Under The Trees

Kissing A Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You guys still remember the girl that suddenly kissed me on the train. Who suddenly locked lips with mine and just gone with the moving crowd of people? The girl who was in the center of the attention and all the rumors?

A year after that unforgettable kiss, that girl is now sitting beside me, sipping her grape juice in a box. She lets her hair down and graze by the wind. Every strand of her hair looks so majestic like in a music video.

We are sitting down under the same tree that was being the witness of my confession last time, enjoying the end of summer. Leaves were falling from the trees, carpeting the whole yard and making it fluffy to sit on. The wind is quite strong and starting to get chilly though I am wearing my uniform blazer. Mina sat by my side, watching a ballet video on her phone with earbuds on her ears.

Now, almost every day we spend after school here. Some days I just sit down here waiting for Mina to finish her practice or she’ll be waiting for me if i have extra classes. Both of us know as the end of our senior year get near, we will be busy to prepare for our final exam and grand presentation. That’s why this first semester of our senior year will be a precious time for us to spend each second together.

Mina is so engrossed in the video that she is watching. She keeps on slurping her grape juice little by little. While beside Mina, there is Sana who was reading a book but then got distracted and now is staring at the video on Mina’s phone. And there is Jeongyeon that sitting quite far from us under another tree on my left. She’s using her headphones and nodded her head up and down while writing something on her notebook.

Funny thing, after Mina and I get together, Jeongyeon and Sana begin to be a fix addition to our unofficial date. They don’t mind being the so-called-thirdwheel in our dates. Jeongyeon doesn’t mind to join me and Mina spending time together though she knows, my focus at that time will be Mina and she might be invisible in my eyes. The same goes for Sana, she also likes to hang out with me and Mina, she keeps saying its because she doesn’t want to leave Mina just alone with me. Funny right? Like what is she afraid of? I won’t ever do something that harm my love one.

From what I observe, Jeongyeon will be more excited to join if I said Sana will also be there for various reason. I am getting suspicious but every time i start mentioning about that, Jeongyeon keep saying, “It’s just that the more the merrier, Chaeng Chaeng!”

So that’s how that this ‘after school club’ is made; Me, Mina, Sana and Jeongyeon. Though in the busy weeks, we are busy deep inside our own homework and task, we just enjoy each other company that from just one unplanned hang out, it turns out to be this daily routine that we have almost every day. Me and Mina aren’t complaining since we both know that we still enjoy Jeongyeon and Sana companies, no matter how they are annoying and ruining our private times. We already agree to have our private dates every other time outside school day.

Maybe Sana is bored with what is showing on Mina’s phone and she is now back to busy reading her book while snacking on her shrimp crackers. I am finished with my Korean language homework and get an idea. Mina is sitting on my right. In a flash, I snatch her right ear bud and say, “why don’t you try to explain what it is that you’re watching because you’re so engrossed in it and starting to ignore the fact that i am sitting beside you.”

“Oh my God! You surprised me! “she holds her chest and let out a short exhale. “This is a ballet practice video of Bolshoi troupe, one of the oldest and renowned ballet troupe in the world. See, isn’t it amazing? The point, the power, their dynamic and expression.” Mina’s eyes literally lit whilst she explains and still doesn’t letting her eyes go from the screen. “This is my dream troupe. One day I wish I can go there and learn. Or more than that, I want to perform with them, be a part of them. Do you think it’s possible for me to make it true?” She turns her head to me with eyes full of hope.

I nodded and I say, “Yep! I have no doubt my black swan will be able to do that. I can’t wait to see you among those great ballerinas and ballerinos since I know how talented you are.” I ended the sentence with a wide smile.

She puts down her phone and hugs me.

“You know what, I really appreciate little thing you do or say to me. Cause of those little things, you make every second of my life is worth it. After you come to my life, I keep on thinking that I want to feel again. I don’t want to waste more minute. When I come here and I feel so out of place. I am lost and I don’t know where I belong. For that I met you, i know where I WANT TO belong.” she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter