Cotton Candy

Kissing A Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
This story is written in 3rd person POV to explore both Mina and Chaeyoung's perspective. Enjoy reading~ ^^

There is a reflection in the mirror. A petite girl who looks chic but still cute. She is wearing black ripped body fitted jeans with a shade loose chiffon shirt. She tucks in her front shirt into her jeans. She added the final look with a black simple choker and a black high converse.

Damn, i look good. Good enough for an amusement park date. She loosen up her shirt again. Turning left and right, seeing her side profile, her backs and turning around for a 360’ view.

The sunshine enters the room brighter since its getting higher and the clock ticking faster as its getting clos er to the appointed time to meet her date.

That girl looks at her bed, on top it already a small black rectangular sling bag, her phone, wallet, lip balm and wet tissue. She then puts everything inside her sling bag, putting it on her shoulder and get going.

That girl looks at her watch; it’s 9:37, exactly 3 minutes to the next bus with the amusement park as her destination. That girl promised her date to meet in front of the amusement park at 10:30.

It’s still possible to make for another stop before the amusement park. She smiles at herself for everything she had planned goes well so far. The sun is shining bright, only a few clouds are seen. Her appearance apparently looking good since on the way to the bus stop from her home, she caught two guys actually checking her out. She feels like she is winning the day. 

* MC *

Another girl already standing in front of the amusement park ticket booth. That girl dyed her hair light brown and cut it shoulder length. Before this, her hair was red and it makes her like she has a strong personality when in fact she is just a sweet and polite girl so she dyed her hair brown in hoping that she’ll look more gentle. She has been paying attention to how she looks just for today.

The final exam for the spring-summer semester is done and this amusement park date has been a plan of her and her date since months ago. Their friend, Sana and Jeongyeon keep joining their regular ‘date’ or ‘meeting’ for this past semester and she had enough of it. It’s time for her and her girlfriend to have alone time, just the two of them. They have been sharing too many times together among the four of them. So they decide not to tell those two noisy best friends of them about today.

Since today is a special day, she wants to look her best. She went to the salon 3 days ago, right after her last exam. She cut and dyed her hair then she went shopping with her mom, buying a cute skirt that she wears today. She puts on that red A-line above knee-length skirt with her black turtle neck that hugs her torso tight. She flattened her hair so it looks damn straight. As she touches her hair, she thinks “Wow, my hair is way straighter than me!” and laughs to herself. Her beige flat shoes with red ribbon on it matches her beige leather sling bag. It’s the end of summer so the weather is kind of chilly but not cold enough for her to bring a coat and she thinks a coat might just have ruined her looks today. Cute simple preppy girl for she also wears a black hair band with her orange-ish  hair.

She realizes that autumn is coming when the chilly wind grazing her bare knees and calves. She looks at the big clock tower in the amusement park gate, it’s 10:26. She is used to be discipline since she was young in Japan, so she came earlier than the promised time and she has been waiting for 20 minutes. Actually not only because she doesn’t want her date to wait but also because she has been restless since yesterday. She can’t stop smiling and tidying up her appearances today. She’s been waiting for this date for too long.

Me and Chaeyoung deserve this date more than anything. We’ve been nothing but nice to handle Sana’s noisy personality and Jeongyeon’s heartbreak. Now we will be spending time only the two of us. Only smile and laughter will fill today’s date. That girl thinking to herself while keep fiddling with her skirt like it’s pleated when in fact it’s completely neat since she’s been ironing it 3 times already, maybe it’s even wrinkle resistant already.

Without the girl with the hair band realizing, there is a person who has been eyeing on her since 1 or 2 minutes ago. That person smiles cunningly and steps closer to that girl. She pokes that girl’s waist and she was startled and turning her back just to find a girl with shirts in front of her. The surpriser is no other than her date for today, Son Chaeyoung or as she uses to call her is Chaengie.

“Oh Dear God, you shocked me Chaengie! What are you even trying to do? I feel like you lessen my lifetime 10 years. Geez!” The surprisee is rubbing her chest while still catching her breathe and frowning to the girl that is few cm shorter than her.

“Hey, beautiful! I was looking for you and was panic since I could find any red headed girl but then I noticed you from afar. How can I forget how good is Myoui Mina’s body line?” The girl that called Son Chaeyoung grins widely.

“But still you surprised me since I wasn’t expecting you to come suddenly like that. You know I could-“ Mina suddenly went silent when Chaeyoung pulled her left hand that was behind her back. On Chaeyoung’s left hands there is a small bouquet with 3 violet lilies wrapped in a purple paper.

“For you”, Chaeyoung shyly push it towards Mina. “Maybe I overdid the surprise by shocking you but i hope this one is a nice surprise.”

“Oh my God, Chaengie, you didn’t”, Mina reaches out her right hand accepting the pretty bouquet while her left hand covering her open mouth.

Chaeyoung who is not use to do those kind of romantic thing got embarrassed as she scratches her not-itchy head. “I know you’ve been expecting for this date since a long time and I just want today to be perfect.”

“Oh dear, this is even better than what I imagination. Cause just by being with you is a perfection for me and now this. This is so pretty, Son Chaeyoung. Thank you.” Sincerity filled every words that Mina said and she ends her sentence by hugging Chaeyoung tightly. The shorter girl doesn’t fight back, well why should she? As she is like a perfect fit with Mina, their hug feels so satisfying just like putting the last piece of a puzzle, they complete each other.

“Hehehe, it’s nothing Mina-ya! I am happy just being the reason of your smile.” Chaeyoung replies.

“You’re much more than that.” Mina lets go of her embrace. “You are the sole reason of my happiness today and the only person I will be smiling to for the rest of the day.” Mina looks at the bouquet in her hands dearly. “Thank you for the flowers, they are so pretty.”

“Anytime, baby.” Chaeyoung throws that comment without thinking. As Mina’s eyes staring at her in surprise, she realizes what she did.

“Baby?” Mina giggles at Chaeyoung’s shy reaction to her own saying. Chaeyoung didn’t say anything and keep lowering her head in embarrassment. She wasn’t planning to say it but she just did. And the reason why she is being shy about it cause for almost 1,5 years together with Mina, she never calls her anything but Mina, Myoui, Minayah or Penguin. Same as Mina that only calls Chaeyoung as Chaeyoungah, Chaeyoungie, Chaengie and little cub. They never call each other “baby, sweetheart, sweetie, shorties, etc” or any sweet nickname that people usually call their lover with. So Chaeyoung calling Mina ‘baby’ is one of important milestones in their relationship growth. And Mina is appreciating the fact that Chaeyoung made the first move instead of her, she is so happy about that.

“Let’s go baby, the rides wait for us” Mina chirpily grabbing Chaeyoung’s hand and pulling her towards the ticket booth. “As you already bought me flowers, let me buy the tickets, Kay baby?” She tilts her head playfully.

Chaeyoung is still frozen, doesn’t know what to do in those kind of situation. She just nodded at everything Mina said. Mina left hand already hooked on Chaeyoung’s arm and she slightly pulled her closer, leaving no space between their shoulder that now walking sticking side by side towards the ticket booth.

To be honest, Mina is not really good at riding the rides at the amusement park. She has something against speed, heights and danger. In general, she just afraid. But then on the other hand, Chaeyoung is brave and a bit of adrenaline junkie as she likes to call it. Maybe it’s the kid inside of Chaeyoung that made her enjoy all the thrill the rides offer her.

Mina gives up on feeling safe today as she keeps following Chaeyoung around as she chose w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter