she?"

"She's fine."

Jiyong stared at Chaerin, observing her as she was acting quite weirdly with her short responses.

"...Where is noona?"

Chaerin stopped eating and frowned at her persistent oppa. She knew what Jiyong is trying to do.

"She's in Gangnam.."

"Why?", Jiyong asked, thinking of a reason himself. Then a probable answer hit his head.

"YGK+?"

Chaerin chuckled a little. "You sure are smart, oppa. Yeah, that's why."

"Aww.. You're missing her already, Chaerin?", he teased the younger leader.

Chaerin inhaled sharply. "No, that's not it."

Jiyong smirked as he continued to tease further. "Is she meeting with a model there?"

"Aish, oppa!", the blonde girl groaned slightly.

"Oh.. I see..", Jiyong nodded. "Jealous..?"

"No..", Chaerin denied under her breath as she ate again. Jiyong just laughed at his younger friend behaving in such a cute way when she's jealous.

"Speaking of model..", Jiyong suddenly uttered, causing Chaerin to look at him then turned her head back to see Soojoo coming in.

 

"CL!"

"Unnie! How are you?"

 

The two hugged each other as they chatted while Jiyong is watching the two enjoying each other's company in an instant. He saw Chaerin kiss the tall model's cheek casually. Geez, Chaerin sure knows how to charm a lady. No wonder she caught a goddess. he thought.

"You look so y, boo!", Soojoo said as she was checking Chaerin out. She was wearing a see-through top exposing her black brassiere underneath, covered with a black slick coat, and sporting a pair of high waist denim jeans and black high heels.

"Thanks, you too!"

"Hey, let's go to Cakeshop now, everything's set!", Soojoo looked at Jiyong and everyone else as she announced her invitation. Soojoo looked at Chaerin again.

"Let's go, y girl!", she said as dragged Chaerin out.

Meanwhile, Jiyong stood up and went to Harin with a slight worry painted on his face. "We should guard your sister before she could do something reckless."

Harin nodded. "Yep, I don't want to call Dara unnie for reinforcements."

"Your sister really is a nappeun gizibe.", Jiyong clicked his tongue. "What a bad girl."

Harin chuckled at his remarks. "Yes, she is. And she's gonna be in trouble so badly with her girl."

The two laughed at each other's banters before following the rest to the Cakeshop bar.