Secret Romance

Ferris Wheel

 

 

After 12 hours of travel, it was already midnight when Dara's flight has finally made its touchdown. The petite girl has booked herself to another secret trip to Los Angeles for some "healing" time, as what she calls it, which means spending some alone time with her beloved CL-roo. Chaerin flew across the world days before Dara to do some business with her American management. Dara was excited when she got a call from her girlfriend, saying that she should follow in LA because the blonde has a surprise for her. Dara was surprised enough that their boss, Yang Hyun Suk, has permitted her to take this flight despite her own busy schedule.

 

As Dara arrived by the VIP lobby of the LAX airport, she was anticipating to see a particular blonde to welcome her. Unfortunately, she failed to see her and was only approached by their manager. "Where's Chaerin, oppa?", Dara asked, trying to hide her slight disappointment.

"She's in the car. She's busy on the phone talking with Jeremy Scott.", her manager replied.

"Oh."

"Let me take care of your luggages, Dara. I know you're exhausted."

Dara was lost in thought for a second but was brought back to reality when she felt her manager take her handbag. She just followed him to the car quietly. Stop sulking, Dara. She's still here to pick you up anyway.. And I just want to hug her again. She thought.

 

By the time Dara stood by the van's side door, it opened automatically to her surprise. It turns out, Chaerin was the one who opened it for her with a smile on her face.

"Welcome back, Darong!", Chaerin greeted cheerfully as she sat back to her seat with open arms. Instead of a hug, she was greeted by Dara still standing outside the car, sad eyes staring back at her.

"Unnie, what's the matter?", Chaerin asked, obviously confused.

Then it hit her, she promised Dara that she would be the one personally picking her up as soon as she landed. She instantly looked at the other girl with a regretful and apologetic gaze.

"Sorry, unnie. I know why you're mad. It's just--", her words got lost in when Dara entered the car and hugged her immediately as soon as she closed the door. Dara was just clinging to her neck, head buried on her shoulder, while a surprised expression is evident on Chaerin's face but her arms still managed to find their way around Dara's body into a warm embrace, as if it is already programmed in Chaerin to hug her without even thinking.

 

"I'm not mad, Chaerin. I just.. I just missed you."

 

Chaerin blinked a few times, trying to sink in Dara's words in her head while holding her tightly. It has been a while since they got to spend time together since they both have been flying to different places to attend their own individual activities overseas.

"I missed you too, baby.", she quietly replied, but Chaerin knew she still heard her clearly.

They broke their hug when their manager was done loading Dara's bags in the car and got in to the driver's seat. Their road trip was quite silent with Dara leaning against Chaerin as they held each other's hands between them, almost falling asleep, until she remembered something.

"Chaerin.."

"Hmm..?"

"Oppa told me that you were talking with Jeremy on the phone earlier. Do you have another project with him?", Dara asked as she pulled away from Chaerin to sit properly, fingers still intertwined.

Chaerin turned her head to Dara and replied, "Kinda.."

"What do you mean?"

Chaerin narrowed her eyes at Dara and pursed her lips, as if she's hiding something mischievous from her.

"Let's just say it doesn't only involve me..", Chaerin said shortly.

They both stared at each other, like Chaerin is sending the message through her eyes while Dara is trying to read it with her own. As if it worked, a lightbulb suddenly popped on Dara's head.

"Wait, do I have something to do with it..?", she said with her eyebrows furrowed in question.

Chaerin just giggled and gently pulled Dara to herself again so the brunette's head was resting against her chest and her arm placed on Dara's shoulder like they always do. She buried her nose to Dara's hair, smelling the scent she missed so much as well.

"Get some sleep first. I know you're tired. I'll tell you in the morning.", Chaerin whispered.

Feeling the fatigue kicking in her, Dara just did what Chaerin said and got comfortable to their position and let her Baby Rin's warmth lull her to sleep.

 

 

The next morning..

 

"Unnie..", Dara heard a husky low voice behind her, knowing it belongs to Chaerin. She stirred from her position. The last thing she remembered was getting comfortable inside Chaerin's embrace before she was put into slumber. Dara opened her eyes and found herself tucked in to a huge bed which she has slept on a few times before. She was in her tank top and sleep shorts. Chaerin must have taken care of me. I must have been totally knocked out last night. Dara thought. Suddenly, an arm was resting by her torso, snaking its way to her to cup one mound and caress it lovingly.

