Sweet Art

Summer Love

It have been a few days since I met Jihoon Lee for the first time but today we was going to meet again. We was going to meet at a special train station. It was warm today so I decided to wear a light blue dress. I was looking down at my phone very nervously. Was I even at the right place? Was I to early? To late? Would he recognize me? What if he had forgotten about me?


– Debbie?

I turned around. It was him. He was wearing a white shirt with blue jeans. I couldn’t resist to smile for myself so I decided to look away before I looked back at him. I held out his jacket while I looked down. Why was I so nervous?

– Ah, thank you.

He said and took his jacket.

– Did you wait long?

– What?

– Yeah? Did you wait long?

– Oh, yeah, I did. I MEAN NO. NO NO NO. I DID NOT WAIT LONG. I JUST CAME HERE.

He started to laugh. Why was I always like this? 

– Let’s go.


We start to walk. We walked under a silent. No one of us seemed to be good at talking or what to say.

– What did you do yesterday?

I asked him, just to start a conversation.

– I was hanging out with my friends.

– Your friends from school or?

– Yeah, we decided to play go-cart.

– Oh really? Was it fun? Did you win? 

He looked at me with a smirk.

– Well someone seem to like go-cart.

– Oh. Yeah, I have always wanted to try that out. It just seem so fun.

– Ah.

He nodded.

– Well I didn’t win but it was fun I guess. I came in third place.

– That’s great! Or well it depends on how many you where…

– Thirteen guys.

– Then you must be great!

Jihoon laughed a little while he looked away. Was it just me or did his ear seem to be a little red? Well well, no biggie.


– What do you think about art?

Jihoon asked me.
– Why are you asking?

– Just wondering.

– Well I like it. Also I like to do creative things myself so yeah. It’s relaxing and calm.

– Good.

I looked at him.

– Are you going to tell me soon where we are going?

– We are soon there. Just a little bit more. Are you getting tiered already?

– What? No! I was just curious, that’s all.




After walking for a time we was at a big place. We went inside and the walls was all white. It was a lot of art. From objects to paintings. I looked around and felt like a child on a christmas morning. I looked at the paintings, how every single mark from the pencil had been used. How to form the clouds and the landscape. The animals and those things that wasn’t any objects at all. I had almost forgotten that I was there with Jihoon.

– Maybe I should go home.

I looked at him. I pulled his arm so he came closer to me. Then I pointed out everything on the paintings how well it was made. I stop talking when I realized he had not spoke for a time.

– I’m sorry, I speak to much. Right?

– No, not at all. I’m just glad that you are really enjoying this. Are you thirsty?

– A little.

– Let’s go to the coffee shop.




I picked out ice-tea and Jihoon picked coffee. We was talking a lot and told stories about us. I told him that time when I fell over my shoelace but saved my ice-cream. He thought it was funny but couldn’t really believe me that I could be so clumsy.

– If we are still going to meet you will notice my clumsy side. I’m warning you.

– So you want to keep meeting me?

– Hey don’t say it like that! You make it sound like… You know…

– Like you want to date me?

– Yes! I mean, I wouldn’t say no to that but it’s not… WAIT YOU DIDN’T HEAR THAT.

I got all red.

– I start to see how you can be that clumsy. You look like a kid and you sure clumsy as one.

– Well looking young is a good thing, right?

I made a cute pose for him, he just smiled and could barley look at me.

– I guess so.

I giggled a little. 

– Jihoonie~

Jihoon almost choke on his drink.

– OH, SORRY! I was just joking. I won’t call you that. I’m sorry Jihoon!

I start to bow at least ten times.

– No, it’s okay, you can call me that. I was just… I’m not used to be called that.

– Oh… Okay… I mean, I wont do it if you don’t like it.

– No, call me that.

– Okay… Jihoonie...
He had a hard time to drink his coffee. Did he look more red? Could his ears get even more red?

– Your ears are very red… Are you okay?

– They are? Uh… It’s nothing.

– If you say so.



When we was going to leave Jihoon payed for us even thou I told him I could pay for my drink. He just ignored me and payed.

– Next time I will pay for us.

I told him.

– Then I will buy the most expensive things they have.

I hit his arm.

– You are so mean!

– What are you going to do? You have already said that you wanted to pay.

– Do you think I’m made of money?!

– You right, kids like you can’t have any work. Isn’t that the case?

– Oh you wait! I will fix a time job and then I will buy the most expensive drink that coffee shop have.

He was writing something on his phone.

– What are you doing?

– Writing down your promise.

I sighed. 




When we was outside my house I thanked him for taking me out and showing the art museum. Both he and I seemed to have problem with describing things like this with words.

– Can we go to the go-cart next time?

I asked him. He liked that idea and told me he would text a date. After that I went inside.

– I’m home dad!

I yelled and took of my shoes before I went inside. Then I went to my dad who was working at his computer. I gave him a back hug.

– I guess your day was good? Did he behave?

– Of course he was behaving. I don’t date bad guys… Okay, I maybe have done it before but this guy seem so sweet and calm. Not like the others you know?

– What did you do?

– Oh, he took me to the art museum! It was so fun and then we went to the coffee shop!

Dad nodded. I looked at his computer screen. He was working so I thought I could check how much he was listening.

– And then on the way back we went to a cute shop where I spotted this cute neckless, and do you know what? He bought it for me.

I looked at my dad who was nodding.

– But then I didn’t look at my step and almost got myself into a car accident.

– Sounds lovely.

– DAD!

Dad looked at me chocked.

– You didn’t listen like usual. To make it short for you. I had a great time.

– Sorry, it just all this work.

– I understand. Do you want me to prepare any fruits for you? 

– That would be grate.



And so did the perfect day end. I just had one question in mind, when would this be over? I mean, every one have a bad side. I was wondering when I would see Jihoons bad sides. Would I be able to like it or would it be to much?