Happy together

Summer Love

– Do you guys know each other?

Joshua asked us. I guess we both gave off that vibe.

– Yes we do.

Jihoon answer.

– You have never told me about her.

I looked at Jihoon.

– Why should I tell you about everyone I meet?

– What? No, I mean, the fact you never hang out with girls really. Now you suddenly do? Are you together maybe? I won’t take her to church if you don’t want.

– No, go ahead. She is new here. She need to make friends.

– Jihoonie, why are you acting like this?

Joshua looked at me before he looked back at Jihoon.

– Are you guys together or not?

– We are not.

That was all I needed to hear from Jihoon. That was it. What happened with the loving and caring one from yesterday evening? I turned to Joshua. Two can play this game. 

– Can we also visit the coffee shop on the way?

– Yeah… Sure…

– Great, then see you on Sunday.

I looked back at Jihoon. I had no words for him. I walked away from the two males. 





After school when I was walking home I heard someone calling for me.

– HEY YOU! NEW GIRL!

I turned around to see a male I didn't recognized.

– I heard from Joshua that you are friend with Woozi. How close are you guys? You see, I have never heard him being friend with a girl before.

– I think you should start to tell me who you are.

– Oh, my bad. 
He bow down before continue.

– My name is Choi Seungcheol, but everyone calls me S coups.

– Nice to meet you S coups… My name is Sheckelford Debbie. Jihoonie’s dad is boss for my dad. That is how I know him. Bye.

I start to walk when he catch up with me to grab my shoulders.

– Wait, what did you just call him?!

– Jihoonie…

– Are you sure there is nothing more between you guys?

– Well yesterday evening I would say it was something between but now… He made it clear that we are at least not together. You can tell him there is no idea of him to call me or text me.

– Wait what?! What happen?

– Why are you so interested? Do you like him?

– Not like that! He is my best friend, that is why.

– Oh I see. Do you want to take this over a soda in the park or something?

– Sure, I will pay for us.

– I can pay for me you know…

– No, I want to.

– Okay.








– So I have noticed that Woozi have been acting strange and got more busy. I guess now it must have been because of you.

– Sorry for stealing your friend, I didn't mean to do that.

– No problem. So, how close are you guys?

– Ask him. 

– That doesn't sound so good. What did that thick head do?

– I just… I don’t understand him sometimes. I want to know what he is thinking.

– Yeah, I know what you mean. He is more the type that seem to be cold but in reality he cares a lot.
– Well then he is great at acting cold, like nothing. He is too good at that. I thought he and I kind of…



My cheeks start to get red and I looked away.

– Oh, you thought what?

– Never mind.

I start to drink on my soda while I continue looking away. S coups start to teasing with me and tried to look at my tomato red face.

– No say it!

I hit him and he start to laugh. Then his phone start to ring. He look at the screen.

– Look, when you speak about the devil!

He answered the call.

– Hi Woozi! Hello? Hello?

Then he turned around and I did the same to see Jihoon standing there.


– Woozi! I was just asking your friend how close you guys where. She told me to ask you. She doesn’t seem to be so happy.

– Shut up! Don’t tell him everything!

– No, I want you guys to solve this. Woozi! What does this girl mean to you?

Woozi looked at me, and I at him. I knew what he would say and it would break my heart. I refused to hear it again so I stood up.

– I’ll leave you guys. He have already made it clear once today, my heart can’t take it to hear it twice in a row. Thank you S coups for the soda. Good bye.

I start to walk away.

– No wait! Debbie!

I start to run.





S coups looked at Woozi with an not a amused facial expression. 

– Woozi? What the hell did you tell her?

Woozi turned around and start to walk away but the other male grabbed his arms.

– Answer me! You haven’t told anything about her and you are suppose to be my best friend!

Woozi sighed before he opened his mouth.

– I dated her but I never knew she would start in same school as me. I didn’t know how to act around her in school, then I saw her with Joshua. He told me he would take her to church.

The short male took a deep breath.

– I think she have fallen for Joshua and I don’t want to be in the way if it’s like that.

– But you guys are dating?

– We were dating, now I don’t know anymore.

– Oh god. Both of you are thick heads. She start to blush when she spoke about you and how she wants to know what you are thinking, and here you are, can’t even fight for your girl? Just giving her away like that?

– Shut up.

– No! You just let the church boy steal your girl? Are you that stupid that you let someone go so easily? That explain why you never get any girls if you only give up on them.


Woozi felt humiliated and soon he and his best friend was on the ground. Punching each other. The both male got destroyed lips and nose bleeding.

– Why are you fighting?! Can’t you handle the truth? You are to weak! Soon she will be dating Joshua! Soon you will see them making out!

Woozi got more angry and start to punch even harder. Everything was in red for him.

– SHUT UP!

Then S coups pinned down his best friend before he spoke again.

– Then go and get her back before it’s to late! Do what you are good at!

At that moment Woozi got an idea.

– I need get home.

S coups could see that his friend had an idea that was probably a great one. He jumped off and let Woozi go home.







Next day I went to school like normal. I had my classes and was texting with Joshua. The only guy that made sense. Then it broke of for lunch. S coups came to my classroom. AND OH GOD WHAT HAPPEN WITH HIS FACE?! Well I couldn’t think more on that before he came to my desk to pull me away with him.

– What the hell is wrong with you?

– I’m just helping out.

He said and smiled before he turned his head back.

Soon we was in the dining hall. There was a lot of people there. They where all looking at something. It was crowded. S coups just pushed us throw them. In the middle was a chair. The male who got me here told me to take a seat on the empty chair, and so I did.

– Look this better go fast, I don’t have time for this.

Then I heard a guitar and a voice that I recognized. The people leaved space and there he was. HIS FACE WAS ALSO FULL WITH BRUCES AND BROKEN LIP. DID THESE TWO HAD A FIGHT?


The boy who had breaker my heart yesterday was now singing for me. I recognized the song he was singing and his voice was really good. When he was done he walked up to me. 

– I’m sorry.

He mumbled while looking down. At that moment I knew I couldn’t stay angry at this boy. 

– I forgive you.

We both was looking away from each other. I don’t know if his ears was red that they got sometimes, but I would guess they was. I could tell for sure that my face was red. 
–KISS! KISS! KISS!

I suddenly hear S coup shout and soon all the students there had join him. I got more and more shy. I just wanted to disappear. I was never good with attention from a lot of people.

The young boy, Jihoon realized quickly how hard Debbie must have right now with all the attention. He felt guilty because he was behind all this. This was his plan to win his girl back. He did what made most sense. He gave the guitar to his best friend and then he took Debbies arm and walked away with her to the toilets that no one used. There he closed behind them before turning back to his girl. 

– I got jealous when I saw you with Joshua.

He admited.

– And when you get jealous, do you always break people hearts?

Jihoon looked confused.

– You told him that we were just friends. I thought… Well… You know… Or no… Never mind.

Jihoon realized what Debbie must have felt and how much he had broke her heart. Jihoon gave Debbie a hug before he kissed her.

– I promise I will never do that again. Let people know that we are together so no one will bother us. This time I will never let you go again.

– Do you promise?

– Yes I do.

– Then, what do you say if we would try out those gokart on Sunday?

– But aren’t you suppose to meet up with Joshua?

– I will just say I have plans with my boyfriend, right Jihoonie~?