"Unnie, wake up!", Chaerin whined behind her. Dara let out a small giggle as her hand traveled along Chaerin's arm which was resting on her body, fingers lingering on the younger girl's skin, and made its way to her hand on her chest to tangle their fingers together. Chaerin can't help but smile because of their intimacy so she pulled her girlfriend closer to her body and landed a small peck on Dara's nape. Caught off guard, Dara's skin formed tiny goosebumps as she felt Chaerin's lips showering her with kisses, much to her bliss. She turned her head to face Chaerin and kissed her with great passion. Both smiled during the kiss, obviously been wanting to share such moment with each other. Chaerin managed to turn Dara's body around to completely face her while still engaged in their kiss. They slowly broke their kiss with gentle caresses of lips before looking at each other's eyes with pure love and desire.

 

"Good morning.", Dara greeted, her voice a bit lower than usual but still sweet, and gave a gentle peck on her lover's nose.

"Good morning, baby.", Chaerin replied, lifting her head to reunite their lips for another morning kiss. She will never get tired of kissing Dara's sweet lips, it's like her addiction.

As soon as they pulled away, Chaerin chuckled a little and said, "As much as I want to make out with you all day, we have to get up now. We have a long day ahead." She ran her fingers along Dara's quite messy bed hair and tucked a strand behind her ear.

Chaerin got out of the blankets and stretched a bit. Dara, who's still a bit groggy from jet lag, shifted on her back and stared at Chaerin's figure who's busy picking some clothes and preparing for a shower.

"Where are we going?", the brunette asked.

"Jeremy's studio.", Chaerin said, still rummaging through her wardrobe.

"Why? Are you having a photoshoot?"

"Yup!"

"Is it a solo photoshoot? Or are you posing with Jeremy again?"

"Not entirely..and no." Chaerin answered, now looking at Dara who is now sitting on the bed.

Dara was surprised by Chaerin's answer. Is she doing it with a Moschino model? She wondered. A pang of jealousy struck her but she quickly hid it, although Chaerin already noticed it anyway.

"What do you mean, Chae?", Dara asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"You know what I mean, babe." Chaerin teased as she made her way to the bathroom.

Left alone, a lot of questions ran through Dara's mind. She can't help but ask.

"Who is it?", she said in the open air a bit louder for Chaerin to her across the bathroom.

The latter peeked her head out and said, "Why don't you join me and maybe I will tell you.", Chaerin smiled suggestively. "Besides, we willl save time and conserve water if you will.", she winked before returning to the shower. Dara, knowing she can't do anything else, just sighed and followed her tease of a girlfriend to the bathroom.

 

Turns out, Chaerin still didn't say anything about her photoshoot. Instead, they just took a bath together with a makeout session in between. Dara could not complain though, since she has been longing for such moment again. Bathing with Chaerin is one of her favorite things to do.

 

 

There they were in Jeremy's studio, looking around the venue to spot the said designer. Still clueless, Dara just went looking with Chaerin while observing the set of the photoshoot.

"CL!", someone called out.

"Jerbear!!", Chaerin greeted as she walked towards Jeremy into a big hug. "How are you?"

"Same old, same old. How are you, my muse? Do you have company? Where's HL?", Jeremy said.

"I'm good. Harin will be with us in Malibu later, she's just taking care of something. I do have company, though."

Right on time, Dara has made her way towards the two best friends. She was gently pulled by Chaerin by the arm to show her to Jeremy.

"Darling Dara! You're here!! CL really made you fly all the way here, huh. Such a demanding girlfriend, isn't she?", Jeremy said without a pause that made Dara slightly dumbfounded.

"Ssshh, will you tone your voice down a bit? You know our relationship is still not out yet and I'm not a demanding girlfriend!", Chaerin whined in a hush tone. Jeremy just chuckled at his silly friend and focused again on Dara.

"Do you know why you're here, Dara?", Jeremy asked, changing the topic.

Dara looked for an answer but was still left blank. "Uhm.. I'm not really sure. Chaerin just said that she has a phot--"

"30 minutes till we start!!", one of the staff alarmed the whole crew.

"Okay, enough chit chat and dress up already, my muses!! Chop chop!", Jeremy told them as he led them to the dressing room.

"Wait, you mean..?"

"Yes, unnie. You're doing the shoot with me. Surprise!", Chaerin answered her with a grin.

Dara didn't get to react as she was gathered by a bunch of staff to help her change outfits and retouch her makeup. As she was getting ready, Dara can't help but recall what Chaerin just said a while ago.

 

You know our relationship is still not out yet.


She didn't know why it affected her now. Being in her thirties, she knows all the consequences of being in a relationship with her leader, not to mention, her seven years younger member. She had to be mature about hiding it to the public but it hurts her once in a while that she has to keep it a secret when she knows that it's her absolute happiness to be with Chaerin forever.

I really needed this healing time with her.. She thought.

