Church Boy

Summer Love

Days went on and me and Jihoon went to more dates. We learned about each other. The night before I was suppose to start school I was so nervous and texted Jihoon to tell how I felt. He told me to meet him at the park. From there we went for a walk until we reached the river. there we lied down on the mark and looked up at sky.


– What if I do something embarrassing tomorrow?

– Don’t worry. No one will really care.

– But what if they will laugh at me?

– They won’t remember that after a hundred years, right?

– I guess so.

Jihoon sighed and then turned to face me.

– Look at me.

I looked at him and I got mesmerized by that beauty. He was so… I can’t find words to even describing him. He was breath taking, handsome, beautiful. I like him. I like this boy. I wan’t to be together with him.

– If any one is laughing and start making fun of you let me know.

I slowly nodded. I start to feel sleepy and tiered but I din’t want to leave his side. I wanted to stop the time.


I decided to take a small risk so I moved closer to him to place my head on his chest. 

– Can we just stay this for a moment?

– Mm.

He put his arm around me and I could hear his heart beat.

– I can hear your heart.

I told him. Totally useless information because he was obvious alive.

– Listen carefully because right now it’s only beating for you.

I look into his dark eyes. He pushed my head back to his chest.

– I didn't tell you to stop listening to my heart.

I start to tap with my finger on his chest in the same beat his heart was beating.

– I wonder how it would sound if made a song based on your heart beat…

Jihoon was just silent. I wanted to know what went on in his mind. What was he thinking about?

– If I would sing a song about you one day, would you listen to it?

– Of course.


I must admit, hearing his voice with my year against his chest was one of the most lovely sounds I had ever heard.

– Debbie?

– Mm?

– We should get you back home now. You have to sleep. You have your first day tomorrow.

I looked up at his face.

– Don’t look at me like that.

I sighed.

– Alright, let’s go back.

We stood up and start to walk home. He walked me home the hole way. 


– I will go in now, see you soon Jihoonie
.
He took my arm and pulled me back into a hug before he sealed our lips.

– I love you.

– And I love you.

He kissed my forehead before he told me to go inside.






Next day I came to school. I had been hear some days before to get a guid around the school so I know the most important places. I went to my new classroom and took my seat. I start to draw in my block because I got more and more nervous when more students came and saw me. I could hear them speak about me. Finally the teacher came and started the class. 


– As you all might noticed we have a new student here, so I’m only asking this once, can you introduce yourself. 

– Yes Hoonuk.

The class fell silent. OH . I JUST SAID HIS FIRST NAME. IT’S LIKE FITH-LEVEL OF FRIENDSHIP. .


I start to bow over and over again while I apologized.

– It’s okay, calm down and tell us about you. 

– Hi! My name is Sheckelford Debbie. I will live here one year because my dad got a work here. Please take care of me.

I took my seat again and tried to hide under my arms. I was so ashamed of my self. The class started off and I could hear people whisper about me. Soon it became lunch and I decided to leave the classroom. All I could hear was people stalking about me. I went outside to eat my lunch alone.


On my way back I stumble into a person. I bow to him.

– I’m sorry, I didn’t watch out. It’s my fault.

– You must be the new student! Call me Joshua.

This guy spoke in english with me. I was surprised his english was so good.

– Wow, your english is great! My name is Debbie.

– I used to live in the states.

– Well that explains a lot.

He laughed. He looked cute also with his eyes.

– I heard that you kind of messed up this morning.

– Oh no, does everyone know that now.

– No worries, you are new here. They will let it slip.

– I hope so or my dad will probably be disappointed and my uh… friend… would made fun of me if they knew about that. 

– Oh, so you already have a friend here? That’s great! If you want I can take you to church on Sunday and introduce you to other people.

– You are a church-boy? For real?

– Yes I am. Do you see my earring? Look.


He showed me his cross on his left ear. It made him different, gave him a cool personality. He wasn’t ashamed of his beliefs.

– Cool, I guess it doesn’t hurt to try out, right?

– Right! Write down your number on my phone and I will call you soon.

I put in my number.

– Oh, hi Woozi, wazzup?

I looked over my shoulder to see Jihoon. I looked back at Joshua and back again to Jihoon.

– What are you doing, flirting around or?

– I just asked the the new girl about her number. I will take her to church.

At that moment Jihoon looked at me and fell silent.