 

"Done!", her stylist broke her reverie as she was summoned to the studio, where she saw Chaerin doing some poses for the camera already.

 

"Nice one, CL! One more pose. Mess your hair a little... Great!", the director praised as he was about to wrap up Chaerin's take.

"You look so beautiful, darling!" Jeremy approached Dara.

"Thank you, Jeremy. Your latest designs are wonderful.", Dara said.

"Well, that's because I have gorgeous models like you and CL! Now get your out there and pose with your baddest GF."

Dara just blushed and nodded as she joined Chaerin for the next set. As the staff were busy making some final touches in the set, Chaerin leaned in to Dara's ear. "Are you ready, babe?" Dara smiled at her and said, "Always."

 

 

Wrapping up the photoshoot, the couple along with Jeremy headed to their van to meet Harin at a shop along Melrose Avenue.

"What is HL doing in Melrose, boo?", Jeremy asked.

"She said she's buying some new jeans.", Chaerin said while reading her sister's text. She turned her head to Dara who's just silently looking through the window, the city pacing before her eyes. Dara was still in deep thought about what happened earlier.

 

"Dara, put your hand on CL's shoulder... Good!", the director instructed.

Chaerin and Dara were doing a couple of poses, drowned in Moschino wardrobe and accessories, for their famous designer who has been a dear friend of them for years. Jeremy quietly admired how the two ladies look in front of the camera, being natural beauties as the chemistry overflows between them.

"These women are gorgeous, Jeremy.", the director, who happens to be gay too, praised while the two ladies of their topic were still modeling.

"I know, boo. I never made a mistake picking them as my muses.", he replied proudly.

"Are they like a couple or something? Because, I gotta tell you, they would make a very fine lesbian couple."

Jeremy was a bit shocked by what he said. He knows that Chaerin and Dara are a very hot couple but he was bound not to tell about it. "Uhhmm.." 

"Great job! Okay, one more pose until we wrap up. CL, put your arm around her waist.", Jeremy sighed in relief when the director brought his focus back on the two ladies.

 

Meanwhile, Dara blushed when they were told to get closer with each other. She tried hard to hide it. It didn't help at all when Chaerin squeezed her waist sneakily.

"Closer, girls. More skinship, Dara, eyes on the camera. CL, just keep staring at her like she's your prey."

Being very professional with their craft, Chaerin and Dara managed to get the pose that the director wanted, despite Dara's heart beating so fast because of their intimacy, moreover, Chaerin's seductive stare.

"Okay, that's a wrap! Good job, everyone!", the director announced. He turned to the girls and called them. "Girls, come here and look at your work. It's lovely."

Chaerin and Dara approached him, with Jeremy beside them.

"Look at that beauty! You es are gonna make this other richer!", the director said, making the other three laugh.

The two ladies just bowed their head in gratitude, obviously a bit shy after receiving the compliment. The director kept on scrolling through the set of photos just taken, letting them see the great work they just did.

"Are you two not really a couple or something? Because look at this.." He showed the last photo they took. "You two are like so perfect for each other, it's crazy!"

The other three were left dumbfounded for a moment, Chaerin looked at Jeremy with the latter just staring back at her as if saying, 'I said nothing.' Fortunately, the director was still looking at the photo so he did not catch the three people's faces behind him like he just dropped a huge bomb on them.

"We're just really good friends. We've known each other for years that we're just comfortable with each other, that's all.", Chaerin said, practically shrugging it off.

The director turned to them with an unconvinced expression. "Seriously..?" He looked at Dara who was still frozen but she managed to regain her composure and just nodded. 

"Yeah, we're just close friends.", she said, rather weakly. Dara just followed her response with a small smile, hoping that she could hide her deep sadness with it.

 

"Okay, if you say so.", the director said before they all bid goodbye.

 

 

 

"Hey Dara..", Chaerin tried to call her attention but the latter did not bulge. She poked Dara's head and called for her again.

"What?"

"You seem to be lost in deep thought. I was calling you.", Chaerin looked at her, a bit worried.

Dara just blinked her eyes before she replied, "Oh, it's nothing. What is it, Chae?"

Chaerin, still worried, just stared at her face for a bit as she tried to read what's on her mind but she failed. Jeremy who noticed the little tension between them, butted in the conversation.

"Your girl was asking if you want to go shopping for a bit since you love jeans and all, honey."

"Oh.. Yeah, I would love to.", Dara smiled back at him, although both Chaerin and Jeremy caught the weak enthusiasm in her voice.

"Are you okay, baby?", Chaerin asked in a low voice. Dara slightly cringed for the first time when Chaerin called her 'baby'. So now, I'm your baby again, huh.., she thought.

"I'm fine, Chae. Don't worry.", Dara erased her previous thought and just replied to her with a halfhearted smile.

 

"We're here.", their manager suddenly said, pulling them to a stop in front of a fancy jeans shop and the trio got off.

"Okay, I'll just buy some drinks over there. You girls take a look around and we'll meet by the pastry shop over there.", Jeremy said. 

"Okay.", they both agreed before they parted and the two girls entered the jeans shop, finding Harin by the counter, paying for her brand new jeans.

"Harinnie!", Chaerin called out to her dongsaeng.

"Unnie, look what I got! Oh, Dara unnie, annyeong!", the younger Lee greeted.

"Annyeong, Harin-ah."

"Dara unnie, you'd love the denims here. You and unnie should check some out!", Harin said before she took a couple of steps towards the exit.

"Where are you going?", Chaerin asked.

"Oh, I'll just buy some makeup in the store across the street. You guys have fun! I'll be right back!"

 

As Harin made her way outside, Dara was absentmindedly checking out random denim pants in one rack. Chaerin, who was behind her, just looked at her in concern. She knows that something is bugging her girlfriend but she also knows that Dara will not talk about it. Thinking of a way to somehow cheer her up, Chaerin started to pick some shorts on the other rack.

"Unnie..", Chaerin called in a soft voice, her voice when she uses aegyo with. Dara was a little surprised when she heard her girlfriend call her 'unnie' so cutely, especially in public.

She turned to Chaerin who was holding out a very short pair of ragged denim shorts. Dara just raised one eyebrow in question of what Chaerin was trying to do.

"Try these out.", Chaerin exclaimed, giving the pair to her.

Dara was a bit hesitant to do so. She's not very used to wear such hot pants. She was more of a sweatpants and skinny jeans girl. "Ahhm, isn't.. Isn't these a bit short? You know I don't wear hot pants, Chaerin.", she stuttered slightly while looking at the shorts in her hands.

"Come on, just try it out, it will look pretty on you, trust me.", Chaerin grinned, saying it as if it's the most natural thing to say. For Chaerin, it is the most natural thing to say, especially when it's her goddess girlfriend she's complimenting.

"Let's go, Dara unnie."

She dragged Dara to the vacant fitting room, the latter blushing because of the compliment she just received from her girlfriend. Chaerin really knows the way straight to her heart. Chaerin entered the quite spacious fitting room with Dara, locking the door behind her, much to the latter's shock.

"Put it on now.", Chaerin said as she sat on the stool by the corner.

"Uhm, Chaerin", Dara replied a bit awkwardly, her eyes looking shyly back at the younger girl.

"What?"

Dara was just silent, staring at the shorts. "Come on, unnie..", Chaerin suddenly stood and pinned Dara on the wall and leaned over her ear. "I've seen your pretty lots of times anyway."

Chaerin's breath on her skin brought shivers on Dara's spine. Meanwhile, Chaerin backed away to the stool again, her cute face appearing again.

"You tease..", Dara groaned. Chaerin just laughed and asked her again to try the hot pants out. Dara just sighed and took off her pants and tried to put on the shorts. While she was slightly bending to put the shorts on herself, she turned around unintentionally, facing her firm on Chaerin.

"Nice .", Chaerin continued to tease, a smirk forming on her face.

"You know they're my favorite.", Dara casually fired back as she looked back at her, returning the smirk to her girlfriend. Apparently, the said underwear was a present from Chaerin from her visit in Paris a few months ago.

 

When Dara finally zipped up the shorts on her, she stretched her lower limbs a bit to adjust it on her skinny but toned thighs. "How is it?", she said, looking at Chaerin who's now staring at her milky legs.

"Yah, ert!", Dara scolded in a hushed tone which brought Chaerin back to her senses.

"Ahh, yeah.. Turn around please.", Chaerin told her to check on how it fits her from the back as well. "I told you, it's gonna look pretty on you, but.."

Chaerin came to Dara again, bending down and grabbed the hem of the shorts. "What are you doing?", Dara asked quite nervously as her eyes are on her girlfriend who's folding the hem of her already short pair of hot pants.

"There, it looks much better.", Chaerin said as she stood upright again, finding herself face to face with Dara. The atmosphere suddenly got silent between them.

The space between them is so little that they're practically sharing the same oxygen. Dara closed her eyes in anticipation for a kiss as she saw Chaerin leaning slowly to her. However, all she felt was a touch on her forehead with Chaerin's.

"You should dress up already and I'll buy you those shorts after, Harin and Jeremy might be looking for us by now." Without another word, Chaerin left the fitting room, leaving Dara still leaning against the wall, biting her bottom lip in disappointment once again.